Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
filip99999

Assassin Gender Locked?

Well I'm going to go ahead and state the obvious, but:

Having a race that compulsively kills off all its males continuously is stupid, unless the females reproduce asexually - in which case, why do they even have males in their species in the first place? Ya.. not really sure if the designers/writers thought this one through.

maybe they are similar to one of the races in mass effect that could reproduce with any species

Keep it oldschool SB style.

Keep all of the species/race/gender locks that you think are cool and add to the flavor of the game. Don't cave into the WoW-era demand for accessibilty and uniformity. Those people will promptly disappear when the next Kung Fu Panda or Time Travel expansion comes out.

Maybe the devs made them gender locked to stop the flood of people playing assassins like they do in other MMO's. Knowing that most male gamers are homophobic and refuse to play a female character.

Personally I don't have a problem with gender locked characters I know my own sexuality (hetro male) and playing a female character in a game doesn't bother me.

I find the whole gender locking thing very gimmicky.  It's annoying to be forced to play something and attempt to develop a releationship (read: become immersed) with when you are given no basic choice over gender.

Doesn't matter what your preference to play is, it's just a pointless limitation in the grand scheme of things.

I like that they're doing this. It makes the game more interesting and gives the Fae Assassins a bit of uniqueness. Maybe the males aren't born with wings or they only allow males with certain attributes to survive for eugenic purposes.

It's different and I like it. Clearly they aren't against making male and female genders (even for less popular archetypes). This was clearly something that they've done intentionally and not as a quick gimmick. 

Edited by Zybak

Lore wise they kill all males, even the ones they keep for "Breeding".

They sex the guys then they kill the guys, and if a boy is born they kill it too, or keep it long enough to sex then kill it.

The ladies of the night keep things classy and lady like

Welp it looks like male assassins are coming into the game. I'm a little disappointed since I really liked how the Assassins were going to have a serious story element for why there are no males.

Assassin's will likely be one of the more popular archetypes so it makes sense. If they look cool I might even play one, not that much of a lore guy  :P

This new stretch goal is one I hope they do not acheive. This breaks with the lore of the archtype for a start.

It's already 50% after a week. Not only it will get funded but it might be fastest funded goal yet.

As for lore devs wrote that they have come up with backstory for halfbreed that doesnt break the previous archtype lore. Lets wait and see.

The Blond Myth of Aquilonia

www.assassinshideout.com