Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Lantern Watch (Welcome Home)

The one game I was most impressed with is Tom Clancy's - The Division.  So, we can't play it until December, and that is Beta testing?  I obviously need to do a better job of following that game on a regular basis.

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

The one game I was most impressed with is Tom Clancy's - The Division.  So, we can't play it until December, and that is Beta testing?  I obviously need to do a better job of following that game on a regular basis.

Same here, that game already looks very amazing and interesting. However im afraid that ubisoft will fail it just like they have failed countless other games

The Division is an MMO, right Eren? I've watched a few YouTube vids on it and it appears so.

updated:  DarkZone is their name for the multiplayer area.  I get the sense that one can play single, co-op, and multi-player.  Darn game releases in early March 2016 and opens for Beta this December.

Edited by bradicus magnus

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

Hi BaronBrewzer.  You made me chuckle with the Magpie salutation :)  That's a naming convention ACE came-up with based on how many posts a member has.

Congrats on the new house purchase.  I hope the upgrades go smoothly.

So far, my summer plans consist of a week in Georgia serving as a handyman and fixing-up my in-laws home so they can sell it.  They moved into a retirement home last week.  My father in-law's health is declining, sadly.  My plans also include attending some concerts here in the Live Music Capital of the World.  Otherwise, I'm not really traveling.

Where do you like to go skiing, btw?  Back in March, I went to Keystone, CO and it was a good spot.  I'd never been there before.  I grew up in MN for 9 years and skied a good bit up there, but don't ask me for names . . . I can't remember one name, sadly.

LOL, damn, I didn't notice that badicus, I had to shake my head at myself on that one  :blink:  I've been to several CO ski slopes, but by far, I enjoyed Banff Canada the most. So many different runs and lots of good restaurants in the area. It's about a two hour flight from Denver or Minneapolis. 

4d5e785f-2068-4a65-922a-785944d29246.jpg

Hi BaronBrewzer.  I truly did appreciate the chuckle.  Magpie is so close to Magnus, which is my main character name/handle I like to use.

And hey, look to the left, I am promoted to Piapiac.  That took a lot less time than making Captain in the U.S. Army.  No pay increase with Piapiac . . . must have just been a lateral move, then ;)

Any other guild members care to share their summer holiday / vacation plans?

I'm taking a vacation next week. I'm planning on staying home and working on the guild CMS. Occasionally I'll walk to the lake and fall in, I imagine.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

bradicus magnus, thank you for your service Sir! I myself retired from the Army in '06. My last year in the Army I was a SGM at an intel compound at Camp Humphryey's , South Korea. An SES I performed intel for in Baghram, contacted me and asked me, "Hey Gabe, do you want to keep playing SGM, or would you like to come work for me as a GS-14?". Well.... I figured 20 years was good enough for me, so I took the offer. I wish you all the best in your career Sir!

Thanks BaronBrewzer, and I thank you as well for your service.  I actually resigned my commission in December 2000 after 7 years of service.  Your 20 years far outweigh mine, and let's be honest, you outranked me my friend :)

I was at Camp Stanley, ROK 11/94-07/96, so we've walked the same ground  :)   The 20 month ROK duration was due to my wife.  She was a pilot and arrived at Camp Stanley 07/95, so I extended to her DEROS.  We both resigned in 12/00 and chose Austin, TX as home.  Wonderful choice for us.  Now, my career is Engineering Program Management and my wife pilots a desk in a tax & bookkeeping firm she built from the ground up.  I have a boss and she is the boss . . . she seems to be making better career choices than me.  I was an Artillery officer vs. her being an Aviatrix.

Congrats on GS-14.  You may just retire twice and how sweet is that?

Now, if we could just get your guild application past the last sys admin hurdle :unsure:

Hello all, I've read the guild mission statement here and even though it's the first one I've read I feel like it's exactly what I'm looking for.  Be awesome at PvP but don't be a jerk about it.  Craft the hell out of stuff then supply your guild members with it so we can go be awesome at PvP but not be jerks about it.  I'll be applying at the linki you gave but I feel like I'm supposed to stab someone with a dagger now and say "For the watch"...

Excellent summary Praxander and we're flattered by your interest and selection.

That last GoT episode sure was a surprise with all the deaths of major characters.  Do you suspect that the Red Witch, being in Castle Black, may be able to do something for Jon Snow?

Battle Brother bradicus magnus, so is there a Lantern Watch plan for your guildies to compile selected member keeps/castles and build a huge Lantern Watch Eternal Kingdom? Or is that info only for the eyes of Lantern Watch Private Forums?

Congrats to you two choosing Austin, I lived there a couple years. The best BBQ I've had in my life, was at the County Line restaurant; however, that was back in 1995.

