Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wings, The Only Thing That Matters.

bahamutkaiser

So, I see a lot of discussion about the Fae Assassin being... an Assassin (and sexism >.>), but um, there this elephant in the room.

crowfall_1.jpg

So how does this apply to gameplay?, flight, aerial combat, other aerial options.

What do yal think, my main this is I love flying stuff... and I better not hear another person mentioning saddling a dragon, damn ijuts...

I'm hoping they find a way to include a complex interaction with flight in battle, none of the self limiting nonsense and timed flight, but genuine freedom of flight with strategic advantages and various counters and methods to address it in game.

Edited by BahamutKaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I would not mind if thar is flying mounts or flying in general i personally love it. Guess we will find out soon enough what this sin can do :P

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

I'd be happy with extensive ground flight as well, not that it replaces flight, but I'm hoping she gets some wicked ground maneuvers involving her wings and lunges.

As an Assassin Archetype, she's bound to have poor armor, the flight further implicates that, and I don't think it's appropriate for her to be doing superior damage to anyone just because she's an assassin... she's using daggers and she's small... if using daggers is the secret to wrecking face, them templars and centaurs need to get on that... Instead it would be awesome if she had some skills that allow her to circle strafe/lunge with assistance from her wings so she could suddenly move to the right or left side of a target in front of her. If she does it twice, she's all the way behind them, this kind of agile use of mobility is a particularly good feature in an action game where aggression and abilities have to be manually directed. Certain Archetypes which might rely on directional control like a shield user would have a horrendous time fighting against this technique in a duel...

Crowfall_FaeAssassin1Gameplay12.jpg

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

There are a lot of discussion about that wings. But i realized that in the zombieville art she don't have wings. Active/passive displays of the wings?Crowfall_ZombieVilleConcept.jpg

Also we already have a fae, a centaur and a stone-dwarf?. Also in the arts there are a Champion (like 3-4 meters tall), a hamster? and a Elken (deerlike). With all this I expect a passive race movement tags, like more movement for centaurs (posibility to carry other palyers?), short fligths for faes, etc

There are a lot of discussion about that wings. But i realized that in the zombieville art she don't have wings. Active/passive displays of the wings?Crowfall_ZombieVilleConcept.jpg

Also we already have a fae, a centaur and a stone-dwarf?. Also in the arts there are a Champion (like 3-4 meters tall), a hamster? and a Elken (deerlike). With all this I expect a passive race movement tags, like more movement for centaurs (posibility to carry other palyers?), short fligths for faes, etc

They stated there wouldn't be centaur riding....unfortunately.  :angry:

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

They stated there wouldn't be centaur riding....unfortunately.  :angry:

I mean that could be taken really dirty but I know what you mean :P 

In terms of the wings...honestly If they are just for "mount" reasons...im perfectly ok with my mount being wings.

Arial combat has never been a big deal to me, maybe Aion killed it for me?

Twitter - Youtube - I make gaming content and commentary!

In terms of the wings...honestly If they are just for "mount" reasons...im perfectly ok with my mount being wings.

LOL

I was referring to riding them as mounts.  :lol:

Edited by vVe

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

Hopefully wings allow the class to get to higher places then your typical player to allow them to perch them from above.

okay, probably game breaking, however I hope they have a function other than to look cutesy.

All great stuff.

I noticed that Banner a well, I should have posted it. it seems she can dismiss and summon wings at some point, but I'm satisfied that the screenshots all had wings, with her and the griffon, even on the ground, so I'm hoping they make it a constant part of her character, that she only removes for her own benefit, like not getting hit by arrows easily.

I know exactly how you feel, I was around for Aions announcement too, and I didn't even bother to play, they started out talking about interactive and reactive gameplay, than they revealed it was a purely tank and spank WoW clone with wings... the "interactive and reactive" combat was confirmed to be just how you interact with PvPvE conquest... *facepalm.

Than the flight, in a game which is all about being angels and demons, was turned into a weak timed feature where you wings were on and off even though your divine... and the aerial combat was just kind of tacked on to their lame tank and spank content... I was like, "let me not punish myself, I don't want to que sequences again".

So I'm hoping Crowfall can get everything right with one or few flying characters, where a game all about winged characters failed. By making a genuine and superfluous part of the Fae Assassin, they can set new standards for flight gameplay and strategic asymmetry, so players can exercise different gameplay and methods of attack during play.

This is where we say we want all the flight, it's early, they may adopt more flight intensity if enough people support it. So tell em you want's all the flight :3

And don't apologize for the feature either, it can be implemented and woven into the gameplay if they want to work on it, just tell them it's worth it!

Edited by BahamutKaiser

Flying, while cool, takes away so many things from a game like this (in my mind). Things like terrain advantages, city walls, and just the environment/world in general gets smaller / has less of an impact. I'd be unbelievably shocked if player flying in any way was in the game.

As for wings, I think doing things like creating gusts of wind, to debuff movement / knock down opponents, "slow fall" ability - take less damage from fall damage / negate it completely are skills/things that we could potentially see.

Edited by WonderBread

Flying, while cool, takes away so many things from a game like this (in my mind). Things like terrain advantages, city walls, and just the environment/world in general gets smaller / has less of an impact. I'd be unbelievably shocked if player flying in any way was in the game.

It would be true, if everyone could fly. If it's just assassin, it should be fine. Since assassins will propably be weaker in combat, flying could give them more options and utility. For example, Fae could be the only race that can fly above the walls and open the gate from the inside.

Hmmmm... I dunno I would prefer the flight to be more limited, full on aerial battles sound like problem to me (the legionnaire might not get in on any of the action), some short flying and dashes I'm completely fine with. as for mounts, I've never been a fan of winged mounts as I've always felt that they take away the exploration aspect of mmorpgs, I mean I can already see the whole landscape beneath me.  -_-  

I am however thoroughly intrigued by the concept of combat with wings, I would love to see some razor sharp feather shooting and some wing slaps.  ^_^

I'd like to see aerial attacks but make them limited. Also, they can be used to access special parts of the map/world that other archetypes can't. 

I am however thoroughly intrigued by the concept of combat with wings, I would love to see some razor sharp feather shooting and some wing slaps.  ^_^

I agree with the combat wings, those are pretty cool.

I'm not thinking aerial combat as it pertains to bombarding ground foes, I'm mostly interested in how aerial units fight each other, depending on the battlefield environment, maybe they could do some ranged attacks against the ground, but in general, I think ground based ranged is going to be way more threatening to aerial units than aerial ranged is going to be to ground units.

I have a deep system in mind... but I'm trying not to fill the forums with more ideas than people want...

CF_WallpaperHD_2.jpg

Edited by bahamutkaiser