Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seventhbeacon

The Lantern Watch (Welcome Home)

I think we will all be given our own "space"  with the toon/account.  Then beyond that the bigger the Kingdom the more cost involved.    Guilds can have castles ( aka guildhalls) and we will all be able to have our own patch of land around it.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Congrats Savvy.  I for one will need a confessor I fear.

Feel free to come into my office, door will always be open to those in need of umm, forgiving of their sins  :ph34r:

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mattis

This kind of got buried during our whole war with the banana republic, so I'm bringing it forward with the news about expanding kingdoms in the pricing FAQ!

==============================

To all my fellow Watchers:

In our kingdom, where is your ideal residence?  In the shadow of the castle?  Along the bustling markets of main street?  Down by the docks, in the 'dangerous' part of town, a large tract of farmland, or perhaps a ritzy villa in the hills?

Would you want to be close to the friendly tavern at the heart of the city, or near the opera house, the arena, or the entertainers' pavilion?  Perhaps you'd like a cabin in the woods far from the city, enjoying the solitude of the eternal kingdoms with your trusty hunting bow or fishing pole.  Maybe you live in a burrow at the base of one of the hills leading out from the capitol, or perhaps overlooking the valley from the thin air of your tower atop the mountain.

Perhaps you don't have time to bother living in your own place.  A night at the inn is paid for with the loot from your many combat victories, and a bar table makes a fine enough pillow for your needs.

Or maybe you never sleep, standing guard up on the ramparts overlooking the bustle inside the city, always vigilant.

What do you call home?

medieval_city_by_bhaskar655-d6p5bto.jpg

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Welcome Trugamer!

And I'm not fooled for a moment Wicked - your sin forgiveness is likely to create more sins than it absolves...

SHHHHH, that is suppose to be a secret.  There is a reason for the "Wicked" in my name.  

Red occupied, Green Open, Next in line please

6sutqf.jpg

Edited by wicked_savannah

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mattis

Guild Halls are for scrubs.

Then we won't invite you for "tea"

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Cracking up Wicked.  Our guild will be writhing with absolution.

In unrelated news - I'm Beta 6 according to my account.

For anyone that does not know their beta - go to crowfall.com - log in - the menu across the top of the screen will then show Account as an option - click on that and under your name should be a groovy Beta number. 

I'd like to apologize in advance for all the random jumping and "ooooh lookatthat!" my character will be doing for the first few weeks we're in the game.  OK maybe the first month.

There's been a lot of great news today.  Lore has been given, justice has been done, and the guild keeps expanding!  I'd like to give a warm welcome to our newest members of the Watch: Luscia, Sledge, Greedi & Trugamer.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Then we won't invite you for "tea"

Let's!  Let's invite him and then do that robocall thing when he does not show up and send endless fluffy bunnies ingame to remind him.

In case anyone's curious about where I've been, I've been abstaining from going on the computer after work for the past few days to "detox." I'll be back online this weekend.

I've been having a great time figuring out various permutations of your name and calling into the distance into the Distance on Tera.  People don't really understand why but there's been a lot of 'sorry - don't see Karrottop anywhere' and 'stop calling out for Krysalis!  Just pm them!" in the general chat.

In case anyone's curious about where I've been, I've been abstaining from going on the computer after work for the past few days to "detox." I'll be back online this weekend.

Totally get that!  Glad  you're doing okay, though :)

What do you call home

I am going to split my answer up into 3 sections- personal, guild. pvp environment

I would love my personal home to be either in a village setting with the village being all my great guildie's houses or I'd like a suite of rooms in a huge guild castle.

i would love for our guild to be entrenched in nature.  I'd like our guild to be a center for commerce for everyone on the server and a hub for crafting.  I'd love a huge marketplace where everyone can come.  I spoke about this in a previous post - I'll find it and add it below.

FOUND!

"Rabid PvP'ers will swarm our EK snarling at each other while they search the shops looking for that unique, unstoppable blade.  Explorers will wander in, sell us mats, pick up a new compass, and head back out.  There will be RentaShops where players can rent a space and sell their own wares for a commission. Mercenary services will be available for those that have bought rare items and need some muscle to get their goods back to their stronghold safely. We'll have a tavern (Last Call! The Watch!) and a hospital - a gear repair shop and a guild recruitment booth."

For the PvP environments I'd like us to be smart when we pick our spots. Not just that our base on an inner planet is near a mine but that it's backed up to a cliff with no way for folks to get at us from behind - or surrounded by water - etc.

Edited by Oridi

I like it!  Here's hoping we can have some flexibility with city planning to do something like that!  A fortifiable castle would be great.

FOUND!

"Rabid PvP'ers will swarm our EK snarling at each other while they search the shops looking for that unique, unstoppable blade.  Explorers will wander in, sell us mats, pick up a new compass, and head back out.  There will be RentaShops where players can rent a space and sell their own wares for a commission. Mercenary services will be available for those that have bought rare items and need some muscle to get their goods back to their stronghold safely. We'll have a tavern (Last Call! The Watch!) and a hospital - a gear repair shop and a guild recruitment booth."

I so love that vision.  I remember that now, thanks for digging it up!

I think I'm going to write a tavern into the next chronicles so that I can mention guildies if only by their description as they hang out, enter or leave the tavern.

If you want in give a holler! 

I need a brief description of the physicality of your character, your character's gender and/or what type of attitude you have.

Fun!