Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mox

Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire

Long story short Guild wars 2 second expansion path of fire will be out 22nd of September 2017. Everyone who's own a guild wars 2 account or registering new account going have an opportunity to join path of fire during 11th of august up to 13rd of august with no cost at the first map zone. then second map zone will come after it.

A time for people to get back to Guild Wars 2 and pay attention. Maybe it's not cup of your tea, but it's worth while give it a try.

A reddit post caught some people interests

AJS

That's all I am going leave it as it's.

Considering the base game is totally free 2 play at $0 that you can reach max level without taking the fun out of the game.

Two standard edition expansion for $50 which you will enjoy the content over time. (there's raids since AJS outdated by now.)

If you're interested to play it again that's good.

If you're not interested that's a shame to ignore such a game that's been going well over almost 5 years.

So what you're waiting for?

Check guild wars 2 now. If you haven't played the game yet!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/ home page

https://account.arena.net/register?alt=gw2 register

https://account.arena.net/welcome download.

Cheers :D 

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

The expansion looks tempting but it is probably more like a semi major content patch than a real expansion.

I think they had to rush it out because their revenue for the game is lower than it has ever been. 

GW2 had a run, they should make GW3 now though and go back to the GW1 roots. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

4 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

The expansion looks tempting but it is probably more like a semi major content patch than a real expansion.

I think they had to rush it out because their revenue for the game is lower than it has ever been. 

As if ever something good came out of making something a trilogy -. well joking....

Not sure what to think about it. I mean it will probably make fun for a few hours but long term.... not really sure. Elite Specs didn't really came out as I thought they would. Other than that... mounts... could be a thing but I also see some great limitations which could suck at one point - don't have to but there is a chance. Gliding was a nice addition in HoT - hopefully mounts can carry the torch. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

GW2 is decent for exploration, some story elements (though some of it is pretty cringey), and solo/duo/small group content.  I am relatively certain this will hold true for the newest expansion.    

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

On 2017-08-08 at 7:10 AM, VIKINGNAIL said:

Gw1 had great team based pvp, but now you've got an arms length list of games that do similar things and in some instances even better. I'm not sure there is room for a gw3 within the current landscape of MMOs.

Edited by izkimar

Its a good expansion for what GW2 is today, which is a part-timer's themepark game with decent raids that just lets you play the content patches without grinding for gear, then go do something else until the next content patch.

This franchise, going back to the first game, is the only themepark I've managed to grow attached to long term mostly because of the grind it cuts out of the game, and the fact that they're purpose built to let me play only occasionally, quit when i get bored, and come back when new pve contant is released without feeling penalized by the lack of interest in grinding the same poorly made socks for months.

The new mounts are fun, the mechanics of the griffon especially are a joy to use, the story was weak but the exploration and new zones were enjoyable, and overall its more of the same long term GW2 model they settled in to after HoT.

If you like a game where you can get through the content patches and have a few weeks of fun per expansion and maybe a weekend of fun per patch, and aren't really required to grind anything to access the full breadth of content its still a fun game. If you like long term gear grinds or stat-based advancement its probably not for you.

Worth the 40 bucks for the included content + the next season of living story content and raids if you already like the game. Its more of the same without custard with the fomula of easy access with a few more challenging optional encounters/achievements. Not worth it if you were looking for some major transformation of GW2.

Also don't ever play GW2 for PvP. PvP has always sucked in that game. Show up for the themepark content and leave when you get bored of the current patch and you'll get the more value for your money as most single player games since the "season pass" content in terms of new zones, raids, and "fractals" (GW2's randomized dungeon system) is free for the price of the expansion.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 9/4/2017 at 7:42 PM, izkimar said:

Gw1 had great team based pvp, but now you've got an arms length list of games that do similar things and in some instances even better. I'm not sure there is room for a gw3 within the current landscape of MMOs.

There doesn't seem to be that much room for a gw2?  So they should make a better game so they can make more money? 

