Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Pre-Alpha 5 Live! - Official Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Is there a reason why this thread shows as being posted 18 hours ago, yet it only just showed up about an hour ago? This seems to be happening with all of the info-drop threads and I sometimes don't realize there is a new info-drop because the post may not be the most recent one in the dev tracker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Is there a reason why this thread shows as being posted 18 hours ago, yet it only just showed up about an hour ago? This seems to be happening with all of the info-drop threads and I sometimes don't realize there is a new info-drop because the post may not be the most recent one in the dev tracker.

Yes, because they create the post ahead of time so that it will be ready to go when it is time to share the post. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good stream guys! Thank-you for the info and answers!

I only had one question I'd prepared that didn't get ask/answered, posting it below:

Q: The game currently contains reference to both Nature and Earth damage types, but there appears to be only one of these in actuality. Debuffs to one do not affect resistances of the other...can this be cleared up/fixed? Thank-you!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think I like all RMBs being normalized to 10m. I could see a nerf to dashes and teleports from 18 to 15m or something like that, but the whole point of gap closers and pulls like Knight's chain pull and myrm's net throw is for melees to be able to catch ranged characters. Right now both of those powers are pretty buggy and malfunctioning and myrm is borderline unviable due to PCM issues, but once everything is working properly it should have worked pretty well. 

Also you guys said that you made ranged targetting more forgiving because of player feedback and complaints, but I don't think testers were complaining because of hard to aim ranged abilities. Rather, the complaints were about the changes you made to when the target was being grabbed, and how awkward it felt for channeled and charged powers (and to a lesser extent powers with longer animations). It was the first time people were playing with this new system and they were missing because they were expecting for the target to be grabbed when they released the power, not when they first started aiming it. The current extra large hurt/hit boxes weren't needed IMO. 

I suppose in the end everything will balance out, since it's super easy to hit ranged abilities now, but ranged characters won't be able to cover as much distance anymore, but I think the previous system (longer dashes and harder to hit ranged abiltiies) is more interesting from a gameplay perspective. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rikutatis said:

I don't think I like all RMBs being normalized to 10m. I could see a nerf to dashes and teleports from 18 to 15m or something like that, but the whole point of gap closers and pulls like Knight's chain pull and myrm's net throw is for melees to be able to catch ranged characters. Right now both of those powers are pretty buggy and malfunctioning and myrm is borderline unviable due to PCM issues, but once everything is working properly it should have worked pretty well. 

Also you guys said that you made ranged targetting more forgiving because of player feedback and complaints, but I don't think testers were complaining because of hard to aim ranged abilities. Rather, the complaints were about the changes you made to when the target was being grabbed, and how awkward it felt for channeled and charged powers (and to a lesser extent powers with longer animations). It was the first time people were playing with this new system and they were missing because they were expecting for the target to be grabbed when they released the power, not when they first started aiming it. The current extra large hurt/hit boxes weren't needed IMO. 

I suppose in the end everything will balance out, since it's super easy to hit ranged abilities now, but ranged characters won't be able to cover as much distance anymore, but I think the previous system (longer dashes and harder to hit ranged abiltiies) is more interesting from a gameplay perspective. 

I agree with all of this.

The "normalization" of the RMB is an unnecessary nerf and more "blandization" of the races.

Keep the races with substantial differences in RMB. This will also cause serious balance issues for a few classes with limited race options.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I simply think some races should be far more mobile than others, with commiserate weaknesses and strengths for all of the races that differentiate them meaningfully.

I do not think having the same net distance on RMB, simply tied to more clicks, accomplishes that goal of racial diversity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with pre-scheduling the thread is that I mainly check the devtracker instead of the forums to see if there's anything new, and it will frequently appear before other dev posts I've already seen, so I'll miss it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coolwaters said:

I simply think some races should be far more mobile than others, with commiserate weaknesses and strengths for all of the races that differentiate them meaningfully.

I do not think having the same net distance on RMB, simply tied to more clicks, accomplishes that goal of racial diversity.

I agree with this.

Different races move at different speeds.

Different races have different passives some of which improve movement speed (pathfinder). 

