Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Einlanser

Fae, Sexism, And So On.

I hope they make a society like the spartans. That would give us men that can also kill babies (not that I'm into killing babies...just that it would fit lore), and although their women are tough for women they aren't allowed in battle. This would make a Male dominated society to counter the female only society. Then I could roll something else, and kill them both because I am for fairness between the genders. I wanted to say Humanism, but there are a bunch of races so I can't say that, and racism doesn't really work lol.

I say fairness because to me the genders aren't equal. Women are better at some things, and men are better at other things. 

If anyone makes a Fae RP guild, I wanna join and play as a sex slave.

it would be a "temp" assignment though.......just sayin

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

They have a FvF world.  Cant have a FvF war without Factions.  No reason for factions to fight if there wasnt something about an opposing Faction that you hated.

And if you look at the tree, it is divided into three sections.  Sun on the left where most of the 'man' races are, moon on the right where the 'non-humanl' races are and the center where it looks to be filled with the 'animal' type races.

Now insert whatever word you want into the '    ' spaces:  good, evil, neutral;  religious, murderers, naturalists.

Whatever you decide, know that there is a reason that certain Factions will irk your ire.

And play the game accordingly.

Everybody needs to calm down. There was a time in the real world where women were only desired for intercourse/procreation. Luckily, we have evolved since then (most of us anyway) and see women as our equals. Also, it is important to remember that these games are fictitious and are not trying to insult your manhood. Different societies have different beliefs and you just have to make like Elsa (all hail) and let it go.

Now, I too agree that this could be our first chaos character. Notice the serpent tattoo on her leg, that snake matches the snake on the cryptic tree with the goddess Zalena.

Finally, just because theirs a female race that kills their babies, doesn't mean their needs to be a male race that kill their babies. If they had introduced a male only assassin instead of a female one, I doubt sexism would have crossed your minds.

Finally, just because theirs a female race that kills their babies, doesn't mean their needs to be a male race that kill their babies. If they had introduced a male only assassin instead of a female one, I doubt sexism would have crossed your minds.

To be fair if we had a race that killed all females at birth I would probably raise an eyebrow  :D  Nonetheless though I do not see an issue here, don't be silly guys, this is not some feminist dream being acted out.

Member of The BlackHand Order

She also states the Hunger isn't your enemy, yet it clearly is to the other races :o? First "chaos" archetype shown?

Dorfs are also of the "Hunger".

But meh, you want a proper feminist society, look at Drows in Forgotten Realms.

Anyways, the whole theme of Fae is very simple, bad bitches be backstabbin' so pick your girls wisely.

Edited by Nefastus

Why is there guy/girl lock? What if I want to play a Fae Assassin but want to play as a guy? This is turning me off the game just a bit.

How can you play male Fae Assassin if Fae Assassins kill their males? Obviously there are no Fae male assassins.

And, why are people mixing real life with roleplaying lore? Why mixing real life with pixels and bits? If you play something like necromancer or warlock classes, these guys are actually into necrophillia and demonism..do you think of that when you play those classes? I guess some people are actually into that irl, but very low %. Who cares?!? Its a game. Pixels.

And tbh, my main char will probably be a Fae Assassin for 2 reasons:

1) I always, and/or mostly play female chars

2) I always, and/or mostly play assassin types

Does it mean I'm evil and I like the idea of killing babies? Rofl, ofc not. Do you think I'll roleplay according to lore, and my battlecry will be 'Purge the male filth!'? Ofc it will, cos its roleplay!

Edited by aetkiins

I hope they make a society like the spartans. That would give us men that can also kill babies (not that I'm into killing babies...just that it would fit lore)

Yeah, that's what Spartans were known for...

I don't think the point of the Fae were to introduce baby killing into Lore and create characters to fit the Lore. I'm going to assume you're trolling. Not sure why I even took the bait. FML

Crowfall: Throne War/Baby Killing Simulator.

Honestly I think we should explore this baby killing angle more. How could it be implemented into gameplay? Perhaps babies could be used as a resource, and factions could fight over them. Perhaps babies could be used as thralls for crafting? I remember an MMO that was in development that was going to allow babies as siege weapon projectiles. The possibilities are endless!

Someone should start a suggestion box thread so we can discuss this fascinating topic some more.

