Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Fae! - Official Discussion Thread

Very nice! About this:

"Gliding is a form of Slow Fall, allowing them to slowly fall from heights without taking damage."

How will this work exactly? Could one fall from any height and take zero damage? Is it effectively immunity to fall damage, or are there limits, perhaps tied to stamina etc.

Could make for some interesting gameplay. Very cool stuff!

Our winged overlords finally appear! 

Love the class combos with fae,  can't wait to see what a little stealth and elevation can do. selene-s-jump-o.gif

Edited by slyph
Spelling is hard with auto correct...

Nice to meet you Fae; now how about some of those awesome looking male hoods as an option for all genders/classes. :D

Testing the glide is going to be fun; I hope that you will be able to move with the terrain as you slowly glide down, and not just drop like a rock taking no fall damage.  Flight was not OP in Shadowbane, but it was powerful.  Glide needs to be able to enter into forts/keeps by getting there from the top of a tall mountain and gliding in.

Will we be able to cast/attack while in glide mode?

lUvvzPy.png

Cool!

Hah....I know this pose and look well.... ;p

mWFbBip.png

I wonder about the practical uses for the double jump we have seen on both the Fae and the Guinacean. [scaling objects, in combat juking or mobility etc]

Will it just be a single "long/high" jump - or do we tap twice with the capacity to change our direction in mid air?

I would also really like to see an example of the gliding in action too

Can the RMB dash go through targets?

As above, make it feel like Overwatch Mercy and we are golden :P

Will the Fae faerie fire debuff be ranged or melee and will it "stack" with the druid's faerie fire effect?

How will the stealth speed increase bloodline compare or stack with to say a trailblazer speed increase or song of speed / friar speed passive effect

Are you able to stealth AND glide at the same time?

p.s. When will we hear about the frostweaver's design?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

Cool!

Hah....I know this pose and look well.... ;p

mWFbBip.png

I wonder about the practical uses for the double jump we have seen on both the Fae and the Guinacean. [scaling objects, in combat juking or mobility etc]

Will it just be a single "long/high" jump - or do we tap twice with the capacity to change our direction in mid air?

I would also really like to see an example of the gliding in action too

Can the RMB dash go through targets?

As above, make it feel like Overwatch Mercy and we are golden :P

Will the Fae faerie fire debuff be ranged or melee and will it "stack" with the druid's faerie fire effect?

How will the stealth speed increase bloodline compare or stack with to say a trailblazer speed increase or song of speed / friar speed passive effect

Are you able to stealth AND glide at the same time?

p.s. When will we hear about the frostweaver's design?

I hope it brings back the pure fun that the unintended Fessor Jump Scoot created. Imbalancing at the time? Ya, maybe. Fun as poorly made socks? Absolutely. I'd spend hours just seeing what places I could get to with it, jumping over duels or even full scrims when I was watching. The creativity it allowed was amazing.

Hoping this brings some of that feel back, with counterbalance considerations.

The fae looks much more beautiful than it did a few months ago. With the race/class split up I'm unsure if I'm going to pick them but I'll definitely give them a try. I'm interested to see how the male fae looks. He looked more gritty and less shiny in the artwork so I wonder if he too is going to shine.

Edited by Holyvigil