So why do dodge distances have to be normalized? 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally able to watch it all myself. My thoughts / feedback:

  • TY for simplifying and maintaining ranged distance training.
  • Fort walls, assuming they keep players out now, need more hit-points
  • The TP to beachhead mechanic when logging off in or near a fort may be overly punishing for disconnects and may be free fast travel on live.
  • Why is base Staff PCM .5 and base Scimitar PCM .75? (aka why do you hate Death Druids? :p)
  • Shield Breaker passive does not generate resource on damage to barriers.
  • Please add an Ambidexterity rune of some sort.
  • Normalizing RMB I don't like, however, IF the dodge pips regen for the softer classes (Race-class really) that clearly are intended to be more mobile is substantially better than the heavy melee types then it might work well and maintain Racial diversity.
  • Love that expose opens block to CC. Needed addition.

Nice stream fellas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was frankly shocked to see they would be normalizing dodges, and to 10m no less. It goes against everything they've said repeatedly about 'not everything will be balanced or equal' and promoting diversity. Where did this idea come from? It makes zero sense in the context of everything else they are doing. I don't get it.

The only thing I can think of is that they are having trouble balancing the various permutations of Racial Dodge and Allowed Classes, as compared to ATs where it is much easier. Making them all the same range is an easy, and dare I say, craven way of solving that 'problem', assuming it is the reason.

I hope they reconsider this. If not, it seems to be the latest in a disturbing series of design decisions that no-one asked for, there is no reason for and are overwhelmingly negatively received. I mean, ACE can design things how they like, but we're the ones who are going to have to play the thing, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, coolwaters said:

Please add an Ambidexterity rune of some sort.

Since quite a few classes (maybe all) are going to be able to hold 2 weapons, what option/s do you see for this rune?  Personally I would like it to be a PCM modifier, or damage modifier for holding 2 weapons with this rune.

lUvvzPy.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Teufel said:

Since quite a few classes (maybe all) are going to be able to hold 2 weapons, what option/s do you see for this rune?  Personally I would like it to be a PCM modifier, or damage modifier for holding 2 weapons with this rune.

I need more information as to what that will look like. Can Fessor use a book and a focus? Can Druid use 2 Scimitars?

If not, this rune would be a nice major. Yes, add some abilities to the disc as well, but I'd like that diversity as an option.

Edited by coolwaters
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

I need more information as to what that will look like. Can Fessor use a book and a focus? Can Druid use 2 Scimitars?

If not, this rune would be a nice major. Yes, add some abilities to the disc as well, but I'd like that diversity as an option.

With how I understood the duel weapons working, there would be no benefit to having 2 scimitars; a scimitar/mace yes, but not 2 of the same.  Unlike Shadowbane where your duel daggers actually promoted a higher attack and higher overall damage, currently the only benefit I see from having duel weapons is opening up the ability to use powers from a different weapon line.

That's why I suggested the damage modifier; if someone use matching weapons, then it would give them straight AP or damage, while differing weapons open up horizontal benefits.

I think the better option for druids would be to introduce a 1 handed staff (a club if you will) that would pair with a scimitar; thus allowing a few staff only skills to be used as a death druid.  We don't know how the druid tree will look with the revamp, but currently the scimitar gets no benefits from druid training (it's all staff).  If a 1h staff were to be added, it would have to be balanced to be worse as a stand alone option, but still viable as a paired option; that's another good reason to take a ambidexterity rune, it lowers the negatives along with giving positives.  Plus a 1h staff would be able to have the skill bonuses apply to it, and thereby apply to the duel wielding of scimitar/1h staff.

lUvvzPy.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Anthrage said:

I was frankly shocked to see they would be normalizing dodges, and to 10m no less. It goes against everything they've said repeatedly about 'not everything will be balanced or equal' and promoting diversity. Where did this idea come from? It makes zero sense in the context of everything else they are doing. I don't get it.

The only thing I can think of is that they are having trouble balancing the various permutations of Racial Dodge and Allowed Classes, as compared to ATs where it is much easier. Making them all the same range is an easy, and dare I say, craven way of solving that 'problem', assuming it is the reason.

I hope they reconsider this. If not, it seems to be the latest in a disturbing series of design decisions that no-one asked for, there is no reason for and are overwhelmingly negatively received. I mean, ACE can design things how they like, but we're the ones who are going to have to play the thing, right?

Not necessarily.

I've sunk more money than this into something that I left 4ever.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...