Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelmar

A Crow has Fallen - Coolwaters

Friday night in the Order Beach-head, the Winterblades and others gathered for an in-game memorial to Coolwaters. While we were setting up for some screenshots, this happened...the result being a perfect combination of the silly and serious Cool was known for. We miss you buddy.

At the funeral I spoke with one of Wes' law school buddies regarding the donations to the law school (he gave one of the eulogies).  Dozens of members of the bar and several judges attended Cool's funeral.  We've been following up and I've updated the OP with more details regarding the donations to the law school.  Contact me if you have any questions.

Regarding donations, Wes' Friends and Family are working on raising funds to create an endowed scholarship for the winner of the top Oral Advocate in the Moot Court program.  Wes competed nationally in Moot Court and won the top Oral Advocate at his school.  His law school friends and members of the bar in Memphis are getting some big donations lined up.  Any donations direct to the school should also be tax deductible. Winterblades internally has already collected around ~$1,000 to donate.

If anyone is interested you in contributing you can PM me directly and I can provide details.

Edited by angelmar

Unfortunately we all face these situations as we grow older and those of us that have been gaming for a long time probably have lost at least one person we played with over the years. These games allow us to escape the real world, but occasionally reality hits us like a sudden lightning bolt from the sky even in our fantasy worlds. I wish nobody had to face the loss of family and friends. I still remember the days of playing with the Winterblades in Shadowbane oh so long ago and I am very sorry for your loss.

Edited by galahadkoa

I just read his obituary and amazingly enough, we graduated the same year and I literally lived and grew up in an adjacent county in Tennessee to where Wes lived.

Small small world we live in and yet big enough to where we never met.  I wish we had.  RIP coolwaters

I ran into him one time out in the world. He was on his druid, and I on mine. I simply said, "Coolwaters, helper of druids." He smiled in chat. I'll miss his passion and have to +1 the idea of giving scimitar druids their only heal, "Coolwaters."

Sad and horrible.  He will be missed. 

EOD Edit:

Damb, a week away and I come back to this.  Concentration at work shot while I ruminate on the loss and the frailty of life, even more so after reading the obituary. I was sooo looking forward to playing with him in the finished game.

Sigh.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said. I've played with and against Coolwaters, and it was always a good time. As has already been said by those who knew him better, he was a great guy and was always very friendly. The gaming world, and world in general, is lesser without him.

CF_Brat.png

My condolences to his family and friends.  I remember speaking with and playing with Coolwaters in multiple games in the past even though I was never a WB member.  This is a huge loss and he will be missed greatly in the gaming community.  

This is the third ever gamer that I have known to pass away with the first being one of my past guilds leaders: Booms

RIP Charles Wesley 'Wes' "Coolwaters" Fowler