What disappoints me is not the thing itself- I've certainly read good stories where blatant and systemic sexism played a role- but this particular character, sitting beside other characters with noble aims, and not painted as starkly villainous, seems inapposite to me. The acts which she endorses are clearly evil, the society she comes from is clearly evil. The others, with the exception of the Legionnaire perhaps (there's an argument in there) seem to be virtuous, self-sacrificing, noble.

You realize that each story is from the character's perspective, right? I'm sure even Adolf Hitler thought he was virtuous had a noble cause.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I ain't going to gripe about sexism or anything of that crap.

Instead of changing anything on the character's backstory I'd rather want to understand the why's and the reasons behind. Yes it is heinous but that's also why it is so damned interesting.

Keep it as it is and keep it coming!

Crowfall: Throne War/Baby Killing Simulator.

Honestly I think we should explore this baby killing angle more. How could it be implemented into gameplay? Perhaps babies could be used as a resource, and factions could fight over them. Perhaps babies could be used as thralls for crafting? I remember an MMO that was in development that was going to allow babies as siege weapon projectiles. The possibilities are endless!

Someone should start a suggestion box thread so we can discuss this fascinating topic some more.

Such a modest proposal.

(Jonathan Swift, for the unread)

---

I love the Fae Assassin, and I really dig the backstory, too. Girl Power!

The Amazons set an excellent precedent for a female-only society. Their history is well-documented by the ancient Greek historians. 

The Craster family in Game of Thrones also sacrifices all of the male babies at birth; they go to the White Walkers as payment for peace/not turning all the Crasters into wights. Craster, that craven cadaver, has practically chosen an all-female society with which to protect himself from the mischief of men and magic. 

I'll trade the gender-locked centaur for the gender-locked fae. Fair is fair.

Edited by iridianshadowweaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I, for one, really hate this character. Maybe it's bad time but after having to deal with SJWs talking about how horrible men are lately in the gaming crowd it's annoying to see an entire character class' view of men boiled down to hating, assaulting, and killing them.

BUT, instead of being all butt hurt like they get, let's just use it. Don't censor the character, if that's what the developers want, it's what they want. There seems to be a good bit of character options so I'm sure we'll get a male that has an assassin style. But I can take that hatred for this character and use it in the game. Maybe if I play in a RP server I could kill any Fae Assassins on sight (or, you know, try). Maybe a back story is that my character's brother was one of their 'breeders' that they killed. Might eventually lead to a guild where no Fae are allowed, having GvG battles with Fae only guilds.

Maybe in a RP server there's a Fae that doesn't like her people's view of men so she sets out on her own to try to change things, Drizzt style.

The point I'm trying to make is, it's ok to hate this character. Just use that hate to make the game more interesting.

I've seen quite a bit of bashing on the devs vision of how this particular character should work, and some bashing on the idea of gender locked character choices. I honestly don't understand what everyone's issue is with the need to feel objectified, or opressed. Someone is going to get butt hurt over this, and give me some drool about oppression and rights. Turns out not everything is fair in the world no matter how much you blame this type of attitude I have at the moment. In no way does this step on your rights, and honestly the people that are offended by it are stepping on the rights of the devs who created this fantasy character that isn't reflecting this world at all.

If you drew a picture of an apple in your spare time I wouldn't come and complain to you about it because I hate apples. If you made a game about apples I wouldn't get overly offended, and while this isn't a direct comparison the idea still remains. You people need to get over yourselves, and honestly get off the developers backs about their own content. If there is something you could do better then give an opinion, but don't start complaining about how stuff isn't fair, and you think this character concept should work a different way. If that is the way you feel then by all means "this game isn't for everyone.". It was stated in the very beginning, and it needs to remain this way.

If enough people complain about their issues and convince developers to feel guilty about an idea, or choice they made it's only a matter of time before the rest of the game starts being picked apart by you vultures. If you don't like what is presented or available then it's probably best if you let the door hit you on the way out. Go ruin another game like so many toxic communities have already. Those games are still available to you. Either that or please respect the people that are making this game in their vision.

Edited by primordialzombie

“The difference between the quest for the Holy Grail and someone saying ‘bring me a cup’ is the flavor text and the number of stops involved.”
― Bryan Fields