Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kdchan

1 character x account

182 members have voted

1. 1. 1 char x account?

• Yes
    • No

What i like to see is the same route 1 character x account like Darkfall.
In this way you avoid that alts learn more professions (if there will be hopefully a limit), make spies, or bypass the alignment system.

Yes, someone can buy another account, but i'm ok with this, more money to support the game (if will be good), and this will be a minority anyway not impact the whole economy.

Archduchess Alice

It will work of course if there is a hard skill decay system, when you are bored to be a melee user you can decay melee skills and raise bow skills, or spells, or gathering if you like to become a merchant.

Archduchess Alice

Since I wish me Perma Death, it wouldn't make sense for me =/ Maybe if the old one get instantly deleted.

Well i would prefer one char per server type.

ma-sig.png
Merketh: "If you are looking for a loot grind that's equivalent to PvE raid experiences of other MMO's, where you max your ilevel, wait for the next content patch, rinse repeat then this is absolutely not the game for you."

I vote for one character too, problem is however that alts allow you to experience the story of the other faction.

Wouldn't wanna miss out on all that juicy lore now would we?  :P

I just don't get it why people come over from all games together and suggest stuff they liked from where they come from, sure thing that game need or want to be unique but by limiting 1 char per account mean that class/battle/customization have to be changeable whenever player want it to be. Well you know some people want to test his class/prof and what so ever, so once again by limiting 1 char per account mean they have to delete his 1st char to make another one just to realize that class before been better for him?????  :huh:

I hope you understand what I'm trying to point out, it's just don't make much sense to me  :blink:

Hard to say now, if i want this game to be char limitied like that. Still no info about the game are out. Nothing about classes, factions, guild systems etc.. I voted no for now. 

I just don't get it why people come over from all games together and suggest stuff they liked from where they come from, sure thing that game need or want to be unique but by limiting 1 char per account mean that class/battle/customization have to be changeable whenever player want it to be. Well you know some people want to test his class/prof and what so ever, so once again by limiting 1 char per account mean they have to delete his 1st char to make another one just to realize that class before been better for him?????  :huh:

I hope you understand what I'm trying to point out, it's just don't make much sense to me  :blink:

With a skill cap you can decay skills that you don't use anymore and arise skills you want to learn, it mean that you can change from melee to magic or archery, you just have to train bit (like in Mortal Online where you can cap your build in just 3 days).

I don't want instant build switch indeed, this will be bad for large scale battles and sieges.

Archduchess Alice

I voted no. It does nothing for the player and only benefits the developer. Every game I've played with 1/acct, everyone had multiple accts.

I'd suggest one name per account with names being unique. As in, my character and all alts would be Lucius. My chars name would show as my forum name and nobody else can have the same name. This way you can't hide from your reputation but can play multiple characters without buying the game 5 times over.

One character per account.

Alternative which I wouldn't mind is a surname system where every character has the same prefix or suffix to the name, connecting them all to the same player.

Lucious, people will have multiple accounts regardless of this. In SB you had numerous characters per account and most people still had at least 2 accounts.

Usually when people champion 1 char 1 account, it's because the game is using some sort of skill based system where 1 character can do every single thing in the game.

At this point, all I can say is that if they do go with a skill based system, that it has hard caps.  Not that DF "jack-of-all-trades, master-of-all-trades" fail garbage.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Strongly disagree with one character per account.  Part of what made shadowbane great was the vast majority in what you could build.  I liked being able to quickly level up and build something new, instead of being stuck with 1 thing for the entire duration of playing the game.  Replayability is what keeps people coming back, not being stuck on one character forever.  

Sure, if players can spend years perfecting a single character, that's great, and it should be possible to do such a thing.  But I also want it to be viable to level tons of characters, that fulfill completely different roles, and not have to spend 20 hours a day for years to get that, or worse, be forced to RMT to get that.

Also, if you only get 1 character, that also means progression on it MUST be slow, no matter what, or the game will literally die within weeks.  This means that new players can not quickly get combat ready, which in turn, means that the game will have a huge barrier for entry.  That's not good.

Choices are GOOD, people! 

I want one character per account as it increases the potency of reputation. When you betray someone in this game, your name matters. That action is going to haunt you forever. You're a pirate? A thief? A murderer? People will know over time because you can't hide behind an alt (unless you buy the entire game again and get another sub fee).

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

no thx  - this stifles the fun in figuring out different builds/creating stuff like spec groups that made shadowbane a fun game 

Waste Management

Ventrilo info: Carbon.typefrag.com 8165 pw Tootdat

nah, 1 character 1 account just doesn't allow for much diversity in the long term. 

keeping a low character count though I do agree with. 

3-5 per account, not too many more are needed. 

Garrett Fuller

MMORPG.com

If the races, classes and factions that are available are interesting and creative enough to warrant exploration by a player, that's the real factor to answering this question.  Limiting them to a single character doesn't give a player a chance to truly figure out what they may really enjoy playing.  Especially if the characters only come onto their own once fully leveled or geared up.

Say they invest all that time and effort in their single character and decide they hate it.  If progression turns out to be grind-ish and time-sinky to develop that character, that makes the decision to try a different one from scratch even more painful.  Since there isn't enough information yet about the inner workings of the game, it's better to vote for more choices than fewer.  I agree with frobobo.  Choice is good.  

wwsigcrowfall.jpg
                         ~For the Honor and Memory of Ahz Badaxe~

As a not recovering alt-aholic, I would say no. but im also an EVE online player and that game might as well be 1 toon per account, but my guy in EVE can do any job he wants given time and money so somthing like that would be ok with me. but if there is a traditional class/job set in stone then no.