Dear Lord, Please No High Heels.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Running shoes, yes?

Nonsense.  They might be uncomfortable for you, but you are not an Elf or Fey.  Graceful creatures such as they can wear high heels all the time with no negative consequences.   Don't be upset just

After seeing your mom in heels I can't say I'd mind.  

They were doing so well with the armor look and feel up until now but they're starting to slip into the standard smexy mode with the fae.  *shudders and tries to clear Tera images from subconscious*

That's not even a vaguely fair comparison. 

Tera females were slightly less concealed than the average lingerie model.

I hope they can depart from sexualized attire... It's pathetic. I don't mind sex appeal in the game, just keep it to casual in town equipment, keep it off the battlefield please.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Actually, the origins of high heels were for men and for the battlefield. No I'm not talking about thin stiletto heels, I'm takling about like boot heels. Men originally wore high heels for horseback riding. The design was to keep your feet from slipping off the stirrup while galloping into battle. The stirrup sat between the balls of your feet and the heel and the heel of the shoe extended your actual heel to keep it from slipping.

It just happened that the nobility started wearing them for their non-combat horseback riding which then they started wearing them to court. Then women picked them up because the nobility was wearing them. Eventually it became a female only thing.

But before, heels were used for battle!

Actually, the origins of high heels were for men and for the battlefield. No I'm not talking about thin stiletto heels, I'm takling about like boot heels. Men originally wore high heels for horseback riding. The design was to keep your feet from slipping off the stirrup while galloping into battle. The stirrup sat between the balls of your feet and the heel and the heel of the shoe extended your actual heel to keep it from slipping.

It just happened that the nobility started wearing them for their non-combat horseback riding which then they started wearing them to court. Then women picked them up because the nobility was wearing them. Eventually it became a female only thing.

They also made you appear taller, which has always played into social status,

You forgot the part about they were also great for avoiding the large piles of human excrements while walking down the streets.

They were doing so well with the armor look and feel up until now but they're starting to slip into the standard smexy mode with the fae.  *shudders and tries to clear Tera images from subconscious*

This. I could not play Tera because of this. 

Jiggly physics, loose clothing... alright, I can pretend that's armor, if I squint really hard.

But when a booth babe in high heels goes into spin to win roflcopter mode with a railroad tie, physics and my suspense of disbelief goes out the window and my lunch wants to come upstairs because just watching that makes me feel a little nauseous.

Some people get carsick from first person shooters. I get carsick from ladies in high heels doing acrobatics.

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

I really, really hope they change this. I already hate the character in general (any group that thinks an entire sex deserves to die are idiotic at best and complete psychopaths at worst), but hey, it's the devs' prerogative. Yet to take a character that is specifically anti-men and give her THE MOST male gaze-y, impractical armor that I've seen in the entire game thus far is ridiculous. Mini skirt, check. Exposed cleavage, check. High heels, check. I could totally buy into this outfit if it was what the fae wore outside of battle - maybe they want to seduce men and then backstab them, fine. But since the game has already established that armor serves the purpose of, well, armor. To protect one's vitals and all that. I don't see how this works at all.

It's particularly disappointing because I actually love how they've represented all the other female characters thus far. The female templar and knight look awesome. The confessor has a boob window for no reason, but thankfully it's minimal and she has real armor aside from that. So please, devs, I hope you really consider this.

I'm not at all against sexy attire in games when it makes sense - I immediately think of Witch Elves from Warhammer. They wear the equivalent of a bra and panties into battle, but then, they're freaking crazy (go into a battle frenzy and basically berserker mode where they don't care about wounds) and are meant to literally pop up behind a squishy, kill it, then disappear again. They aren't supposed to be in sustained battle because they're well aware they'll get gutted if they stick around.

Oh, and by the way, even Witch Elves have the sensibility to wear flats: war_we2.jpg

Edited by Kembriel

I value/support the dev's artistic vision more than anything else.

If they want high heels, so be it.  If they don't, that is good too.

What concerns me most is loud people bullying small dev studios to conform to someone else's vision of a game they aren't developing.