vkromas

5.2.2 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports for August 4-7, 2017

On the archer, the arrow count in the HUD is not updating, also Rapid Fire lags in combat 2 to 3 seconds.

It would be great if keep walls had some indication that they were or were not being damaged.

11 hours ago, Hyriol said:

Many melee attacks seem to have a minimum range at the moment; most point blank melee powers, including LMB, fail to connect:

Is this new this build? I haven't played melee in a while, but don't remember anyone complaining during the snap test. Definitely a showstopper, togeher with the FPS issues in TT. 

Posted (edited)

10fps @medium unless looking straight down. 1080Ti. Unplayable.

Edited by biship

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Pace said:

This was my first time PVPing so I didn't notice why these guys weren't dying, but here is a video of me swinging out my ass for like 5 minutes in close quarters and a lot of melee attacks not connecting.  I figured out later in the night if I stood back about 3m i could connect swings.  Despite this bug, I am still having a blast pvping in this game. Some strong language included 

Lol man, that was fun last night. That house turned into a block party real quick. Actually didn't realize that melee attacks were all jacked up. Getting nuked through the wall is not fun btw.

Edited by Helix

Posted (edited)

I think I know what's so off-putting about the loooong cooldowns on Scimitar Druid. It's that the CDs were left the same as for the Staff, which is tuned for play with twice as many abilities.

I think the Scimitar Druid's CDs for Druid abilities needs to be lowered by 50%. Until then they will be left click derping around 90% of the time, with the occasional AE and once-in-a-blue-moon lucky Bear.

These issues are magnified by the limited build options available due to the improvident decision to remove all healing from Scimitar. We lose all healing and even effectively  lose discs we can equip, but can't slot major abilities from that aren't even really healing disciplines: Standard Bearer, Bard, for example.  I just think this should be looked at again. It's an unnecessary and overly restrictive idea that just adds nothing but frustration to the gameplay.

edit: re the cool down problem, examples: the 3 major damaging abilities are on 25, 25 and 45 second CDs. So Every 60 seconds a Scim Druid can use a whopping 5 damaging abilities, total, from the base Druid kit. That's fairly ridiculous. I don't include Fairie Flames as the damage is negligible.

The bland left click playstyle is quite literally required for Scimitar Druid because ALL of his abilities are always on CD.. Ranger is also relegated to a left click wonder, but for different reasons: left clicking only Ranger puts out more damage than anything else on the game. 

So lower Ranger left click damage, lower Scimitar CDs on Druid base class abilities and for the love of God open some of the old beneficial / healing discipline powers to Scimitar again. 

Edited by coolwaters

1 hour ago, Rikutatis said:

Is this new this build? I haven't played melee in a while, but don't remember anyone complaining during the snap test. Definitely a showstopper, togeher with the FPS issues in TT. 

I noticed some issues in Thursday's snap, but nothing like this.  Definitely new for this build.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Anhrez said:

Some passive buffs oddities

Before the down of Test 5.2.2 for the update and relaunch of TT East and BB West I had Laborer spec'd (and its still in place) and I had the three boosts Quarrying, Mining and Logging active. After I came back up and logged into BB West I no longer had the passives on my bar but I had 2 out of the 3 passives still active for me.  When I exited to the lobby and came back in. All the passives where cleared, I was able to re-add to the Passive slots and all three are back active 

E0e05x5.pngSome passive buff

Passives continued 

So relogging in again this morning Quarrying and Logging still active but not Mining (all three where active when I logged off) and no-passives set on my bar again. this was from a clean log off instead of the crash seen yesterday 

hul4r2O.png

Edited by Anhrez

I'm going to have to report you to the ADA

my vertically challenged hamster cant see out the hollow keep wall windows to shoot my pistol at bad guys kk :)

either equip the windows with step stools or make them floor or ceiling :)

Attack power doesnt seem to effect crit chance( i thought those stats had a parent child relationship

no timer on dragon statues when you mouse over them for capture

graphical glitches on unbuilt structures ( it might be the feeder)

Using Blood Pact (skill) on Templar turns every skill that requires pips to grey, while I think it should be the opposite, since you'll be able to use them even without pips (they're useable as of now too). You're also unable to gain pips why the effect is active, but this might be intentional.

