Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Einlanser

Fae, Sexism, And So On.

I'm wondering if perhaps anyone has a better perspective than I do on the matter. 

yes

its simply a fictional peice of lore behind why the Fae have an archetype who is refered to as an "assassin". Its written to give you a better idea as to why this chaotic archetype is female and thats literally it.

Not blatantly evil, they are doing the whole sacrifice for the greater good thing.  Males have an inherent weakness and depravity that causes destruction on a scale wider than the Hunger and more insidious due to coming from within.  They nip that in the bud.  They built a whole society around the greater good.  

Honestly, none of this will matter once the game drops.  I've seen this movie before and trust me when I say that it will not matter in the slightest once people start logging in and building their walls and fighting over spawns.  Just some flavor about why there isn't a male skin.

Well that tears it, then. I'm making a guild of elves which only hunts men. At least, that's my plan until there's confirmation that the heavens are actually a morally ambiguous bunch at heart, and the elves are not the only ones which will be announced which are THAT (seemingly) blatantly evil.

Ah, yes. Those weak-willed people, going forth and making vigorous arguments in favor of their position. It's amazing how weak their will is. I'm impressed their will doesn't shatter from all of that using their will to incite to discussion they're doing. Why, someone of stronger will would... what? Not speak their mind?

If they can present it any other way but:

crying-waterfalls.gif

Edited by headlight

If they can present it any other way but:

crying-waterfalls.gif

If you have basic literacy and the patience to wade through a crippling eight paragraphs on the outside, you'll find that my argument is logically sound, and delivered in a calm and respectful fashion. I've acknowledged every point which tends to contradict mine, and my position was changed based on feedback from the community.

Where's your complaint? That I said something in the first place when I encountered something which I found to be worthy of mention? That I asked the community for their perspectives so that I could correct my own?

Go read a book.

Go read a book.

Please bro. We were reading War and Peace before we got out of diapers.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Well since everybody is doing it, heres my nitpick

"The Farewell Kiss is swift and painless. We are not monsters, after all. No one needs to suffer.

Some mothers cry. Some plead for assistance. My mother did neither."

No one needs to suffer EXCEPT FOR THE POOR MOTHER, geeze you monster.

Also i googled Tyrant and found that the Fae assassin herself could be labeled as such. So since men and women can be tyrants, i guess she has to...

1c72e4528b2251b228299776d0558f56.jpg

Edited by dwarfurious

Well that tears it, then. I'm making a guild of elves which only hunts men. At least, that's my plan until there's confirmation that the heavens are actually a morally ambiguous bunch at heart, and the elves are not the only ones which will be announced which are THAT (seemingly) blatantly evil.

You think the gods are all moral? I mean really? They're Order, Balance, and Chaos. Why would you think a group of gods that are flagged under Chaos would be sunshine and puppies? They're chaotic not virtuous. 

Besides that, evil, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. We consider Hitler evil but he and his followers legitimately believed they were making the world a better place. Same goes for the Fae. They believe that males cause wars and become tyrants. They've done this for generations and have known peace. They don't believe themselves evil. After all, to them they kill males swiftly and painlessly, which as they say, others don't give that courtesy. You only have to look at the latest news in our world to see how war is treated. Burning good men alive.Torture. They don't take pleasure out of it, they do it for safety and peace. That doesn't make them evil.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AboveGoodAndEvil Just gonna leave that there.

Also reminds me somewhat of the Ur-Quan and their doctrines, i.e. every living thing should be killed or it might kill us someday we're totally not the bad guys but i collect bones in a pit.

Edited by dwarfurious

What aesthetic? Its a hardcore PvP game. I hope you aren't this sensitive when someone kills and jacks your ****.

What four letter word was intended here because I for one take a stance against necrophilia.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I am reading a book: the 5+ other threads you and your sniffling kind can't seem to collaborate on but feel the need to make multiple threads about.

So you don't have a complaint. I'm glad we had this talk.

What four letter word was intended here because I for one take a stance against necrophilia.

I'm tired of being attacked by my guild mates for my personal preferences. Leave CYT alone!

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

He probably meant the four letter word which is commonly used to refer to solid excreta, but I'd still give decent odds to words referring to orifices.

He probably meant the four letter word which is commonly used to refer to solid excreta, but I'd still give decent odds to words referring to orifices.

Jacking orifices makes no sense.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Doesn't 'Jack' in that context mean 'take'?

Either way youre mine boy. Time to squealllllll.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'll admit the lore makes me uncomfortable but you know what you can do? Roll with it. Literally. Roll a character that exclusively hunts down the Fae because they're a zealot or something. Tada!