Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seventhbeacon

The Lantern Watch (Welcome Home)

I used to think I was a cat person. Then, I knew too many cats. Now, while I can't stand the critters (apart from kittens), there is Grumpy Cat, and I like her. She's like a cat without all the airs and pretenses. ;)

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

A warm welcome to our newest members of the Watch: Chaosmos, Acidstrider & Panpear. May you be a light in the darkness!

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Exciting Eternal Kingdom news! Looks like we're going to have a lot of fun building up the Haven World!

Is there a maximum number of posts in a thread? :huh: Because we're gonna hit it waayyy before the game is realeased  :P

You might be amused to find that the guild page from which Lantern Watch emerged reached 80 pages. Our genesis was a fascinating one.

You might be amused to find that the guild page from which Lantern Watch emerged reached 80 pages. Our genesis was a fascinating one.

I actually read through a lot of it after PM'ing whoever was leading it and wondering why I wasn't getting any reponse.

It's how I found the Watch.

I can't remember what it was called though and who was running it.

532c836f2a.png

I've actually filled out The Lantern Watch guild application form a few times now, but I can't quite bring myself to click submit.

I like your guild concept, the people are cool and interesting, and best of all it has a vibrant culture and I really think I'd enjoy playing with you all.  But I keep asking myself, "Should I really be choosing a guild already?"

This is the penulitmate choice - which guild - and it's not something I do lightly or want to rush into.  For me, who I play with is possibly more important than just how good the game is.  The right group can make a good game great.  And although I'm certain your guild is a good group, I feel like I should give both myself and any prospective guildmates time to gel first.

The game is still a ways off and we're all still learning about Crowfall and its gameplay mechanics on a regular basis.  It's difficult for me to know what sort of playstyle I'd prefer, let alone how I might best fit a Guild.

Hopefully you won't mind if I continue to post and discuss here, so we can learn about eachother as we learn about the developing game - even if I haven't formally signed on.  I figure after a period of interaction it'll naturally become obvious where I belong.

I've actually filled out The Lantern Watch guild application form a few times now, but I can't quite bring myself to click submit.

I like your guild concept, the people are cool and interesting, and best of all it has a vibrant culture and I really think I'd enjoy playing with you all.  But I keep asking myself, "Should I really be choosing a guild already?"

This is the penulitmate choice - which guild - and it's not something I do lightly or want to rush into.  For me, who I play with is possibly more important than just how good the game is.  The right group can make a good game great.  And although I'm certain your guild is a good group, I feel like I should give both myself and any prospective guildmates time to gel first.

The game is still a ways off and we're all still learning about Crowfall and its gameplay mechanics on a regular basis.  It's difficult for me to know what sort of playstyle I'd prefer, let alone how I might best fit a Guild.

Hopefully you won't mind if I continue to post and discuss here, so we can learn about eachother as we learn about the developing game - even if I haven't formally signed on.  I figure after a period of interaction it'll naturally become obvious where I belong.

Wise choice.

The Watch IS fantastic, though. Great group of people.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

Just watched Age of Ultron earlier today. Worth the price of admission and then some! A lot of fun, and James Spader > Tom Hiddleston anyway, so...

Definitely a good rule of thumb. I like getting to know people in the forums here too. If you ever feel like you want to take a look under the hood (our internal guild forums), and things go well, sign on up! As it is, you can get a small taste of that if you read the news/comments feeds, which we keep open to public view anyway.

LW has your hardcores, your casual-cores, your crafting enthusiasts, that makes up most of us. We could certainly use more people that wish to RP as well, though our main focus is still playing the game and my idea of roleplaying is staying in character while I kill our enemies and build up our kingdom.

I applied.  Thank you for the consideration.  

Nice to meet you, Abel! We'll be processing your application tomorrow unless I get insomnia and can finish it up tonight!

Well I justfigured out how to attach my forum badge, going for a top hat, like a sir!

It goes well with my pipe

"Everything is true. God's an Astronaut, Oz is Over the Rainbow and Midian is where the monsters live"

-Peloquin

Thanks for the encouragement Karetyr and SeventhBeacon.

I like PvP and I certainly have a competive streak, but I'm not sure I can be safely classified as hardcore.  During the early days, I crewed with the premier PvP team on the crappy little SWTOR server where I was the hero. (I recognize that invoking 'premier', 'PvP' and 'SWTOR' together in the same sentence demolishes any hopes I might have had at establishing myself as a die-hard PvPer.  I did it anyways.)   And I agree with your take on RP, Seventhbeacon - staying in character and storytelling adds to the fun, but it shouldn't overide the game.

I also like exploration.  I think it's great that each campaign starts off as unknown and will need to me scouted, areas cleared, locations and objectives prioritized, fortified, etc.  There will always be new worlds to explore!

And I'm excited about the possibility of finally having a deeply meaningful crafting system.  I imagine a corps of engineers and craftworkers who build and maintain everything and doubling as sentries or light infantry during combat.

This game is promising to be epic! 

Now I just need to hold my breath for a year or so.