21 minutes ago, galadeon said:

Would love to be able to rebind middle mouse button.

I use middle mouse for push to talk. The new settings interface doesn't let you unbind it from mouse mode.

Posted (edited)
  • I confirmed that LMB melee attacks do seem to have a minimum range right now. I was attacking an immobile (someone who was trying to spirit bank loot before I killed them) target from point blank range and was missing until I stepped back a meter or two and then the hits began to register again. 
  • When interacting with a chest from burrow a duelists power tray will be swapped to the standard tray however the duelist appears to still be burrowed. Upon activating a power it will remove the duelist from burrow. 
Edited by blazzen

11 hours ago, MightyK said:

I am wondering about this as well, also were any more groups included? I am beta 2 or 3. Should I even bother with downloading the new one? Can I delete the old one?

Are you sure? because on https://crowfall.com/en/client/ it says "If you want a more stable, 24/7 experience, play the LIVE environment. (...) If you’re okay with a more unpredictable playing experience and want to be on the front lines of testing the newest features, use the TEST environment."

That sounds to me as if both would run in parallel?

The LIVE environment isn't 5.1, it's a whole new patcher for 5.2. So yes, you should remove your old 5.1 patcher and separately download the LIVE and TEST patchers (if you want to play on both). Everyone up to beta 2 has access to TEST right now.

I know it's all kind of confusing. Once we get over this hump of splitting the environments it will be a lot clearer, I promise.

12 hours ago, Caenth said:

I think I should call Greenpeace. The environment is started to get polluted with to many visual things we don't need. There are too many sparkles. These sparkles, plus the new highlighting is visually very awful to look at and play in all the time. We don't need those visual queues to be able to use those items imo. Once you know you can walk up to a ladder and click F to get up and down it's enough. Same goes for the resources and building highlights. Once you know, you know. Keep our campaigns clean!

It's not just the tackiness of the sparkles, there's also some performance issues. Might be the reason why I can 50+ fps on BB but I can barely manage to sustain 20 fps on TT.

Audio bug somehow linked to the overall map...  After bringing up the map and closing it, combat sounds are magnified from unusually far distances and channeled into the right ear.  Bringing the map back up resets it back to expected behavior.

Posted (edited)

Druid Skill: Lightning Burst

Issue: Focused Spark disrupts Lightning Burst (LB) chain. This causes a second LB animation instead of LB, Lighting Strike, Aurora Emitter.

Steps to recreate:

• hold/cast Focused Spark (LMB)
  • cast and hold LB (#2)
  • a second LB animation will execute (bug)
  • Lightning Strike to Aurora Emitter chain interrupted

Edited by StandOrFall
Corrected based on forum input

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, StandOrFall said:

Druid Skill: Lightning Burst

Issue: Focused Spark disrupts Lightning Burst (LB) chain. This causes a second LB resulting in 2x LB instead of LB, Lighting Strike, Aurora Emitter.

Steps to recreate:

• hold/cast Focused Spark (LMB)
  • cast and hold LB (#2)
  • a second LB will cast immediately after the first (skill tray cool down will be visible)
  • note: casting and holding Focused Spark (LMB) during the first LB will also break the skill chain and cast a second LB
  • note: this can be recreated every time
  • note: I actually view this as a feature, and not so much a defect (adds some flexibility), but reporting as I don't think this was intentional design

well does it? or is it just a bugged animation.

e.g. if you try and cast spark or other powers after some other druid powers, such as say blight or wicked winds, it will just replay the animation [but just doing spark or whatever]

p.s. upon logging on we lose our previous power loads outs and also end up with duplicated powers on our bar? odd

i can heal walls?

fbVeHkp.jpg

Edited by Tinnis

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, coolwaters said:

So lower Ranger left click damage

its not that the ranger bow left click is *that* good. its just their other bow powers are clunky and not worth using

[i refuse to even use rapid fire, barrage and riochet shot these days between ammo costs, animation/speed/camera locks vs slotting other powers in their place]

suppression shot is the only expection [but dated to rooted combat mechanically]. needs allied set up or vs people who are either new or not looking your way to pull off (which is sort of fine)

Edited by Tinnis