Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seventhbeacon

The Lantern Watch (Welcome Home)

I can't wait to see how the EK will affect the campaigns.

Seventh, do you forsee Lantern Watch mostly focused on the Dregs? It seems like a large guild like this would have a lot of success in The Shadow. Although, to be fair, I'm not sure we really know enough about how any of the rulesets will work to make those types of decisions.

I think the Shadow was the early popular choice of the guild, though Dregs will be more competitive and have the best potential rewards.  It'll also require groups to really learn how to fight and mitigate friendly fire.  It's probably too early to tell.  One factor will be population caps on servers by faction, which is something the Devs just mentioned on the Kickstarter website in the comments section.  I imagine we'll have 1-2 main campaigns, and possibly an additional backup one, depending on schedules, time zones, etc.

If the game were to launch tomorrow, with all four rulesets available, the Dregs would be where you'll find us based on what we know so far.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

With KS coming to an end soon for the ACE team, I thought you might like to see Gordon sharing some of his lessens from this KS pursuit.  This was taped here in Austin during our recent South by Southwest (SXSW) convention, so it is ~ a week old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxmZoWow80

I espeically liked what Gordon said at 32 minutes in when someone asked how do you balance your original vision vs. what backers are asking the game to become.

I look forward to your observations from the video.

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

What makes you think that the Dregs will have better rewards from the guild perspective? Won't the take-home end up being less if there is only a single winner's - or small groups's - embargo rather than the entire guild's?

Again, I guess we don't know what the victory condition in Dregs would be, but I would think that the Shadow would offer more to a guild and Dregs would offer the most to individuals.

Maybe I've missed something about embargoes and campaign rewards.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

What makes you think that the Dregs will have better rewards from the guild perspective? Won't the take-home end up being less if there is only a single winner's - or small groups's - embargo rather than the entire guild's?

Again, I guess we don't know what the victory condition in Dregs would be, but I would think that the Shadow would offer more to a guild and Dregs would offer the most to individuals.

Maybe I've missed something about embargoes and campaign rewards.

From what we've been able to gather about the Dregs, it is Free for All in terms of combat rules, but still group based.  This just allows characters the chance to "betray" their team if they're infiltrating, or hurts the guilds that try to zerg sloppily and end up doing more damage to themselves.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

So often I see something I love in this thread and want to hit the like button.  Sadly, none in the guild section, so +1.  Way I see it, there's no reason you can't PvP hardcore AND have some inspirational backstory flavor to spur the troops onward!

Other potential theme songs, plus some MMO meme silliness, can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfNSy8pwPWkYOFqne8BOb2w0UO-fUxeXp

My heart is ready to burn through the bitter cold of the Dregs, to be a beacon of will, of life, a lantern for the lost.

This is a terrible song for this, so I'm sorry in advance, but I couldn't resist: https://youtu.be/K1b8AhIsSYQ

Love the song anyway, though, because 80s.

Chuckled, +1 

edit: For some reason, last night i read your name as seventhbacon. I re-read it now and laughed at myself. I swear the whole beacon of will wasn't related to your name. ©2015

Edited by Navtyr

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

With KS coming to an end soon for the ACE team, I thought you might like to see Gordon sharing some of his lessens from this KS pursuit.  This was taped here in Austin during our recent South by Southwest (SXSW) convention, so it is ~ a week old.

I espeically liked what Gordon said at 32 minutes in when someone asked how do you balance your original vision vs. what backers are asking the game to become.

As someone who's done both successful and unsuccessful Kickstarters before, there was absolutely nothing new in that video for me.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

I think the relation that I like the most between crowfall and game of thrones is the phrase: winter is comming, since we Will focus on getting materials to survive trough the winter ahah

When winter aproaches everyone Will be Making reference to that phrase eheh.

Ps: i see You found your main weapon for crowfall ellie , those sharped shows Will destroy every enimie with one hit and a fancy finisher

Edited by Stedefus

Ugh.  I think this announcement's the first one that made me seriously consider dropping or lowering my pledge.  No Shadow ruleset offered for the next stretch goal, and what could potentially be a Pokemon mini-game to appease the carebears.

