Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seventhbeacon

The Lantern Watch (Welcome Home)

Nice try Seventh.  We will not discuss the economy or lack there of in this Beautiful State :)   Besides, CYT will need to concentrate on how he can make Idaho a much better place to live )  

Don't know much about them besides potatoes and a friend is currently living there for school, and it has the strangest border of any state.  Me, if I had a choice, I'd choose Wyoming.  Nice, quiet, and the biggest city still doesn't have much to it, but it has a movie theater and internet and that's enough.  Only one drawback... Cheney's from there no, stopping myself right there.

Don't play that junk. Play Shadowbane. I'll set y'all up.

I kinda hate mouse movement with a passion.  non-WASD was probably the worst thing about SWG, a game I otherwise loved.  Can the keys be mapped?

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

The point and click is not that bad.

You can't move with mapped keys at all. But the way the game is set up WASD would probably be detrimental.

I mean this is the predecessor to Crowfall. This is what started it all. How could you not want to give it a try?

Are you going to be a potato farmer?

Naw. I'm retired.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I thought there was a server reset coming up in the near future?  Iridian wanted to get a group together after that to plant a tree.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

The point and click is not that bad.

You can't move with mapped keys at all. But the way the game is set up WASD would probably be detrimental.

I mean this is the predecessor to Crowfall. This is what started it all. How could you not want to give it a try?

Naw. I'm retired.

I really do appreciate the offer, but here's my reasons for not having much interest.

1) Old game, not going to have a play style that works for me/is being used in Crowfall.

2) It's on an EMU.  I have not liked my EMU experiences and don't have the patience of jumping through technical hoops only to find something is still not configured right.

3) Hard drive space.  Between my downloaded TV shows and a bunch of different games, I'd have to jettison something, and all of the games currently installed are being used... I've even deleted a number of games I bought through Steam that I won't be touching any time soon!

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I thought there was a server reset coming up in the near future?  Iridian wanted to get a group together after that to plant a tree.

Yeah, I'll have to ask Stardust to look into the date for the server reset. Anyone wanna try the emulator? It's good for that retro game feel :D

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

The server reset two weeks ago. You currently start at lvl 10. You can be max level in like two hours. Xp rate is way up and gold drops are way up. I can give y'all some builds and get y'all rolling.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'll be up for either game later today. I did poke my head into Tera today and of course my highest level there is an Elin.  I luckily found some bootie shorts for her so she's more demure than most.  Drat - someone remind me of the server we're supposed to be on.  I may need to roll a new character.

On the TOR side of things I have a terribad sithy inquisitor at level 4 now.  She keeps making terrible choices and I feel like I should film her for a public service announcement about how not to wreck your life during your teenage years.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Another warm welcome to our newest Members of the Watch, Ayakii, Karetyr, Nolani & Sashan!  Four more lights held up against the long night!

Hey Checky - since we have you here all bright and sparkly this morning - I have a PvP related question.  I know I'm not supposed to go out alone into the big bad world but when I think of a group my brain goes to a 6 man setup.  What's the usual size of a group used to protect a squishy in that there SB world?

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Another warm welcome to our newest Members of the Watch, Ayakii, Karetyr, Nolani & Sashan!  Four more lights held up against the long night!

Welcome all!  That reminds me of a story about a world where night came every thousand years - oh geez I need to go find that again.  Amazing stuff.

Found it - http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/fwalter/AST389/TEXTS/Nightfall.htm

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

It depends. You can solo farm and watch track. If someone pops on track disappear.

Last night we rocked Maelstrom gate with five people against superior numbers and didn't lose a man.

We later camped some Asian zerg guilds capitol and it took them an hour and 25 people to beat back our ten.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Also there is a lot of soloing that happens in Shadowbane. That's what rogues are for.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Also there is a lot of soloing that happens in Shadowbane. That's what rogues are for.

How much hard disk space needed?

Welcome all!  That reminds me of a story about a world where night came every thousand years - oh geez I need to go find that again.  Amazing stuff.

Found it - http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/fwalter/AST389/TEXTS/Nightfall.htm

Ooh, Asimov!  I like him, have only read a few of his books.  Thanks for sharing, gonna have to bookmark this.