Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Myrmidon - The Dark Horse of Crowfall

ZYBAK

The Myrmidon is currently the least played class in Crowfall by a pretty significant margin. However I think there is a lot of potential power in this class and I think it's going to be quite the powerhouse especially when a few key bugs get fixed!

plus the over kill nerfs to:

• berserk duration [and bonus fury regen...?]
  • berserk timing UI issues
  • the scaling damage increases for the myrm based on incoming damage [removed]
  • raging bull damage and availability via damage value changes and soul charge instead of cooldown
  • PCM and fury
  • that root motion on the stun for aiming just does not feel good
  • technically root CCs are meant to break early on damage now...not that i've seen that really. people can teleport out of them.
  • big world damage splitting power target changes: reduced his stun from 3 target to 1 target max.
Edited by Tinnis

27 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

plus the over kill nerfs to:

• berserk duration [and bonus fury regen...?]
  • berserk timing UI issues
  • the scaling damage increases for the myrm based on incoming damage [removed]
  • raging bull damage and availability via damage value changes and soul charge instead of cooldown
  • PCM and fury
  • that root motion on the stun

• At first I was bummed when Berserk initially got nerfed but now it's a lot more of a decision to mitigate the crash or let it slide. Berserk needed to be nerfed and I'd rather have this than gut the healing mechanic. Plus it adds another skill mechanic to the class.
  • The timer is actually fixed now. However the Berserk UI is really buggy and rarely ever displays how much damage you're going to take when you crash. This bug is REALLY annoying and is gimping the Myrmidon a good bit.
  • Raging Bull needed to get nerfed but it definitely is pretty underwhelming now :P
  • PCM is seemingly getting fixed with the dual weapon split? Also there's some bugs with PCM in general apparently.
  • I actually like the root motion on the stun. I think root motion is fun for flavor abilities like that and Champion Rend. However the fury cost for that combo is WAY to high for what it gives you. That either needs to be a knockdown or cost significantly less fury because it's really hard to justify using it. Especially if the target has the CC resistances trained.

Berserk actually does scale with incoming damage taken. They took it away then reintroduced it with this patch however they seem to plan on capping it at 20% which is pretty lame. I don't think they need to cap the multiplier with how short of a duration Berserk is now. Also I'd love some clarification on how the damage scaling works for Berserk. Does it scale on percentage of health or flat number of damage taken? @thomasblair

The only changes I'd like to see outside of the bug fixes with PCM and the Berserk Meter + Bull Rush and Net Pull not working is a tweak to the cost of the stun combo (or make it a Knockdown). Also I'd like to see Pulverize have a mini charge attached to it that lunges you at your target. Right now Pulverize is a little unfun because the ability is pretty unusable in the non root-motion environment outside of crash mitigation. 

Edited by Zybak

can you still activate a new berserk when already stunned/knock down/suppressed? :)  could in the past [but not sure now....many c powers can't these days]

and 50% fury cost of pulv with basic axes....painful!

Edited by Tinnis

Remember when you would get net pulled, stunned, then one shot by a myrm? good times those were........

Then the good old 'animation time' debacle that it caused... lol

oh the 'member berries.

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

41 minutes ago, Destrin said:

Remember when you would get net pulled, stunned, then one shot by a myrm? good times those were........

Then the good old 'animation time' debacle that it caused... lol

oh the 'member berries.

It wasn't a good time. Myrms are suppose to be a tank class so the high DPS output was pretty absurd. They need to make up their mind what role its suppose to fill and stick with that.

Just now, Tark said:

It wasn't a good time. Myrms are suppose to be a tank class so the high DPS output was pretty absurd. They need to make up their mind what role its suppose to fill and stick with that.

Why so serious Tark?

You're right... it was pretty much the dark ages of CF.

Now go back to under your bridge and let me finish my 'member berries.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Just now, Destrin said:

Why so serious Tark?

You're right... it was pretty much the dark ages of CF.

Now go back to under your bridge and let me finish my 'member berries.

I'm merely stating it seems the Myrm doesn't really have an identity. The state it is in now is horrible, the state it was in before was horrible. 

I'm still trying to find the clip of me in Hunger Dome popping Berserk and jumping off the keep and 1 shotting 4 people. 

I think the Myrmidon mechanics are in a pretty good spot in terms of filling a tank role in the game. I think they've got the damage to survivability ratio right. Myrmidon is cool because you can choose whether you want to play more of a tank role or DPS role simply by deciding to mitigate your crashes or not.

• You can play it safe and manage your fury and hit every crash and make yourself pretty tanky.
  • You can be a little more aggressive but hang on to your fury and only mitigate the bigger crashes.
  • Or you can go full YOLO and dump all your fury and embrace death.

As fun (and OP) as 15 second Berserk was nerfing it to 8 seconds was definitely the right move for the class. It's much more of a skill mechanic now and involves a lot more player choice. Looking back at my own gameplay there were a ton of times I should've just ignored the crash damage and spent my fury on more damage and had better uptime. They just need to fix the damn Berserk meter so I can see how big my crashes will be and I'll be a happy camper.

