vkromas

5.2.5 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports for 9/1-9/8/17

Please grab the latest LIVE patch client for the 5.2.5 update. You can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

Patch Notes Can Be Found Here

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Need help? Email us! support@crowfall.com

17 minutes ago, Hellsever said:

Upon logging into the game my FPS is crap, Server latency is super high and the moment I left click both the launcher and the client both crash. 

Best to contact support@crowfall.com 

Please send us these two files so I can better diagnose the problem.
1) Run the system utility Dxdiag, (enter dxdiag on the search box from the Windows home page) then output the file and send us the dxdiag.txt file
2)  Send me your most recent Client log (client logs are in the CrowfallTEST\download\crowfall\ folder and look similar to this but with your own machine name at the end: CrowfallClient_104192_MSI)

We appreciate the help and sorry for the problem!
Gordon

I got killed by 15 Order.  Respawned at my fort, whereupon I got killed by 10 Chaos.  Respawned in my beachhead, but my crow was stuck.  Could not move.  Tried the logout / cancel trick.  Tried jumping, etc etc. Nothing worked.  After 2 mins, I was suddenly able to move again, and retrieved my vessel normally.   I have video if needed.

5 minutes ago, Blaise said:

I got killed by 15 Order.  Respawned at my fort, whereupon I got killed by 10 Chaos.  Respawned in my beachhead, but my crow was stuck.  Could not move.  Tried the logout / cancel trick.  Tried jumping, etc etc. Nothing worked.  After 2 mins, I was suddenly able to move again, and retrieved my vessel normally.   I have video if needed.

We love getting videos of bugs.  Helps with the developers saying "that can't happen". :) 

I think it's about time that 5 person confessor knockdown that's a 30 meter wide cone gets changed. The 30 meter wide cone makes it way too easy to knockdown a full group of people. It needs to require more aim than it currently does.

Can you change it to a targeted ray that radiates out from the target and knocks down people within 10 meters of the target? Or make it a ground target AoE like the ranger suppress. Or make it a 5 meter wide by 30 meter long rectangle shape effect that radiates outward from the confessor like a fire wave. Anything to make it require some aiming and skill.  

Or revert it back to the knock up that it used to be before it could CC an entire group.

Edited by blazzen

12 hours ago, blazzen said:

I think it's about time that 5 person confessor knockdown that's a 30 meter wide cone gets changed. The 30 meter wide cone makes it way too easy to knockdown a full group of people. It needs to require more aim than it currently does.

Can you change it to a targeted ray that radiates out from the target and knocks down people within 10 meters of the target? Or make it a ground target AoE like the ranger suppress. Or make it a 5 meter wide by 30 meter long rectangle shape effect that radiates outward from the confessor like a fire wave. Anything to make it require some aiming and skill.  

Highly mobile, high dps, ranged classes should not also have the best area effect CC in the game.  They should have next to no CC.  Area effect CC belongs on tanks.

Of the 5 categories of effectiveness (range, mobility/escapes, CC, dps/hps, and durability), no class should be good at more than 3.

Really hoping 5.3 brings a more level playing field.

Edited by durenthal

1 hour ago, Blaise said:

I had the same thing happen to me a few tests back, it basically locked me out of the server for the remainder of the test...very bad bug...sad!

The current server map may be too large for the population. Even with 60+ people online the fights were few and far between and I saw 3-5 new players asking where they could go to get fights. Bloodbath solved this issue in regards to the size, and the siege test map seemed built for constant action based around sieging.  Perhaps future iterations can return to a smaller map with localized resource hubs.

Edited by Scorn
Added 2nd section

1 hour ago, Scorn said:

I had the same thing happen to me a few tests back, it basically locked me out of the server for the remainder of the test...very bad bug...sad!

The current server map may be too large for the population. Even with 60+ people online the fights were few and far between and I saw 3-5 new players asking where they could go to get fights. Bloodbath solved this issue in regards to the size, and the siege test map seemed built for constant action based around sieging.  Perhaps future iterations can return to a smaller map with localized resource hubs.

the fights were and far between because people the majority of people were on your faction. 12-14 were on Balance, cant remember exactly what Destrin said exactly and 17 were on Chaos, I did the /who myself on that one. meaning the rest were Order.... and when you go out and get smacked by a large group a few times you tend to change your tactics and try to maneuver around them so you don't keep running into that big group.

This entire test is gimped for anyone that has joined in the last 2 months. The training and spirit banks of those that have been on for 9 months is insane. with my sad 1 month of training basic armor vs basic armor basic weaps vs basic weaps I got wrecked by a myrm in a duel. not only did it burn through my standard bearer but also both of my other HoTs and my armor of faith. literally the only difference was 9 months of training vs 1. Everyone complains SB is op but apparently not if it can be wrecked by a basic weapon.

1 hour ago, Extintor said:

I'm chaos. Trying to claim the fort in 2765 , 2163 belonging to balance I get the message "Hold time requirement not met" so I can't claim the fort.

Sounds silly but I can't remember where it was but one of the forts had 2 thrones on it. We realized later that it was the smaller throne that we had to claim.

