Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doomshadow

Mining Gems

At this point I am primarily an explorer/gatherer, secondarily a crafter, and third a pvp'er. I admittedly am not great with the current pvp system even though I like pvp. My computer limits me to around 10-12fps atm so I try to avoid pvp currently.

I still feel there should be a way to harvest gems as a solo player. Gatherers tend to be solo-they are collecting mats so you usually don't see them going around in packs because they are competing for the same resources. The only resource I can currently think of that you have to team up with someone is gems from mother lodes. I definitely understand the need for playing together in this game and I like the idea. But no other gatherer has the same limitation. There are no boulders requiring two people to smash. There are no trees that require two people to cut down. Every resource that I know off can be soloed. I feel there should be a skill or discipline, or even a temporary potion in place that allows the harvesting of mother lodes solo, or at least have a chance for gems to drop(albeit at a lower rate) from solo-able ore.

Minerals drop from stone motherloads just like gems drop from ore motherloads. Minerals are needed in alchemy recipes as a part of the Necromancy crafting (i.e. Philosopher's Solution for Philosopher's Stone for Vessel crafting). The stone motherloads similarly require multiple harvesters and advanced hammers to harvest minerals.

I could see rare gem nodes that spawn. Maybe a once a game month spawn. It would be as though someone found a diamond vein and could obtain a few dozen diamonds.

This could be turned into a POI as well or a separate spawn. Gem mines can exist though I believe it's mostly diamond.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

My thinking is that if someone wanted to focus harvesting wood, or leather from animals or plants(which look like they are coming) they don't have to rely on other players. Only harvesting minerals and gems relies on more than one player. I think there should be an option through training, disciplines or skills that you could harvest those two resources without help.