Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hilgodestroyer

Reaper Class? Undead/Skeleton race? Possible game mode?

Well, I just wanted to put some ideas out there. People are welcome to bash/improve on my idea.

Class Reaper- Could use dark magic while carrying a scythe. Gives you the option for dps/support by range or maybe dps/tank for melee. The skill tree could split to allow better use with it. So maybe you could learn some dark magic spell that once you kill someone, you can convert the last 5 secs of damage to that body into a your characters health or an ally's health. Possible dual wielding scythes/ one handed big ones to cast magic with the other/ or just a two hand one to tank with. Basic image of this would be something like a Grim Reaper or Executioner. They could be weaker during first 3 seasons, but once Winter comes around they get brutally stronger.

Race Undead/Skeleton- Well, I figure an Undead/Skeleton race is always cool looking. Like Skeletar or whatever from He Man. Basically this falls in place with the Grim Reaper image of the reapers. Possibly could be used for some kinda long winter game mode, where if you die in the winter, instead of reviving your normal character you can instead choose to make an Undead/Skeleton character. Possible classes could be ranger. knight, "reaper". Just the army of the dead. 

Living vs Dead game mode- Well, if Skeleton warriors were to come into play, there could be a brutal game mode of living vs dead. If the living can destroy maybe a specific point, possibly a gravestone of the specified leader of the dead. But the living would get weaker in areas controlled by dead people, and if you died in an area controlled by the dead, you would be turned undead(unless maybe a cleric or something was around to neglect the effect). But the main point of the game mode would be for the dead to win, they would have to either convert everyone to dead or controll the map. For the living to win they would either have to control most of the map or destroy the Gravestone or point of interest that the dead get the power to convert people to there side. In the end it could end up being winning scenarios such as.

1. Dead somehow have converted everyone to there side.(When first starting this game, you will be auto directed equally to equal out teams. So say you join, you would be forced either on living or dead side) With or without controlling most of the map. (So you can't just win by thinking you can mass control everything, while getting killed. Living have to at least be alive holding everything to be considered winners)

2. Living control most of the map, with the dead not having converted to many people/ with or without destroying the gravestone.

3. Dead controlling most of the map, even with the humans destroying the Gravestone, but with or without converting everyone.

4. A Tie would result in the Dead winning. So if equal amounts of the map are owned. Humans don't have the gravestone destroyed, but dead are unable to convert people easily, and everyone is keeping everyone at bay. Dead will win by Winter end if living can't take a fort or something.

Just an idea. Though it would be a pain to actually figure it out. I think it could also be interesting if balance in the regular campaign, say you were part of order or chaos, but  your team just can't beat the other team. So once winter comes around, and you die. You have a choice to continue with your old character, who is getting his/her but beat. Or you could join the balance side, as a undead warrior. To prevent Chaos or Order from winning, by joining up with the balance team. Which imo might end up being a deciding factor anyway whether Order and Balance need to team with against a strong Chaos. The only thing would be you would get less rewards for winning as an undead this way. Just to stray people away from doing this all the time.

Tell me what you guys/girls think.

Well in terms of undeads and taking the hunger into account - the frostweaver as they are now are the closest you can get right now (also with their chain-sickle, etc.).

Also I'm not sure if and undead class would fit in thematically. I mean technically we are already playing as zombies (more or less as the vessel system and necromancy are pretty much an interpretation of frankenstein's work - take an arm here, and a leg there, etc.). So playing as a real undead would mean you posses the vessel as raw spirit with no inherited features mainly your archetype. I'm not sure how to tie this into the current setting right now. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Im a Zombie!

I have been waiting on the frost weaver before i ask for more "shade" race classes. But, LEts get the base game out before we worry about what they should add later.

I was just thinking about a Necromancer class. but the con of the class is the more it's played the faster it becomes 'corrupted by hunger'. Once fully corrupted, it become an NPC, thus losing the vessel.

I really want a class that uses a scythe and can summon the dead, be it beast and/or humanoid. I love melee and ranged, depending on combat tray. Maybe this class could counter another class or discipline. Would be neat to have a major discipline specifically that allows the Necro to summon a player's vessel for a limited time (30 - 90s).  Maybe the Necro could be the only class that can rez players. To balance this, the rez can only happen once per 20 hours and advances the hunger corruption.

Maybe they'd get a bonus to the crafting of Necromancy as well though this could pigeon hole players into said class.

As far as lore, they could be the keepers or container for YAGA. YAGA uses them to capture the memories of the dead, then consumes them.

Summary:

• Necro class that wields a Scythe.
  • Can be Ranged or Melee depending on combat tray.
    • Ranged - 80% support and 20% damage
    • Melee - 80% damage and 20% support
  • As the class is used the vessel becomes corrupted by the hunger.
  • Can resurrect 1 (maybe aoe up to 5) player every 20 hours but increases the corruption.
  • Class can summon dead beast or humanoid.
  • Major Discipline that allows the class to summon a players vessel for a limited duration.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty