Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Harvest Elken for leather?

Omen

Some of the recent conversation regarding resources was about looking at aspects Albion Online (won't call it AO--Anarchy Online forever!).  They have golems you can kill and get certain resources like stone or ore.  What if you could get stone off a Stoneborn?  Leather from Elkin (and maybe Minos and Centaurs)?  Ore from Elf fillings, etc?  Sounds a bit silly, but perhaps there is an interesting way to make the lore make sense of it.  It might be amusing to have one or more resources be harvestable from slain players--and this would not necessary be for necromancy alone (e.g., body parts for vessels).  Although, advanced necromancy harvesting skills along with advance stone harvesting, in the example of a Stoneborn, might both work to get the resource.  

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

On 8/5/2017 at 3:03 PM, Omen said:

I was just wondering if we are going to be able to harvest other players in pvp for skin, blood and body parts?

Tbh, you could use any skin for leather. That means if Elken can be skinned, so should humans. Besides the change in harvesting, that would be a big decision to make because it immediately makes the game a little bit more creepy, don't you think?

Edit: And while I'm not a fan of this (not because of the added creepiness), but the resource argument doesn't really apply since there are ways around that (for example make a suicide marker and those can't get harvested) and the described loop would only give you low quality resources.

Edited by BDr

18 minutes ago, BDr said:

makes the game a little bit more creepy, don't you think?

Eyeballs, eyeballs for sale, freshly dug up from the cemetery myself!

With player made vessels using necromancy, supplied by your local grave digging harvester, why would player skinning be far fetched? To hell with skinning a player, if his vessel was made with legendary eyes I would love to get my necromancer hands on them.

5 hours ago, BDr said:

Tbh, you could use any skin for leather. That means if Elken can be skinned, so should humans. Besides the change in harvesting, that would be a big decision to make because it immediately makes the game a little bit more creepy, don't you think?

Edit: And while I'm not a fan of this (not because of the added creepiness), but the resource argument doesn't really apply since there are ways around that (for example make a suicide marker and those can't get harvested) and the described loop would only give you low quality resources.

Hell, why limit this to leather...

"Long pig" beats apples any day of the week...

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, I won't lie, I will probably make a career out of being a graverobber. 

I like that the game is more realistic to the harsh realities of the medieval period setting it's in. :)

Immersiooooon.

[Cygnicrux]

"The Friendly Jackal"