Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Einlanser

Fae, Sexism, And So On.

If you have basic literacy and the patience to wade through a crippling eight paragraphs on the outside, you'll find that my argument is logically sound, and delivered in a calm and respectful fashion. I've acknowledged every point which tends to contradict mine, and my position was changed based on feedback from the community.

Where's your complaint? That I said something in the first place when I encountered something which I found to be worthy of mention? That I asked the community for their perspectives so that I could correct my own?

Go read a book.

What's with the blatant rancor?  Calm down, eat a snickers or maybe have a drink but most importantly, just let it go.  This is the internet and people are allowed dissenting perspectives but when you start arguing yours based off insults you have lost ma'am. 

The whole amazon thing is a little over done but since this game is the child of SB it would make sense (there  women only classes that comprise a society just like the one for the Fae Assy).  Could you imagine the hate mail Todd would get if he made a male society that did the same though? 

On a separate note, you do realize the irony in telling somebody to go read a book on a forums right?  The implications that they can't read are directly contradicted by the fact that they have to read your insult to begin with.  Secondly, you are assuming books are the residence of culture in today's society but with technology that burden has been split between the classical arts and whatever medium modern science can give us. 

Go read a forum. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

If you didn't see a complaint in there, then my comprehension isn't the one under attack.

It just isn't a legitimate complaint. The only other single thread which has a similar tone under 'Fae Assassin' at the time of posting was a definite troll thread. My thread isn't about feminism, it was about my interpretation of the game's aesthetic. I was corrected by the few users to actually took the time to read the whole first post- it turns out, the archetypes aren't supposed to be universally virtuous, and the fae assassin's backstory makes sense.

Edited by Einlanser

Your comprehension is the one under attack, because you apparently can't seem to parse out the differences in the intention and goals of these threads.

So the point of all of these threads focusing on the same or similar complaints is to troll the devs into submission (was that the topic? lawl)? If so, then yeah I fail to comprehend why every one of these attention (rhymes with doors) need their own thread.

So the point of all of these threads focusing on the same or similar complaints is to troll the devs into submission (was that the topic? lawl)? If so, then yeah I fail to comprehend why every one of these attention (rhymes with doors) need their own thread.

Now I know you didn't read the post. I specifically stated, post 1, that I wouldn't want them to change anything about the character, and that trying to get artists to censor their vision is terrible. It's right there. Paragraph 4.

She's an assassin. She's isn't supposed to be noble or honest. Her kind have their ways and their reasons to act that way.

And, Jesus Christ, it's a game character.

So you are saying snipers, special operations and CIA assets can't be vitreous and honest?  I do love your invocation in reference to the game created character that doesn't exist btw. 

All people can be both good and bad, stop with the labeling people.  I just want a good game, I give no custards about political correctness in and out of the game.  It looks like this just a troll thread at this point and from both sides.    

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Now I know you didn't read the post. I specifically stated, post 1, that I wouldn't want them to change anything about the character, and that trying to get artists to censor their vision is terrible. It's right there. Paragraph 4.

Ignorance and comprehension are two entirely different things. After reading the first paragraph, you were lumped in with the generic gender whiners: weighed, measured, and found to be every bit of a troll as the one you fight.

grathkar, on 25 Jan 2015 - 1:48 PM, said:snapback.png

Im  not going  argue with you.  i will  just report you.

wiDfyPp.png

Ignorance and comprehension are two entirely different things. After reading the first paragraph, you were lumped in with the generic gender whiners: weighed, measured, and found to be every bit of a troll as the one you fight.

You're ignorant, because you didn't read the post to acquire the information, and you're uncomprehending by your own admission. You add nothing to the conversation, and you admit that you're just 'trolling.' The last refuge of those without the ability to make an argument.

GG, I hope I find you in game. 

You're ignorant, because you didn't read the post to acquire the information, and you're uncomprehending by your own admission. You add nothing to the conversation, and you admit that you're just 'trolling.' The last refuge of those without the ability to make an argument.

LMAO good luck. 

wiDfyPp.png

Actually God is the last refuge for those without an argument.

Headlight is here by divine intervention. Show respect.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Actually God is the last refuge for those without an argument.

Headlight is here by divine intervention. Show respect.

If I'm an atheist does that mean Headlight doesn't exist? 

wiDfyPp.png

I am ignorant and blissful. I saw the same argument being present as the other threads thus I had no desire to acquire any "information". It would simply be an opinion that has been regurgitated almost as often as your posts: change a few words around and call it unique. Glad you didn't deny that you are a troll as well -- The last refuge of those without the ability to make an argument.

GG. Please do.

If I'm an atheist does that mean Headlight doesn't exist?

No that means you're going to Hell.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I am ignorant and blissful. I saw the same argument being present as the other threads thus I had no desire to acquire any "information". It would simply be an opinion that has been regurgitated almost as often as your posts: change a few words around and call it unique. Glad you didn't deny that you are a troll as well -- The last refuge of those without the ability to make an argument.

GG. Please do.

I love you two fighting and all but how is she going to find you in-game "Headlight"?

wiDfyPp.png

Personally, I enjoy the variety in the archetypes. There needs to be all sides of the alignment spectrum and to simply want all archetypes to be more on the goodly side who does nothing but fight the Hunger is stale and boring. From a lore perspective, you want to give your world/s plenty of depth and to corner it into just fighting the Hunger, well, eh, it would work but it would lose interest in the lore itself pretty quickly. Honestly, in most MMOs, lore seems to be forgotten pretty quickly so I think they're making a decent attempt at making it interesting. Why not throw some man-hating-baby-killing female elf looking women in there while the Hunger rages on? How about the Elks and Badger people we've seen in the Archetype menu? I hope they hate all carnivore/omnivores and are on a crusade to make everyone Vegetarians by force! EAT THE SALAD! 

Yes, you know you want to run into battle screaming that. 

Edited by Rohe

Personally, I enjoy the variety in the archetypes. There needs to be all sides of the alignment spectrum and to simply want all archetypes to be more on the goodly side who does nothing but fight the Hunger is stale and boring. From a lore perspective, you want to give your world/s plenty of depth and to corner it into just fighting the Hunger, well, eh, it would work but it would lose interest in the lore itself pretty quickly. Honestly, in most MMOs, lore seems to be forgotten pretty quickly so I think they're making a decent attempt at making it interesting. Why not throw some man-hating-baby-killing female elf looking women in there while the Hunger rages on? How about the Elks and Badger people we've seen in the Archetype menu? I hope they hate all carnivore/omnivores and are on a crusade to make everyone Vegetarians by force! EAT THE SALAD! 

Yes, you know you want to run into battle screaming that. 

AREN'T BADGERS OMNIVORES?  ARE THEY SELF HATING BADGERS?

wiDfyPp.png

Maybe you're right. I make no claim to be a badger expert. All I know is Badger babies are adorable and I want to steal badger babies in Crowfall.