Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cornered Walls

Azeron

Hello,

as i have been building the wall on a capital parcel i got a major problem with the city walls placing them on a diagonal to each other.
We need a corner walls edged since the straight ones could be placed only on 90 Degree and we need corners which could fill the gaps on 100 - 160 Degree maybe walls with dynamic fitting to fill those gaps. 

i hope the devs would give a statement on this topic.

Best regards

6 hours ago, Azeron said:

Hello,

as i have been building the wall on a capital parcel i got a major problem with the city walls placing them on a diagonal to each other.
We need a corner walls edged since the straight ones could be placed only on 90 Degree and we need corners which could fill the gaps on 100 - 160 Degree maybe walls with dynamic fitting to fill those gaps. 

i hope the devs would give a statement on this topic.

Best regards

While not capable of 100-160 degree angles, there is a corner wall piece which can do 45 degrees - it is a bit difficult to accomplish however. The wall segment named 'Corner' can actually stretch over 3 unit lengths, if you move the piece a unit apart from the connecting wall it will populate the empty space before and after that piece with segments on an angle.

More angles and more flexibility would be nice, I agree. For now though we do have this additional capability, albeit functioning inconsistently. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope the devs would make the wall stiching mechanisms much better and dynamic because otherwise the Castles in the kingdomes would look like be all bad squares and would not be able to fit into the environment.

Since the Environment is diferent the walls should be able to be build and stick to each other along the terrain as the player sees fit. Currently as i build the walls the diagonale they are able to go do not fit the desiered angle to match the terrain and use the so valuable space for house building within the walls much more efficiently. The junktion between walls placed on higher and lower ground does not fit well as well.

Building Castles should be an Art not a pain and disapointment of missing mechanics and building solutions.

I know this is still a pre alfa but i just mention this topic as a hint to a field which requires some improvments.

Best regards

We have regular wall pieces (90/180/270/360 degrees) and diagonal wall pieces (45/135/225/315 degrees) that can be combined. And those are not limited to a specific grid, but you can define the 0 degree on you own by placing a wall piece as you wish.

The original plan was to provide predefined strongholds, with no choices at all. Now we have the freedom to build our own stronghold out of dozens or hundreds of building pieces - though within the placemet rules. 

I don't see any real problem with that.

Things can always be better. We can always dream of more. But being able to build an own kigdom of several square kilometers size, with a more or less free building system ... thats already a hell of an achievement. 

Maybe we will get more possibilities in the future. But that can't have any priority before launch. So: It is important to give feedback about what would be even better ... but it is also important to clearly say "hey guys, it's already really great and thanks for what possibilities you gave to us". 

Just saying.

Edited by Kraahk

• 1 month later...

Suffered a bit of this tonight but with forts.......after 3 attempts to complete basic squared walls around the lodge ending in failure I finally tried just using 4 corners and 4 wall!s to complete a tiny box........ Still off :(