Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

stamina guin knight is useless

Tinnis

guin doesnt get reduced stamina knight power use e.g. pcm. [less food tho. and lol double jump?]

P5zWxxp.png

guin burrow drains stamina as well as stops stam regen when on whether you are under ground or not. [e.g. above ground with toggle still on]

to turn burrow toggle off in order to even restore your stamina regen you have to exit combat mode to turn it off

guin knight is an incredibly useless combo if knight it continues to be shackled by stamina combined with this combat state limitation to turn it off.

Example of this:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThankfulBlindingMangoNerfBlueBlaster

BLAIR RESPONSE (apprently an okay design for knight...)

https://clips.twitch.tv/GoodAuspiciousDoveCharlieBitMe

thoughts @Arkade, @durenthal, @soulein, @NchDu?

Edited by Tinnis

Am I missing something, have you played a guinecean knight?  This seems like a hyperbolic projection.

I see tblair's response didn't seem that concerned.  Once the guinecean knight is in if there are serious problems I am sure tblair will address them, but that seems like a future hypothetical problem, not one that actually exists.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

3 hours ago, Helix said:

Too early to tell, but this one specific thing sounds terrible.

Certainly not ideal, but the current tech limitation of requiring the same conditions to start/stop a toggle power wasn't going to stop me from making a cool power!

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

1 minute ago, thomasblair said:

Certainly not ideal, but the current tech limitation of requiring the same conditions to start/stop a toggle power wasn't going to stop me from making a cool power!

Almost midnight and you are still working. Take a break! :)

5 hours ago, thomasblair said:

To be brutally honest.  I just get the point of giving the ability to the bloodline.

Knights and Clerics do not require stealth for their kits. Using this stealth slows them down, and in fact actually opens them up to being able to be hit by flare which is actually one of the most damaging and debilitating abilities. Plus unless you give them some kind of ability to use to burst out of stealth. They then have to awkwardly climb back out of stealth while in the out of combat stance. Which if caught in they will get dizzy downed.

So unstealthing near a target would actually be literally a suicidal tactic.

With no tunnel ability to dash forward using stealth mid fight to escape again would be a crazy tactic as you would have to go out of combat, burrow(2second cast time) and hopefully move in a way that dodge one of the multitudes of aoes. If your opponent has flare you literally have just killed yourself if you do this, but even then most people will simply attack around where you burrowed and dizzy down you. It's only real use is traveling around while stealth, which I suppose is cool and all. But where its a constant drain on resources on two of the most resource dependent classes I just don't see a real benefit to the ability. I mean yes your potentially flanking your opponents from stealth, but is starting from half or less of your resources really worth it? as you'll have to unstealth a decent distance away otherwise you'll simply get dizzy downed.

I get that with bloodlines you want to bring abilities from the main class and give it to the other classes. Which is a time saver for sure. But could I offer the suggestion of instead of bringing stealth to knight and cleric. You instead give them a watered down version of Inconceivable or Redirect pain. I get they are less flashy... But in my opinion would be vastly more useful for these two classes.  

A Knight should be a model for bravery on the battlefield, not a cowardish hamster that hopes that there will be enough Stamina left for his tunnel-escape mode in the heat of the battle. Have brave hamsters, but take the tunnel-Option away. I does not fit and it feels not to be in line with any idea of knighthood.

6 hours ago, thomasblair said:

@thomasblair

please don't get me wrong, i think the guin racial discipline is a cool design. i love the idea of giving a base line stealth utility to knights and clerics. i am excited to try out both of these options! i think you have designed and divided the mechanics well between the base guin racial and the duelist's burrow.

for the mana cleric this is all fine, it is only in the context of the knight using the singluar stamina resource in a combat capacity where the issues occur.

• draining your combat resource if you burrow for a long time (this one I could live with)

• but combined with even if you jump out and ambush someone you will now have you combat resource regen totally turned off and still draining

do you think the tech limit is insurmountable in this instance?

p.s. i wish you had shown off the double jump, nice little surprise there for sure!

Its just these sorts of complications the stamina knight causes, see also sprinting, harvesting, rehab heal on stam amount, food use, hunger turning off stamina regen etc

I just dont see the value stamina knight brings at this point vs say giving him a copy of fury and letting him use stamina in a consistent manner as all other characters

Edited by Tinnis

16 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Am I missing something, have you played a guinecean knight?  This seems like a hyperbolic projection.

I see tblair's response didn't seem that concerned.  Once the guinecean knight is in if there are serious problems I am sure tblair will address them, but that seems like a future hypothetical problem, not one that actually exists.

Am I missing something, have you played a guinecean knight? anything that isn't forum-bane?

Edited by Tinnis

17 hours ago, Askari said:

A Knight should be a model for bravery on the battlefield, not a cowardish hamster that hopes that there will be enough Stamina left for his tunnel-escape mode in the heat of the battle. Have brave hamsters, but take the tunnel-Option away. I does not fit and it feels not to be in line with any idea of knighthood.

Your Victorian ideals of knighthood do not mesh with the historical record.  There were plenty of douchebag knights.

6 hours ago, zolaz said:

Your Victorian ideals of knighthood do not mesh with the historical record.  There were plenty of douchebag knights.

That is the crux with idealism. Life and rutheless realists take it all: Santa Claus, fairy tales, monsters under the bed, the only foreverlasting one true love ... sniff. And now true "knights in shining armour" are also under attack. Fine. Maybe Knights were not always that shining. But "tunneling"? C'mon, give me a break.

11 hours ago, Askari said:

That is the crux with idealism. Life and rutheless realists take it all: Santa Claus, fairy tales, monsters under the bed, the only foreverlasting one true love ... sniff. And now true "knights in shining armour" are also under attack. Fine. Maybe Knights were not always that shining. But "tunneling"? C'mon, give me a break.

Here you go, Lizzie.

keep-calm-and-look-at-the-flowers-6.png