Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Elken!

Seems like Headbutt will be a pretty awesome skill with it being a knockdown able to hit multiple targets. I'm assuming it'll work very similarly to Bull Rush since Blair (accidentally?) mentioned the Elken racial alongside a question asked about the Myrmidon's Bull Rush.

Knockdowns are considerably longer duration than stuns and are a bit more rare. Mace wielding Elken Templars have access to A LOT of CC if they want it!

Do ranged powers include any ability with range or only projectile abilities like Confessor skills? Would be crazy if it increased the area of Divine Light.

WAIT A SECOND! I just noticed that "dodge roll" is missing on the racial powers. Is this intentional or does Headbutt go on the RMB? @thomasblair

Edited by Zybak

21 hours ago, ACE_Jackal said:

Get a detailed look at the infamous Murdeer.

FULL STORY

Looking good. (I was sort of hoping for a heart-eating-cannabisation power from lore teases but oh well!)

Question: Does trail blazer/master stack with other speed effects, like bard song of speed or friar seeker's blessing or escape artist retaliate etc?

Or only the most powerful / a hard cap?

We are also curious what +25 perception would translate to in-game distance......25meters...for shadow sight stealth detection (from what base?) or...?

Thanks

p.s. other teased in progress racials for those interested from recent livestreams

MhDdw2m.png

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Love the info but! 

Before we get too far down the rabbit hole of Racial Passives I think a quick UI change is needed  Example:

Elken:

Attributes

Strength    +30

Constitution + 30

Statistics 

Perception     +25

Distance Bonus   +10 

I think there needs to be a clear boundary to the Parent Attributes and Child Statistics and it should probably start with the Racial Definition/Benefits

Edited by Anhrez

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

The in-game model (in the armor demonstrated in the update at least) looks a lot more Reindeer than Mur-deer, but hopefully I'll get to adorn my deer with the entrails of my enemies. ^_^

?? for the racial powers/attributes/stats. ?  

Edited by moneda

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

I've always loved the Murdeer. Such a unique race in the MMO space. I almost wish you'd ignored the elf race altogether, and worked on more unique ones like this.

@thomasblair The Perception stat granted by this racial is +25. Is this a raw conversion to yards in terms of the size of the bubble? What does +25 mean in terms of a radius for players being able to detect stealthed characters? I realize some of this has to do with the other side of the equation, the noise bubble from the stealthed players stealth stat, but it would be interesting to know what these two stats mean in "real" world terms

16 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

(I was sort of hoping for a heart-eating-cannabisation power from lore teases but oh well!)

That was D'Orion pictured, not necessarily an Elken. :)

The Elken look great btw! You making it hard for me to choose what I want to play with these races and classes! That is a good thing!

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Nice looking ! I like the model it looks really badass (specially with the two hand sword)

I found the KD power little too much, because it's again one hard CC (count how many we have already : Champion, Myrmidon, Confessor, Knight, Templar, Duelist with expose status)

I'm afraid this game will turn into a CC fest when everything will be in place (specially when we read the Assasin will be a stunlock class) compared to Shadowbane where CC were present but used with more caution (remember 1 cc was 2x time immune duration)

Players don't like that kind of stuff where most of the time you can't do anything.

But well, we will see i guess.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

one suggestion for these 'meet the X' race segments:

could you give some information about the raical training tree 

e.g. what section they are under Sylvan > sub section 

and what sort of unique training perks they might get to their combat, harvesting and gathering

(elken skinning maybe?) etc

3 minutes ago, Caenth said:

That was D'Orion pictured, not necessarily an Elken. :)

The Elken look great btw! You making it hard for me to choose what I want to play with these races and classes! That is a good thing!

the lore is elkens are corrupted humans etc though by (?eating a heart to D'Orion?)

D’Orion, then, was the greatest of sinners, for with each passing year he ranged further afield in search of more exotic and dangerous prey. One day he wandered too deep into Gaea’s wood, and Gaea cursed him for her displeasure, transforming him from a man into a beast – a beast that other men would find irresistible to kill.

Gaea’s curse still hangs over the deepest of forest; any hunter who ranges too far deep risks losing himself – and is reborn, with hooves and horns.

Silent and brooding, the Elken speak mostly through gestures. They apparently keep no memory of the men they once were, but retain their intellect and, of course, their love of the hunt.

is it intentional the elken entirely lacks a RMB dodge (using dodge pips)

(assuming the rush is a tray power rather than a RMB ...?)

or intentional design as part of their pro and cons given they already get the speed boost and tray mobility power

Edited by Tinnis