Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelmar

A Crow has Fallen - Coolwaters

Coolwaters and I rarely saw eye to eye when it came to opinions about Crowfall. We often bickered in teamspeak or discord and said mean things to each other. Even if we had a bitter fight, he was the type of guy who did not hold on to grudges. His ability to move on was one of qualities about him that always stood out, and I wish I could be more like him in that respect.

I haven't been with Winterblades very long compared to some members. The one thing I'm starting to understand is how much he meant to Winterblades. He really is the heart and soul of our guild. If there was a fight breaking out on the forums you could almost guarantee he would be right in the thick of it. He always had an opinion and he was unapologetic about the way he felt. 

He loved this game, he loved his guild and most of all he loved this community. My condolences to his family and to his friends Yoink, Angelmar, Damebix, Remlap and the many other names I'm missing. His presence will be greatly missed.

Edited by Tark

This is heartbreaking. Coolwaters was one of the most genuinely kind people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, he would help anyone he had the chance too. I first played with him probably 15 years ago and we met as both friends and enemies over the years in a few different games. I am so sorry to Damebix, Angelmar, Yoink and the other Winterblades that have lost someone that has been truly a friend and part of their lives for so long. You are all amazing people that has made a beautiful family, shedding the silly moniker of "guild" long ago, I've come to cherish the times I got to spend with all of you.

Rest in peace, Coolwaters. My sincerest condolences to his Winterblades family and everyone else he has left behind.

Edited by phearlo

D8IHwn2.png

3 hours ago, Agelmar said:

I feel like I missed a huge opportunity to interact with him over the past year.  I know his importance to -W- and what a great guy he was to play and talk to.  Tragic news.  My thoughts will be with all of his friends and family.

He would have enjoyed catching up with you, pal.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

I knew him a bit from SB, and when I signed up this past December for CF, he was one of the first people I recognized on the forums. I always respected his opinions and theory crafting. My deepest condolences to both his real and and online gaming families. I hope eventually the fond memories win more battles than the pain of such a tragic loss.

Wes 'Coolwaters' Fowler was a rare soul, a pragmatic man, a successful man, a man of ideas and relentless purpose, a man who enriched my life in the brief time that I knew him.

I thought I had seen everything and just when the world was looking small and uninteresting Coolwaters imparts enlightenment on the nuances of a proper bacon sandwich. So he was a humorous man as well.

I will miss the man. 

I honestly was unsure what to make of Cool when I first met him. He was brash, opinionated, and oh my god did he love to argue. He set off all my buttons. And then I got to know him and meet him in person, and all the uncertainty just vanished. His absolute genuineness, his passion, and selfless decency to those he cared about was just so clear that the knowing was immediate. He was one of the most authentic souls I have ever met. His bluntness was not malicious. It was just him. And who he was was awe inspiring. I want to scream at the universe as loud as I can and tell it to custard off but I also know that we will get through this together because that is what families do.

6 minutes ago, Mytherceria said:

I honestly was unsure what to make of Cool when I first met him. He was brash, opinionated, and oh my god did he love to argue. He set off all my buttons. And then I got to know him and meet him in person, and all the uncertainty just vanished. His absolute genuineness, his passion, and selfless decency to those he cared about was just so clear that the knowing was immediate. He was one of the most authentic souls I have ever met. His bluntness was not malicious. It was just him. And who he was was awe inspiring. I want to scream at the universe as loud as I can and tell it to custard off but I also know that we will get through this together because that is what families do.

This was beautiful Myth. <3

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili