Scree

Malekai.org | The Crowfall Database

Our team pushed out some visual updates to make navigating Crowfall data a bit easier. You'll now notice a refined table view for each category, with more prominent and easier-to-use filters to help narrow down what you are looking for. Big updates are still coming ;)

unknown.png

and i was hoping for the skills to be done but read there's 53 skills for strength and it's near impossible to add them.

Could a copy of the in game visual work for the skill section instead of a database spreadsheet style? or maybe a tree style like in the Tree button in game.

We could replicate that, with significant effort, but why? Do you really need to research the skill tree? Its purposefully generic and doesn't require a whole ton of thought to plan your route out. I'm not even sure, if the tree stays the way it is, we'd ever bother.

6 hours ago, jetah said:

and i was hoping for the skills to be done but read there's 53 skills for strength and it's near impossible to add them.

Could a copy of the in game visual work for the skill section instead of a database spreadsheet style? or maybe a tree style like in the Tree button in game.

from 5.3 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vUYnC3b1Aa1wRgkDt_BnJh6TsHtyd8en

5 hours ago, Tinnis said:

I was looking for something that list what the skills are. how long they train for. what bonus they provide per pip and at max. Something I could share with my guild mates so they don't have to be in game or need access to view the skills.

It seems as if the devs aren't going to rethink this approach, and they are purposefully boring. Going to wait a bit longer before I implement anything related to skills on the site though.

I'm much more interested in putting all the new recipes together finally. Devising a way to display this is important.

We'll look into this @moneda. Can you help us out with what browser your using (looks like chrome) and the platform (android it looks like?)

2 hours ago, Scree said:

Can you help us out with what browser your using (looks like chrome) and the platform (android it looks like?)

Chrome on Android, yeah.

@moneda it's fixed! Seems I had forgotten to lowercase the search text, but lowercased the name that we were testing against... silly me. Update is live, along with new logo :o

We are in the early stages of capturing all crafting data for display on the Malekai Project. A major redesign is also being worked on. Stay tuned for some big updates coming in May.

Posted (edited)

Just some small quality of life reccomendations:

Gray out the buttons on top that lead to the coming soon page to easily indicate the users that those are not a thing yet. So the Crafting, Skills, Guilds and Patchnotes buttons. Super trivial and minor stuff but it is easy to implement and makes for good practice.

Implement ' loading' message to be displayed when the website is requesting for data. The powers page, which seems to be loading all powers in a single go, took me about 10 secs of wait before it displayed the powers. I even thought the website was down or malfunctioning since it just displayed a 'nothing here' message in the meantime.

In the same topic it might be good to either split the powers in multiple pages (It was like this before, right?) or even load it by batches. Load the first 50, then load the rest (In batches or not) while the user is browsing those, this way you can hide the loading time.

Edited by BarriaKarl

@BarriaKarl All good suggestions and some of those were already planned. Big problem with the site is its loading the data directly from server everytime someone pings it. Of course this isn't a viable strategy under significant demand. We'll need to end up implementing caching of some kind to prevent needing to load all of the data. Either way a "Loading" message is important, agreed.

We have been working on a complete overhaul of the navigation system as part of a redesign effort. We have far too many features we want to showcase, and not enough horizontal space to include menu options for them all. We'll be hiding menu options that are not active once that redesign is complete.

Thank you guys so much! This is awesome, and something that I’m going to be using very often.

@Everhoid Thanks mate ;)

We've been mostly treading water so far this summer, hoping to pick up steam as progress on Crowfall continues. Keep flagging data that is out of date or incorrect, make sure to leave to notes too if you can so we know what exactly is wrong ;)

Great job with the site! Very helpful and easy on the eyes, too. Maybe consider improving the site's search engine ranking though, when I first searched for Crowfall disciplines malekai was quite a ways down despite being the easily most useful source of information.

Funnily enough, that guy uses our data to populate his site. Not a whole ton I can do, vidyawikiis a widely used website with lots of content not related to Crowfall. It's usually at the top of the list for search results for new games. The best we can do is to continue our work and hope word of mouth is sufficient to increase our rankings.

Just a note that we went ahead and pre-updated all of the Racial disciplines to reflect the new stat caps as they appeared in the livestream on Tuesday. Also went and updated some of the things we knew were coming with 5.7.