2 minutes ago, Zybak said:

I'm still trying to find the clip of me in Hunger Dome popping Berserk and jumping off the keep and 1 shotting 4 people. 

I think the Myrmidon mechanics are in a pretty good spot in terms of filling a tank role in the game. I think they've got the damage to survivability ratio right. Myrmidon is cool because you can choose whether you want to play more of a tank role or DPS role simply by deciding to mitigate your crashes or not.

• You can play it safe and manage your fury and hit every crash and make yourself pretty tanky.
  • You can be a little more aggressive but hang on to your fury and only mitigate the bigger crashes.
  • Or you can go full YOLO and dump all your fury and embrace death.

As fun (and OP) as 15 second Berserk was nerfing it to 8 seconds was definitely the right move for the class. It's much more of a skill mechanic now and involves a lot more player choice. Looking back at my own gameplay there were a ton of times I should've just ignored the crash damage and spent my fury on more damage and had better uptime. They just need to fix the damn Berserk meter so I can see how big my crashes will be and I'll be a happy camper.

I'm sure you can set up AHK to do that for you.

It is always strange to me that classes/races/archetypes are all judged primarily on their perceived viability in combat (relative power--except for the examples of truly broken classes).  As Zybak points out early in the video, the Minotaur/Myrmidon is cool--IMO, one of if not the best animated archetype.  However, outside of the rule of cool and the ever present desire by most PvPers to play the ultimate min/max (or even OP class/race), the Myrmidon is a beast race.  As far as races go, players disproportionately choose humans or elves or something very similar to them.  Finally, Zybak points out that the Myrmidon is a difficult class (skill floor) and therefore people avoid it.  I find that ironic, as many vocal people on the boards have called for more difficulty and complexity in the classes, yet there were 2 Myrmidons this weekend.  

And I'll just say it, based on the live stream, I do think that half-giant looks very good in terms of power... maybe too good.  ACE seemed to indicate, however, that the racial trees will balance that out.    

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

3 hours ago, Regulus said:

And I'll just say it, based on the live stream, I do think that half-giant looks very good in terms of power... maybe too good.  ACE seemed to indicate, however, that the racial trees will balance that out.    

To be fair, they did say they want races to be op in their own unique way, with viable/unviable classes/disc.

Berserk needs to be lengthened.  If not the 15s originally, than 12s.  If not better to remove the 2 powers off your bar (zerker and pulverize).  Impossible to justify when discipline powers are much stronger and it is trivially easy to crash a myrm that isnt CC immune via juggernaut. (berserk mechanic, now requiring 3 total powers for 8 seconds of mitigation).

The Mino racial berserk is actually better than the class one.  I would take X damage spread over 6 seconds, rather than X damage all at once any day. Gives heals a chance to counter the damage (bonus--its only takes one slot and doesnt have to have the crash avoided).

Biggest issue was that there was little counter play against the myrmidon. Pulverize apparently was bugged and stunning a myrmidon mid-channel didn't cancel his crash mitigation. They fixed that, but they also nerfed a whole bunch of other things. The damage obviously had to come down on C, it was too cray cray, but I didn't but the duration nerf to zerk might of been overboard.

Personally, I'd prefer if the class berserk worked more like the discipline berserk (damage distributed over a period of time instead of one insane burst) or change it so the damage can't instant kill you.

I've never been a fan of gimmicks on the archetypes/classes, so I also wouldn't mind if they gave the myrmidon more wiggle room away from just sitting in berserk.

Having a tank roll the dice and insta-gib itself sounds awful.

• Keep the damage where it's at.
  • Increase the duration on berserk; change the mechanic so the damage is either not fatal or periodic.
Edited by Helix

Before noble purpose nerf I was able to hang with anyone on my myrmidon. Now I'm waiting on some fixes because fury starvation. Biggest problem is PCM and fury Regen. Net needs to be more reliable too. Most of Zybacks points are correct.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

9 minutes ago, blazzen said:

Before noble purpose nerf I was able to hang with anyone on my myrmidon. Now I'm waiting on some fixes because fury starvation. Biggest problem is PCM and fury Regen. Net needs to be more reliable too. Most of Zybacks points are correct.

also on the net front, most people focus on the broken root and pull - but it *also* has literally the longest movement power in the game on it - a 30 meter instant teleport 

its just like never worked ever

Edited by Tinnis

p.s. i personally dont like they have deliberately designed the minotaur racial "mini berserk" to actively not stack in any way with the myrm berserk [using one puts the other on cooldown]

Edited by Tinnis

6 hours ago, Tinnis said:

also on the net front, most people focus on the broken root and pull - but it *also* has literally the longest movement power in the game on it - a 30 meter instant teleport 

its just like never worked ever

Yea it's really really good. So much of the Myrmidon's kit is amazing but is not usable due to bugs. Bull Rush is another ability that's going to be bananas when it's functioning properly. 

I seriously hope they prioritize these class bugs with Myrmidon and Knight. I realize they aren't "show stoppers" but holy crap they are really really killing the appeal of otherwise amazing classes.