Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Founders' Update: Interactables Changes

I like the direction this is headed, good update on mechanics.

We’re also limiting which interactions are available to you during combat. If you want to capture a Fort or Keep, this is now an out-of-combat action.....

..... To returning players, you’ll likely forget that some interactions require you to leave combat mode

Will the capture interaction be like harvesting, where you can go from a combat state to a non-combat state just by starting to harvest?  I feel it would be easier to allow for players to start the capture mechanic in combat, but it automatically changes you to a non-combat state as soon as you hit F.  It may already be this way, so I'm just seeking clarification.

lUvvzPy.png

So very happy to see this : In addition, we added a slight highlight to the object being targeted. When assets are close together, this highlight gives you warning so you can adjust your aim before you Interact.

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

One question:

"The length of the F to Interact timers was generally in the range of 3-5 seconds. We took a hatchet to them, because they were annoying."

By taking a hatchet to them - and I'm not sure which interactions you are referring to that were 3-5 seconds - I assume you mean you reduced them? That would be the only way to make them less annoying I am guessing - are they 1 second, or instant? Thanks!

Stealth

Interactions will now break stealth (with the exception of looting chests or corpses and using gates). Yes, this includes capture interactions.

I'm a little surprised that looting corpses does not break stealth.

rSHxVEY.gif

2 minutes ago, ren said:

I'm a little surprised that looting corpses does not break stealth.

It makes sense if you think about it: if I can get pick-pocketed by a Moroccan immigrant whilst alive and well under the Eiffel Tower and barely even notice imagine what can be stolen from me if I'm a inanimate corpse! 

We’re also limiting which interactions are available to you during combat. If you want to capture a Fort or Keep, this is now an out-of-combat action, which means it will be risky to do this if enemy combatants are nearby. We’re also limiting the asset construction window (which is used to feed resources to buildings and walls) to out-of-combat mode, because fighting happens in and around these assets, and we don’t want the interaction prompts and highlighted assets to distract from combat.

Interactions that are combat-related (such as looting corpses, chests, using siege weapons and teleporting through gates) are still allowed during combat.

The length of the F to Interact timers was generally in the range of 3-5 seconds. We took a hatchet to them, because they were annoying.

These are both very much appreciated. 

Nice forethought ACE.

how about toggle option for F (still requires you to keep your target on relevant object) easy to do externally anyway

and rebinding such keys and WASD? auto run or toggle for W?

i would of personally liked out of combat requirement for looting chests and bodies (but letting people do it from stealth)

@perfectdork on the subject of glaring UI issues:

fix chat UI

default position overlays group ui.

we also cannot fully collapse the chat window like we used to be able to in say HD or SP

http://imgur.com/a/trEHI

compass UI:

*REALLY* need to be able to tell which diamond indicators are which person and other information e.g. their % life fading the diamond etc or an option to display their position in raw meters

display group member names and markers when opening M map?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

slightly off topic.

Please improve the graphic of our targetting recticle out of combat, The dot can get lost in the background.

As a person who plays duelist this becomes a problem in combat too. Attacks from stealth don't get the combat recticle but they should.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

5 hours ago, Anthrage said:

One question:

"The length of the F to Interact timers was generally in the range of 3-5 seconds. We took a hatchet to them, because they were annoying."

By taking a hatchet to them - and I'm not sure which interactions you are referring to that were 3-5 seconds - I assume you mean you reduced them? That would be the only way to make them less annoying I am guessing - are they 1 second, or instant? Thanks!

yes, "taking a hatchet" means cutting them dramatically.  I think 1s is correct for most of them now.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

11 hours ago, ACE_Jackal said:

The way you interact with the world is getting an update!

FULL STORY

Isn't looting from stealth a bit OP? I mean, I know it's not total stealth (assuming none get put in later even as a short "escape" CD) but I feel like that's something that should bring players out into the open. Even if it's a you can start the interaction FROM stealth but stealth will break sometime during the channel.