Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Elken!

10 minutes ago, Covfefe said:

Elken Degenerate* would be more fitting because of her deplorable behavior.

Otherwise that's pretty clever :D 

I thought about degenerate as a fallback but I like the aesthetic of degeneres.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

14 hours ago, Jasta885 said:

does the +10 range apply to player based AOE's?  do they expand 10 units wider?

No, unfortunately they don't. (At least they didn't last time I checked) The range doesn't apply to the width of AoEs

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

11 hours ago, Anthrage said:

The idea of single-race guilds or groups is extra appealing in light of how visually unique some of them are..

All these bovine and ungulate animal options is sure to pull the Murder Herd in-game, haven't seen that clan since AoC and DFO. Hope those custards are still around

52 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

No, unfortunately they don't. (At least they didn't last time I checked) The range doesn't apply to the width of AoEs

Lol unfortunately.

You'll be seeing 90 meter 2k crits already from a Ranger you can't even see (or can barely see).

Edited by coolwaters

16 hours ago, Jasta885 said:

does the +10 range apply to player based AOE's?  do they expand 10 units wider?

The width no I would think not, but for ground target AoEs it should in theory at least increase the distance at which you can place them?

On 7/27/2017 at 7:09 PM, Zybak said:

Seems like Headbutt will be a pretty awesome skill with it being a knockdown able to hit multiple targets.

the red color on the icon suggests it will only hit one :)

4UYf523.png

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

12 hours ago, Tinnis said:

the red color on the icon suggests it will only hit one :)

4UYf523.png

Then again the Plural form of "targets" would suggest it could hit more

As does the description they gave of it

The first power is Head Butt. This power uses a hold-to-activate input model. When used, it will causes your Elken to charge forward, dealing damage to, and knocking down, any enemies caught in your path.

Edited by Gummiel

Nice to see another unique race.

Hopefully Centaur racial disciplines will include fully functional cavalry advantages and disadvantages present with other races when the acquire mounts, having meaningful racial distinction and all. 

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

2 hours ago, bahamutkaiser said:

Nice to see another unique race.

Hopefully Centaur racial disciplines will include fully functional cavalry advantages and disadvantages present with other races when the acquire mounts, having meaningful racial distinction and all. 

Yes, I am indeed really pondering the implementation and mechanics of mounts and the effects they will have on the game for both exploration, combat and race variety.

[p.s. one thing to not overlook for centuar racial: they get master of polearms/maces from last we heard!]

Edited by Tinnis

5 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

Yes, I am indeed really pondering the implementation and mechanics of mounts and the effects they will have on the game for both exploration, combat and race variety.

[p.s. one thing to not overlook for centuar racial: they get master of polearms/maces from last we heard!]

Good to know. I'd rather they didn't focus Centaur specialties on anything but cavalry effects, since their cavalry features should be the most dramatic out of any racial distinguishments. Things like their basic access to mounted speed and power, cavalry oriented attack actions, and equestrian superiority. 

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

6 minutes ago, bahamutkaiser said:

Good to know. I'd rather they didn't focus Centaur specialties on anything but cavalry effects, since their cavalry features should be the most dramatic out of any racial distinguishments. Things like their basic access to mounted speed and power, cavalry oriented attack actions, and equestrian superiority. 

i cant exactly see an elken or a minotaur on a mount either....so need to see how they handle this... [beyond 'trailblazer/master' i hope and mounts in general]

27 minutes ago, bahamutkaiser said:

Hey the Centaur is free from Legionnaire so it is back to top of the list for me.  Centaur Champion is looking pretty good for some extreme movement and a damage hybrid Cleric might be great at harassment.  Not quite cavalry, but with some care we might be able to build something close-ish.   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

27 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

i cant exactly see an elken or a minotaur on a mount either....so need to see how they handle this... [beyond 'trailblazer/master' i hope and mounts in general]

WoW minotaurs are fine on mounts. I don't really see a problem there.

I'd just like to say that I feel the character model is too humanoid in the limbs. I feel that an elkens limbs should be lean and slim not muscular and thick. My son was also thrown by the look although his dislikes had something to do with the face as well as the limbs. It is simply my opinion and I wanted to express it.

3 hours ago, McFear said:

I'd just like to say that I feel the character model is too humanoid in the limbs. I feel that an elkens limbs should be lean and slim not muscular and thick. My son was also thrown by the look although his dislikes had something to do with the face as well as the limbs. It is simply my opinion and I wanted to express it.

Well they are sort of half deer, half men from what I understand, not 100% deer, so make sense they have kept some humanoid features