Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Unfolded

Fun vs 5/6 new players

funny.

a.k.a. basic weapon group vs rallying banner emergency heal [that triggers at, and heal based om, % life with inflated +75% hp pools. plus stacking mitigations for almost-always-blocking levels of mitigation]

and most of their 4 melee couldn't hit you due to "too close" bug :)

nice to see that fire traps are working again to actually knock up (a physics power? oh my how rare!)

if you had dagger spin loaded out you would of been able to do far more AoE damage :)

Edited by Tinnis

6 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

funny.

a.k.a. basic weapon group vs rallying banner emergency heal [that triggers and heal % life with inflated +75% hp pools. plus stacking mitigations for almost-always-blocking levels of mitigation]

nice to see that fire traps are working again to actually knock up (a physics power? oh my how rare!)

if you had dagger spin loaded out you would of been able to do far more AoE damage :)

Very true! I found out that the Druid was streaming and those guys were his friends. I helped them out for a good 15 minutes, explaining how to get adv weapons and where to start. :)

The traps still only knock up 30% of the time. Honestly, I've never read the tooltip for them, so it may be a trigger lmao... you're going to make me go in the game and look for it :(

With the Cross Slash nerf to Ranger, I will probably load Dagger Spin more. I was testing it out a bunch last night. 

14 minutes ago, Unfolded said:

Very true! I found out that the Druid was streaming and those guys were his friends. I helped them out for a good 15 minutes, explaining how to get adv weapons and where to start. :)

The traps still only knock up 30% of the time. Honestly, I've never read the tooltip for them, so it may be a trigger lmao... you're going to make me go in the game and look for it :(

With the Cross Slash nerf to Ranger, I will probably load Dagger Spin more. I was testing it out a bunch last night. 

the traps are just...wonky. [and the knockup can vary by tray e.g. the melee range or throw version]

p.s. cross slash has actually had a *huge* undocumented buff/change...if you are running with expose in your build or with a duelist buddy...

(it can apply a counterattack effect - like the duelist can vs targets actively using powers when under expose debuff)

Edited by Tinnis

2 hours ago, Unfolded said:

Coolwaters isn't a noob, BUT HE GOT OWNED LIKE ONE!

jk

You play a nasty ranger Unfolded. Good fight. More like a 1 v 1 (v 2) v 5 from what I saw.

I happened on the scrum when there was just you and one dude left, both red to me. I killed the other guy first. Clearly I should have target you before the basic weapon noobs.

Standard bearer is so broken I'm fairly sure I can't kill you if you just stand there and let me empty my essence bar into you. And those left clicks. Ouch. Especially against a toon that just doesn't have a single self-heal option. We don't even get the option to slot Standard Bearer's insane heal, despite doing maybe half of the damage of a left clicking Ranger.

Edited by coolwaters

1 hour ago, coolwaters said:

You play a nasty ranger Unfolded. Good fight. More like a 1 v 1 (v 2) v 5 from what I saw.

I happened on the scrum when there was just you and one dude left, both red to me. I killed the other guy first. Clearly I should have target you before the basic weapon noobs.

Standard bearer is so broken I'm fairly sure I can't kill you if you just stand there and let me empty my essence bar into you. And those left clicks. Ouch. Especially against a toon that just doesn't have a single self-heal option. We don't even get the option to slot Standard Bearer's insane heal, despite doing maybe half of the damage of a left clicking Ranger.

I don't think SB is necessarily broken, it just got to some silly levels when hp pools got artificially boosted since it's a % based heal. Champ's UW seems to be the same, I believe. 

18 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

I don't think SB is necessarily broken, it just got to some silly levels when hp pools got artificially boosted since it's a % based heal. Champ's UW seems to be the same, I believe. 

A lot of it is the base level training and slag weapons for sure. But right now that's all we have and most classes just don't do enough damage to cut through that self healing. 

18 hours ago, Rikutatis said:

You're right. Champ heal is in the same boat since it was % based. 

If/when hitpoint pools are reduced to previous values both standard beared and the champion heal will be fine. Right now they're both a bit much - side effects to the HP increase that ACE didn't account for.

23 hours ago, Tinnis said:

I think this was the most frustrating thing about the whole ordeal. 

GG, i guess... I'm in disbelief you can 1v5, regardless of skill level/time invested in any game.

46 minutes ago, brandomarlin said:

GG, i guess... I'm in disbelief you can 1v5, regardless of skill level/time invested in any game.

It's just a few broken mechanics that will be addressed. Standard Bearer + Runecaster + the new HP doubling + no training + slag low dps (save Rangers!) = fairly broken on occasion.

1 hour ago, coolwaters said:

It's just a few broken mechanics that will be addressed. Standard Bearer + Runecaster + the new HP doubling + no training + slag low dps (save Rangers!) = fairly broken on occasion.

the other things have issues for sure: but the 5v1 is entirely down to them being 4 melee in 5.2.2 and you can easily see in the clip them piling on him and not being aware of the "too close in melee and you miss" bug.

[with the other member being a basic stuff druid without scim stormcaller...which is a unsustainable noodle slap either way]

Edited by Tinnis

Neat.

I know alot of people are going to say "PEH! you only did that because of broken builds, bugs, and better gear"  I mean.  I don't get of pointing out if people have good builds or good gear. Not like they can't do the same really.  And you can't really control bugs.

That said I think you played a solid game.  Played around your cooldowns, when things got hairy you moved to a new position.

I mean they realistically could of annihilated you if they had the proper gear and build. I mean... get you low, then have the templar in a execute build, blow you up with NA being put on them.  I mean you can mitigate like crazy but a templar hitting back to back 2k executes will burst you down :P

I'm 2days into the game there's a lot I don't know about it and thanks Unfolded for the help getting me out of basic stuff we were all in slag gear. I wish there were more Balance people on to hard getting info ingame most people I see are chaos. 

42 minutes ago, SirGeorge said:

Neat.

I know alot of people are going to say "PEH! you only did that because of broken builds, bugs, and better gear"  I mean.  I don't get of pointing out if people have good builds or good gear. Not like they can't do the same really.  And you can't really control bugs.

That said I think you played a solid game.  Played around your cooldowns, when things got hairy you moved to a new position.

I mean they realistically could of annihilated you if they had the proper gear and build. I mean... get you low, then have the templar in a execute build, blow you up with NA being put on them.  I mean you can mitigate like crazy but a templar hitting back to back 2k executes will burst you down :P

There is a flaw in your mentality, I cannot be hit for 2k :)

1 hour ago, ByakkoBifrost said:

I'm 2days into the game there's a lot I don't know about it and thanks Unfolded for the help getting me out of basic stuff we were all in slag gear. I wish there were more Balance people on to hard getting info ingame most people I see are chaos. 

It really just depends on what guild has their crap together that day to be honest

Edited by PanzerUDL

n0MnLtK.png?2

www.undeadlords.com                                       Crowfall Recruitment