Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Elken!

33 minutes ago, erichart said:

We are planning on having horns as a customization option. It's kind of their hair option so to speak :)

So what I am hearing is..... Moose Antlers confirmed.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

The issue with the moose is whether we'll be able to expand the face so its more "moose-like." On the other hand...there is the legendary (and now extinct) Irish Elk...

irishBW.jpg

very fantasy-ish and could be very cool in game...

latest?cb=20130803231105

Edited by Gradishar

I look at that armor and go ... ouch my aching knees.  I hope you have some knee pads to go under that plate.  Just walking around in those legs for a day would make your knees swell up from the hammering.  

If I had horns like that, Id cut em off.  Who needs to have your center of gravity all messed up when you are swinging a sword?  Pulling a bow wouldnt be so bad, but any time your head got off of center it would mess your balance all up.  You want to have your force traveling into your opponent, like you would in a charge.  Swordplay rarely travels directly into your opponent's defensive centerline.  A sword isnt a club, it has to hit less armored points.

Hmmm ... the racial abilities dont look like they are going to be equal at all.  Would you rather have a ring slot or 25% increased movement? lol   

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

3 hours ago, erichart said:

We are planning on having horns as a customization option. It's kind of their hair option so to speak :)

I know he is an ELKen, but ram horns could be cool too...

call-of-the-beastmen-trailer-screenshot.

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

He looks freaking majestic! However, I hope that as crowfall matures there is more unique races. Instead of just high fantasty/bestial races. I think there is some really cool opportunities to make some never before seen races since crows are scavengers of different worlds.

I have to hand it to ACE, you guys sure know how to get everyone excited. Another good sign is that many people cannot decide what race to pick, in Discord I see people struggling to choose between all of them, which is generally a good sign that they all have value and you've got balance close to right. The idea of single-race guilds or groups is extra appealing in light of how visually unique some of them are...really great job here with the design and bold choices in terms of racial powers. Large field battles are going to look amazing!

17 minutes ago, RKNM said:

Still a crime that druid is not available to Elken. For gods sakes, they were transformed by the forest, you'd think they might've gained something from it

How nature loving would you be if suddenly it transformed you? A healthy hatred towards nature is understandable at that point.

12 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Changing my name to Elken Degeneres, I hope it isn't already taken.

Elken Degenerate* would be more fitting because of her deplorable behavior.

Otherwise that's pretty clever :D