That was a good video.  Thanks for sharing!  Yeah, it seems like what I've come to understand about kickstarters.  After watching in it, I got an idea for a Lantern Watch table top RPG too, I kid you not.  An RPG with scaling difficulty and threat, where you WILL die, but the game is around trying to make  your death mean something.  Also, death is needed to "win".  Will definitely get some guildies to playtest it on Skype once I have a bit more figured out.

My heart is ready to burn through the bitter cold of the Dregs, to be a beacon of will, of life, a lantern for the lost.

Chuckled, +1 

edit: For some reason, last night i read your name as seventhbacon. I re-read it now and laughed at myself. I swear the whole beacon of will wasn't related to your name. ©2015

It's okay, almost everyone thinks it's bacon at first, and I'm okay with thatB)

Ugh. I think this announcement's the first one that made me seriously consider dropping or lowering my pledge. No Shadow ruleset offered for the next stretch goal, and what could potentially be a Pokemon mini-game to appease the carebears.

I would not worry to much about the shadow rule set as they already have mentioned it. As for the pets it really depends on how it's implemented. Also I don't think they care about appeasing to the carebears. This game is all about pvp and any side items are there to support it. Edited by Arnminster

Exactly, every one of his posts made me hungry until I realized

Edited by izumal

Izumal (Izzy), Javis, Covis, Wrenlen

"Started with UO, loved EQ and EQ2, loved AoC and currently playing SWTOR waiting to be a Crow!"

I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but I was wondering how recruitment is going to work. Is there going to be some sort of form to fill out? 

Our guild will be getting to know people via forum conversations and in-game play (like Tera, SWTOR, other games).  From there, an invite can be extended and then there's a form to fill right on our guild site!

Are dregs another form of bacon?

They're certainly part of coffee, which is just as vital to life. :D

Ugh.  I think this announcement's the first one that made me seriously consider dropping or lowering my pledge.  No Shadow ruleset offered for the next stretch goal, and what could potentially be a Pokemon mini-game to appease the carebears.

That was a good video.  Thanks for sharing!  Yeah, it seems like what I've come to understand about kickstarters.  After watching in it, I got an idea for a Lantern Watch table top RPG too, I kid you not.  An RPG with scaling difficulty and threat, where you WILL die, but the game is around trying to make  your death mean something.  Also, death is needed to "win".  Will definitely get some guildies to playtest it on Skype once I have a bit more figured out.

It's okay, almost everyone thinks it's bacon at first, and I'm okay with thatB)

I'm also one of those people who read it as bacon, once. >_>;

Personally, I'm not a fan of the pets, but I read it more as combat pets rather than 'gotta catch 'em all'. I mean, you may have to go find something if you didn't bring any in, but that's time and effort away from other goals, and I suspect they won't bring the end all be all combat advantage (or at least I hope they won't).

I'm also one of those people who read it as bacon, once. >_>;

Personally, I'm not a fan of the pets, but I read it more as combat pets rather than 'gotta catch 'em all'. I mean, you may have to go find something if you didn't bring any in, but that's time and effort away from other goals, and I suspect they won't bring the end all be all combat advantage (or at least I hope they won't).

Yeah, as there were more follow ups, my fears were allayed.  I'm not so worried any more, and I'm with you, I hope they provide a niche that isn't too overused.

Our guild will be getting to know people via forum conversations

They're certainly part of coffee, which is just as vital to life. :D

I love coffee, You love coffee, sounds like a date. When do i pick you up?

On the serious note though, to make you feel a bit better about no shadow thing, judging by todays Q&A when T-man said Dregs are basically Guilds with friendly fire on, so since we're obviously going to be skilled enough to pull it off, it's basically a coffee grinding high reward guild playzone. So we'll just run a few more druids to mitigate minor friendly fire, so what. Dregs is life m8.

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

I like combat pets. I have my wolf in ArcheAge at lvl 50, but I just hope there is more utility that those. If there is stealth, I'd like to have a wolf to send out to sniff around for stealthed players. Or maybe a pet to help gather resources. Not one that just derps around beside be not doing much.

Combat pets implies combatants, not pack mules, Zason.

Wouldn't it be a cool opening to a GvG battle to release all the guild's combat pets to attack the enemy while we march forward in well disciplined order to CRUSH the other guild?  Our animals would totally disrupt them and occupy there focus.

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.