5 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

There doesn't seem to be that much room for a gw2?  So they should make a better game so they can make more money? 

There is plenty of room for a gw2, it fills that casual mmorpg slot, and it's doing great. The question is what demand or need would a gw3 fill in this current MMO environment?

GW1 was a great game for it's day, but when it was released there wasn't really anything like it. It was the destiny of that time; an instanced lobby game that was disguised to be a mmorpg. In fact, they didn't even call it an mmorpg, they called it a cooperate online rpg (or CORPG) for short. When it came to pvp meta game complexity nothing even came close, and even today nothing really does. There was a toll to be paid tho with having 1000+ abilities and massive build diversity tho, the pvp meta game was a complete unbalanced mess, and it only got worse with every expansion it released. In comparison, gw2 with it's limited action bars and smaller ability pools is significantly more balanced.

Today's MMO climate is totally different from back then. GW1 was new and original, but there are plenty of games now that do similar things. What would a gw3 even look like? What niche would it fill? Is there even a demand for a gw3? I doubt we'll see gw3 any time soon, if ever.

5 minutes ago, Helix said:

There is plenty of room for a gw2, it fills that casual mmorpg slot, and it's doing great.

This. It's literally the only themepark I have any interest in, and despite my repeated complaining about it, its community literally BEGS to be nickel and dimed for poorly made socks in its cash shop.

It didn't meet projections with the last expansion, mostly due to the amount of engineering work that went in to core systems that didn't really result in that much overall content for its price point, but that expansion was also the beginning of a wholesale restrucuring of its dev teams to something reasonable and workable within its means. PoF is the result of years of repeated mismanagement under Colin being finally turned around after he "resigned" and Mike O'Brien took over as lead and pushed the game back in to the core principles that its niche audience wanted out of the game. That niche is, by and large, casual PvE players that like to spend money on cosmetic microtransactions with a smaller but significant subset of raiders and pvpers that like the combat system.

PoF IS however a typical Arenanet over-adjustment in its open world content, as player's biggest complain with the last expansion was that all the open world content revolved around scheduled mapwide meta-events. In PoF there are none of those, the maps don't contain any good farms, and the most active parts of that community are quickly discovering that they actually had come to rely on those kinds of "annoying" elements for replayability. I fully expect the ongoing content for this expansion cycle to be loaded with mapwide HoT style meta-events to compensate and keep those players engaged.

Those players are GW2's bread and butter, and the vast majority of its content is targeted directly at them. Its offering that audience something at a good price point with regular updates and high production value that nobody else really is. Its expansion model is also purposely poised to keep pulling in money from people like me, who only play it occasionally because its a game that actually allows you to play it occasionally without falling behind the more zealous players that put 4 hours a day in to it. I don't really think its in any danger of failing.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

26 minutes ago, Helix said:

There is plenty of room for a gw2, it fills that casual mmorpg slot, and it's doing great. The question is what demand or need would a gw3 fill in this current MMO environment?

GW1 was a great game for it's day, but when it was released there wasn't really anything like it. It was the destiny of that time; an instanced lobby game that was disguised to be a mmorpg. In fact, they didn't even call it an mmorpg, they called it a cooperate online rpg (or CORPG) for short. When it came to pvp meta game complexity nothing even came close, and even today nothing really does. There was a toll to be paid tho with having 1000+ abilities and massive build diversity tho, the pvp meta game was a complete unbalanced mess, and it only got worse with every expansion it released. In comparison, gw2 with it's limited action bars and smaller ability pools is significantly more balanced.

Today's MMO climate is totally different from back then. GW1 was new and original, but there are plenty of games now that do similar things. What would a gw3 even look like? What niche would it fill? Is there even a demand for a gw3? I doubt we'll see gw3 any time soon, if ever.

It isn't doing great though.  The revenue has been awful for a long time, it can get propped up slightly for a quarter with the new "expansion" but it quickly goes back down. 

GW3 would look like Ashes of Creation.