Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Meet the Fae! - Official Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Orleans said:

The fae art looks really nice! 

Out of curiosity, how much work would it be to allow the color of the wings to be skinnable? 

^This is the fix for VIP vs Non-VIP. Make it so VIP people can change the color skins of all their gear. Non-VIP will only be able to use the default colored skins.

This will push so many people to VIP immediately.

6 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Was expecting the kind of reveal where the powers are explained and stuff... Kinda dissapointed since there is nothing new here...

This is a race info update. Remember Race and Class are separate now.

and yeah as blazzen just posted above if you meant Assassin then yeah there's already been an update for that.

1 hour ago, dwarfurious said:

Oh look custard winged elves. At least with almost every other race out of the way we can FINALLY get some custard stoneborn news after all these years.

custard winged elves are the best elves. 

Edited by Orleans

Free Ginko.

On 8/17/2017 at 3:48 PM, Tinnis said:

heres the latest racial tally...and cleaned up. two to go! (i know human is old: i dont care. and i think +30 str is dumb and it was missing powers)

7yRjaky.png

Human seems to be too good to be true.

An extra power and passive slot? That's not an easy to pass up advantage. I can name a few classes that would benefit greatly from that to the point of rendering alternatives almost pointless. Basically means you get a free ex-mind rune, and that 4th passive slot you can equip another ex-mind while keeping your necessary other passives (if I'm reading this right).

Edited by Helix

Awesome ! I was intensely wondering which class i gonna dedicate in, then disciplines, now race !

They all sound so great and diversified...

I can't make up my mind, I want play them all, and I love that !

Keep up the good work ;)

As a big lover of the 'half-elf', Aelfborn from Shadowbane, I am really looking forward to and curious about what we will get for that race...I suppose the easiest and most literally possibility would be something which was a combination of the powers theme of Humans and Elves. Humans have an ability that increases their damage but also increases their respource cost, while High-Elves have one which essentially increases the resource-costs for enemies...maybe something resource-related?

Either way, I hope it is soon. I have choices to make and lots of work to do based on those choices! :)

Edited by Anthrage

1 hour ago, Anthrage said:

As a big lover of the 'half-elf', Aelfborn from Shadowbane, I am really looking forward to and curious about what we will get for that race...I suppose the easiest and most literally possibility would be something which was a combination of the powers theme of Humans and Elves. Humans have an ability that increases their damage but also increases their respource cost, while High-Elves have one which essentially increases the resource-costs for enemies...maybe something resource-related?

Either way, I hope it is soon. I have choices to make and lots of work to do based on those choices! :)

And assuming the half-elf gets either +1 passive or +1 power. I'm not too sure which I would pick it to have. Passive probably? :P

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

7 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Yeah I was thinking that as well, and I would probably take the Passive - can get another power another way. :)

I think they also teased a generic minor or other stone for an extra passive though too :)

6 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Yes, and a good thing too as sadly I think for we Druids, 4 passive slots may be mandatory to be properly effective.

Unless they do the thing they hinted where you can slot passives for each tray e.g. life/death... :P

Edited by Tinnis

1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

Unless they do the thing they hinted where you can slot passives for each tray e.g. life/death... :P

Well that would address the Uniform/Matching problem - and I think that it is a definite planned feature - but the problem is that druids kind of have to slot some form of resource management-related Passive, at least until they've done a good amount of related Skill training and/or have some good PCM gear. I am looking forward to experimenting with 4 Passives though, especially once you throw the 'free' racials into the mix.

On 8/17/2017 at 3:48 PM, Tinnis said:

heres the latest racial tally...and cleaned up. two to go! (i know human is old: i dont care. and i think +30 str is dumb and it was missing powers)

7yRjaky.png

So..maybe this was answered elsewhere, but I haven't been keeping up and don't really have time to do so now.

I see that the bloodline passives are listed as disciplines here, but do those racial bonuses actually require that you craft and slot the discipline like the rest, or is the racial inherent to any vessel you craft just for being that race?

I assume the powers granted by the bloodline still have to be slotted in their appropriate power bars to actually be used, but this detail I'm a bit less clear on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

14 minutes ago, goose said:

So..maybe this was answered elsewhere, but I haven't been keeping up and don't really have time to do so now.

I see that the bloodline passives are listed as disciplines here, but do those racial bonuses actually require that you craft and slot the discipline like the rest, or is the racial inherent to any vessel you craft just for being that race?

I assume the powers granted by the bloodline still have to be slotted in their appropriate power bars to actually be used, but this detail I'm a bit less clear on.

Hey Goose. You are correct, the racials will be  inherent to any vessel you craft just for being that race. This was stated for confirmation in a recent live stream.