Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kcing

Best Way to post Videos

So I made 2 bug videos, uploaded them to YouTube, posted the URL in the bug form for the Devs. Then I made a combat video and posted the URL on Discord and my web site. All is good except when people look at my combat video sometimes there shown the bug videos also and I don't want this. I want the bug videos to only be shown on the CrowFall form and not to the public. Any help or link to the proper way to post videos would be great. This is all very new to me.

Also If I just delete the videos on YouTube, how will that affect the post bug post I made?

Thanks

Edited by Kcing

2 minutes ago, Yumx said:

You can change under video administration in your YouTube account, that some videos are 'hidden' meaning only people with the link can see it (then you post the link in a thread here on the forum). 

OK Done.  Thanks

2 hours ago, Kcing said:

OK Done.  Thanks

you need to use the "unlisted" option for your bug videos

looking at the bug thread you set it to "private" instead:

which means only you can see it via your logged in youtube account. [so need to fix that if you want them to see your bug video again]

unlisted will be direct url only (which you can share with people/forum) and won't appear on your channel, suggestions or by youtube search

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

5 hours ago, Tinnis said:

you need to use the "unlisted" option for your bug videos

looking at the bug thread you set it to "private" instead:

which means only you can see it via your logged in youtube account. [so need to fix that if you want them to see your bug video again]

unlisted will be direct url only (which you can share with people/forum) and won't appear on your channel, suggestions or by youtube search

Thanks. Hopefully I got it right this time and from now on.

6 hours ago, blazzen said:

Yeah I always make bug videos unlisted. Everyone knows alpha's have bugs but there's no reason to advertise them. 

tbh i also unlist my gameplay videos after X months too [but retain forum links and a public 'archive' playlist list on my channel, but wont pop up on casual youtube suggestions or searches....]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Do I need to get a youtube account to post a video?  I've never done this before but wanted to post a bug video.  I captured it via nvidia shadowplay/SHARE and edited it but not sure how to post it.  Any help appreciated.

18 minutes ago, Noquid said:

Do I need to get a youtube account to post a video?  I've never done this before but wanted to post a bug video.  I captured it via nvidia shadowplay/SHARE and edited it but not sure how to post it.  Any help appreciated.

Yes, you need an account, after that it shouldn't be too difficult to upload videos