Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pirotess

Two Factor authincation

So I bought the game today.  And it wants some two party authincation.

I did download for the pc and the phone.  Verified my email and phone.  Then its asking me to take a picture or scan a bar code but nowhere does it give out where to do this.

Is this fraud? should i file a paypal claim for this company making me install 3rd party junk on my computer and preventing people getting products they pay for?

For starters, I don't think 2FA is required, so you can log in fine without it.

Second, it's very easy to set up. In the authenticator, when you add a new game, it should give you the option to scan a barcode. The barcode is on the web page when you enable 2FA. Once you scan the barcode, you are set up. You just enter the number generated by the app.

i never see any barcodes.  Personalty i think this will turn many people off.

the app installs but unless someone visualy shows where the barcode is, then this step is lame.n

crowfall should of done that in the faq

2FA is not required to play, it's an extra security measure to keep your account safe from hacking. I use it for all the online games I play that offer it.

If you want to remove it, click Security from the Account page menu and click "Remove 2FA from My Account".

tiPrpwh.png

6 minutes ago, miraluna said:

Email  support@crowfall.com  and they can remove it for you, if you don't have that option available.

I bet the reason they can't remove it is because they haven't activated it in the first place.

IhhQKY6.gif