There is an internal discussion thread regarding the EKs, but I'm happy to share the prevailing thoughts here in this thread.  The LW desires to have a guild EK.  Based on our understanding of the required fealty tree, we will have to designate a King/Queen.  This role will be filled by one of our 5 Council Members.  Then, that person will allocate quadrants to four Archdukes (I'm going to stick with the masculine name going forward, but naturally all of these roles are open to both men and ladies).  Each Archduke will subdivide their grids to Dukes, who will subdivide their grids to Counts, and so on. 

Then, it comes time for placing parcels.  Any member of the LW can donate parcels to the guild EK, or keep their parcels for their own EKs.  There are no expectations or demands.  Per our charter, we support all members in the manner in which they wish to play.  There are members in the LW who have graciously announced their intention to donate their parcels to the Guild EK.

Lastly, the buildings:  the same premise stated for parcels applies to buildings, too.  Again, a gracious number of members have indicated their interest in donating some buildings and statues to the EK.

Given your Amber backer level, you may end-up with a Knight's worth of lands in the Guild EK and place your buildings where ever you wish.  And your characters can traverse the "Huge Lantern Watch Eternal Kingdom" taking in the beautiful sights of your fellow member's lands, buildings, and unique architecture they build themselves.

Regarding BBQ, the County Line is still here.  The volume & variety of BBQ restaurants are enormous.

Excellent summary Praxander and we're flattered by your interest and selection.

That last GoT episode sure was a surprise with all the deaths of major characters.  Do you suspect that the Red Witch, being in Castle Black, may be able to do something for Jon Snow?

Yeah - I was wondering the same thing.  But it being GoT I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

There is an internal discussion thread regarding the EKs, but I'm happy to share the prevailing thoughts here in this thread.  The LW desires to have a guild EK.  Based on our understanding of the required fealty tree, we will have to designate a King/Queen.  This role will be filled by one of our 5 Council Members.

Well Sir, my vote is for you to be awarded LW's Queen. I will throw myself in the path of a Centaur's halberd headed your way, to show my fealty oh gracious one!

All joking aside, so if a member donates parcels to the LW EK and that person wants to lay one of his buildings in the LW EK as well, will there be a max size building/fort/castle that he is allowed to place? I have a medium fort and a medium castle.

I'm assuming the medium castle will be too big and I will have to place it in my personal EK and possibly the medium fort may be too large as well, depending on the final size of the guild EKs and how many members want to lay forts and castles in the LW EK?

Your sense of humor is fantastic BaronBrewzer :)  I'm not a council member in the LW so I may very-well be standing at your shoulder to stop that Centaur's charge. I will try my best to ensure your character doesn't get looted after such a tear-evoking sacrifice.  You'll do the same for me, should I die, right?

One element that has a significant bearing on your question is:  How many grids are required to support the parcel on which your building resides?  The answer has not been fully fleshed-out by ACE.  A Medium Castle appears to require 7 parcels in the shape of an "H", but I could be misinterpreting the info released thus far.  We do know that every building requires some level of buffer (space) around it to support it.  If, as a knight, you are given lordship over 81 square cells (a 9-cell x 9-cell area of land), this may be plenty to support all the buildings you earned as KS Amber Backer.  But, if a knight only has 9 square cells (a 3-cell x 3-cell area of land), this may be insufficient and only a few of your buildings may fit.  As of today, we're unclear on area allocations per title within the LW.  We should be able to model numerous ideas once the EK feature of CF is available for testing.

One other thought, too, is that donated buildings that have military value, such as a fort, could be positioned based on a favorable terrain feature for "the securing of the Lantern Watch Relm" thus causing some lands to have higher building density while other lands have lower density.  Thus, a player could have some land that hosts a Guild's (King's) building because it was viewed as a benefit to the larger cause.

I really look forward to experimenting with various ideas to see which ones are popular and which are not.

Does LW have any race or class restrictions/preferences? Any idea if LW is going Order, Chaos or Balance and of that path, has LW determined a specific God to follow? Also, any idea what types of rule sets LW will mostly play on?

I've also been watching the Division, unfortunately, they took out the ability to fly in with a Drone, joining your friends, by using an I-Pad. I was looking forward to it, but then again, there is quite a lot to like about that game. 

Edited by BaronBrewzer

Does LW have any race or class restrictions/preferences? Any idea if LW is going Order, Chaos or Balance and of that path, has LW determined a specific God to follow? Also, any idea what types of rule sets LW will mostly play on?

I've also been watching the Division, unfortunately, they took out the ability to fly in with a Drone, joining your friends, by using an I-Pad. I was looking forward to it, but then again, there is quite a lot to like about that game. 

As of right now there is no archetype restriction. Last I remember we were leaning towards Chaos and Balance, but I think 7B or one of the other constables will have to correct me on that. I think because of the lack of in-depth lore we have not picked any specific god yet. (Although, I remember Illara being tossed around a bit because of this picture ) 

2814620-illara_goddess+of+cats+2.jpg

LW will be mostly playing on the Dregs but we will definitely allow playing on the other rule sets.

Life is not a Destination  -- Enjoy the Journey

Stand back, then, my friend. Stand back, watch and learn.

wxDQ4r3.png