6 hours ago, Scorn said:

I thought the size of the map was fine. I mean, the goal is to eventually test a more complete game loop in this map. If all we wanted was to test combat all night long nonstop, then yea. I can see how Bloodbath would be the best choice. But it wasn't really difficult to find the other guilds for fights last night. All the action still seems to be concentrated around the central area with the 3 POIs and forts.

Still hoping to test a real siege fight sometime this weekend, just seems like a lot of effort carrying all the mats from the center of the map to the edges just to build the walls and/or catapults. Since keeps offer no benefits, they should have at least left the chests with the needed materials near the catapults. 

The server lag right now is so bad that some of us can't even perform LMB or other combos - however if you are going to restart the server in a way that results in a wipe please give us at least 2 hours of notice! :(

Some feedback:

1) If a faction (say, Order) caps a fort, once the 30 min timer expires that same faction (Order) can go back and recap that same fort they already own. Thus resetting the timer and preventing another faction from being able to cap it. I'm going to go ahead and assume this is not an intended feature of the capture mechanic. 

2) The respawn mechanic feels too clunky. When you die, your map should open up and allow you to click and choose where you want to respawn: either your beachhead, or any fort/keep currently owned by your faction. 

3) I have a feeling the 3-faction ruleset is going to be very, very friendly  to "the zerg". A bunch of factors contribute to this: lack of friendly fire, lack of strong AoE damage, nerfs to aurora emitter, and the ease of respawning and coming back to the action in less than a minute if your faction owns many of the forts on the map (which they should if it's already the largest faction). Maybe that's acceptable for the 3-faction ruleset, but something to keep in mind for future rulesets. Respawning in particular needs to be balanced very carefully. In hotly contested areas around the map's major POIs, being able to get back into the fight in less than a minute should not be a thing. There should be a certain finality to dying in these fights. Specially because you need to kill one enemy at a time due to the lack of strong AoE. 

Cartography feedback:

Currently a scrawled map reveals the following on use:

IuMTxbe.png

[8 small cells...i assume this is meant to be 9 and went weird/position issue]

I understand you will be adding stats [e.g. by the scout discipline or perhaps skill training etc] that can increase this - but to what extent is unknown.

The current map has about 640 small cells in total

Filling out the map - for a single user - would take ~80 crafted maps

A single map requires:

10  prem ore
4    prem wood
3    hide
3    wood

With a 52% final assembly success chance

[and various other success chance on the other parts across multiple skills: 77, 77, 77, 95, 95, 95]

The resource cost to capture the Tyranny map to trade to a single other user - accounting for 100% and 50% final success - is: 

Dyg5ARf.png

[ignores various 77% sub component success]

You are unable to see what distance will be captured around your position before you scrawl the map.

Once you have scrawled a map there is no capacity to add a note or other indication about what it contains.

I don't know if blank or scrawled maps can stack.

No stat variety from components or wildcards or experimentation phases.

Conclusions and suggestion

In its current form: I don't see why I would craft maps and share with a single other user. I could just run the map and screen shot my world map to share instead.

My suggestion is to return to your initial idea of a 'field camp' or 'commander tent' with maps being shared to faction or guild rather than single users

- You run the map and scrawl

- You return to a faction commander tent - preferably inside a keep [not beachhead]

- You deposit scrawled maps inside the tent

- Your faction or guild can then visit the tent to either view only at the keep or copy the map snapshots to their own world maps [there could be a minor resource cost to copy the maps at the tent e.g. ink etc]

Additional implications:

- make it so if the keep that contains the tent is captured - the scrawled map elements are lost for people that have not physically visited that area.

- you can capture map information from enemy keeps and tents you capture and makes keep part of map vision control [or just destroyed rather than taken]

- (just generally - perhaps when an enemy takes a keep that restores fog of war in a radius around the captured fortification to the faction that lost it?)

Edited by Tinnis

When hitting a tree of life on myrmidon the LMB combo wasn't working. It seemed to do the first attack in the combo repeatedly with a longer delay in between hits. 

You can also see how the siege timer bugs and stays at 29:59. The 5 minute timer once you plant the bane tree often bugs at 4:59 as well. 

Not sure if it matters but I was using some axes that were ~ 4 months old before the PCM issues started. IIRC I used some maces from that era too and the same thing happened. I THINK I also used basic weapons with the same result as well. Can't find clips of that though. Other people were reporting some ability lag and general wonkiness when hitting the tree of life. 

Here's a screenshot of the old weapons I was using (until they broke!):

unknown.png

Video:

Edited by blazzen

42 minutes ago, blazzen said:

myrm LMB

speaking of Myrm LMB:

i assume the 'taste for blood' passive received a similar side effect nerf as natures avatar did - due to the 40% damage bonus stat cap - when the power initially had a +75% damage bonus.

Taste for Blood, which has a high chance to proc a 20-second buff any time the Myrmidon hits a bleeding target. This buff grants the Myrmidon a 75% damage bonus to his left-click basic attack whenever he damages a bleeding target.

Can we even bleed trees or catapults?