Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seventhbeacon

The Lantern Watch (Welcome Home)

I got the 100$ package, if the game doesnt die in 2 years i will sell the KS quarterhouse for 50$ :3

Sounds like good business.  I'll probably sell my Collectors Editions, if there's no serial number in them by default.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Lantern Watchdogs in training. :P

10p2il4.jpg

First, Ozzie THESE are adorable watchdogs. 

Second, I'm not opposed to pets as long as there is a price paid. Honestly I could easily see myself getting into the pet industry but if you have extra muscle of the furry kind i think you should miss out on some other form of hit power. 

As long as they can be killed like mounts and pack animals, and not instantly replaced, I'm happy.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Animal training and skills are tied to character skill points/training.  Want different pets or more abilities/damage/etc ?  Give up some archery points, sword points, etc.

The balance is awesome in this game.  It is all about choices.

Edited by MisterTurtle

Animal training and skills are tied to character skill points/training.  Want different pets or more abilities/damage/etc ?  Give up some archery points, sword points, etc.

The balance is awesome in this game.  It is all about choices.

I do love that you can make the kinds of characters you want to play.  Player choice is an amazing thing!

I hope that they have the skills set up in such a way that in order to be a extremely proficient in a discipline it takes about 3/4 of your allotted skills. That way the other 1/4 could be put towards flavor skills of your choice (crafting, gathering, tracking, taming, etc).

Of course the extra skills could also be used to become more combat efficient, add some swordplay skills to your magery, for example.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

There is a thread touching on this on the guild site, but I don't mind breaking down our thoughts on this based on what we know so far.

I agree with you that it would be rude to not give one dominion over their own donated parcels as available.  That sounds ideal, if everyone plugs in a parcel to have control over it, but it starts to lose cohesion in the fealty system, which I presumed would be guild officers and then more in the tree.

I think we should separate it into two approaches: shared parcels and donated parcels.

Shared parcels are the ones described in the write-up, that you can plug in and unplug at your own will.  This seems like it would be the best approach, as it lets all of the guild move in pretty quickly and have their own land right from the beginning.  I'm hoping they can then be nestled under the fealty tree as needed so that council/officers can help in the process.

Donated, or say ones that are traded for, are to be built for common guild land for features such as arenas, libraries, other buildings of that nature.  Since parcels are tradeable that's how I imagine those working.

Navhkrin made a really good point about the "everyone controls their own parcels issue."  If it can be done in a way that doesn't create an imbalance among guildmates, that's what we want to do.  I don't expect anyone to donate their free parcels to the LW.  Many want to, and that's great guild support and I'm happy for it, but I wouldn't be upset for those that don't, and I don't have any false expectation or demand for the others.

Now, even if you don't want to link your parcels, that's fine.  The really nice thing about this system is that we can have multiple tenants on one parcel for those that desire to have a home in our guild city (and I hope everyone would want to be a part of it!)

We need a lot more information about how this will work, but we want it to not only be fair, but encouraged for the guild to be together, and for our world to be open to outsiders who seek out our merchants or social activities.  We need to find out what the upkeep would look like for parcels and buildings, and set any taxes accordingly to make it self-sufficient.  I'm in favor of low taxes because I want the Watch to court allies and visitors.  That means minimal 'housing' tax and a very low sales tax.  (That's the libertarian in me talking.)

Ideally, every guild mate will have at LEAST one parcel under their control, if not multiple, and those who don't want a parcel can then "rent" tenancy from someone with the space and desire to set that up.  To ease the burden on this, I'm going to pick up as many tax free parcels as I can justify spending money on in the year ahead.

We're never going to demand your tax free parcels, but we do believe that there should be exchange for everyone's benefit.  That means if you give something, you get something.  No crony capitalism or anything that would render undue political/group power on the Watch.

I would like to give at least 2-4 parcels to the guild. Maybe rule over one or two of them? I plan on bringing back most of the resources to Guild EK. I personally don't think i could upkeep a solo EK so most will go towards the GUILD woot :)

Thanks for the update, and comment back.

When will we be doing a live vent chat or something?

Edited by bomzulu

LW_sig_concept6_zpsdcbxhvyp.jpg
The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

The way I read it was that there are 3 Discipline slots(currently), and each Discipline adds skills in addition to whatever you already have based on archetype and promotion class.

Some Disciplines offer skills that can be found in archetypes, which would allow characters to pick up those if they are not part of their archetype(i.e. templar picking up bow skill through a discipline).

Other disciplines, like some of the crafting or were- ones, add new skills...

Awesome finale on the KS! Lantern Watchdogs are a go! :-D

Im thinking of going scout, Crafter, then PVP last.

i didn't think that PvP was an option.  PvP is a part of .being a scout and a crafter.  Everyone fights

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"