Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Merchants, Item Transportation, Economy

LifeWolf101

So I have a few questions about the game, as many people here propably, blah blah blah.

So I read allot about the item crafting the skill tree etc and I heared about item decay etc. I'm wondering though, how will these items be transported across the campaign world.

There are of course the resources  which every party would need in order to craft and build. But how will crafters access these resources? I mean, I asume there will be trade markets set up inside the towns, where you can use npcs to sell your items? Will the economy be majorily similar to that of a medieval one, where certain places will be known for their good crafts and quality materials etc and you'd have to move to those places to actually get them? There isn't a global market right?

If I had to name one game that I believe they want to follow, that game would be EvE (specifically talking markets here).  In testing we have "global" banks as a stop gap, but eventually we should have "local" banking/storage; local storage creates local markets.

When you have local storage, it also means that goods are going to have to be transported from resource node to crafting table.  The biggest question I have is how do the goods move from crafting table to merchant/bazaar.  There has been some discussion of neutral NPC cities that are setup to help spur trade, but beyond that we don't know how neutral trade will happen in campaigns.

Inside of the EKs it will be easy to have a neutral market, and a few good ones should rise to the top.  It may be that you can have every type of good in an EK, and that several EKs will have specific types of goods.  We don't know, because part of that is the player meta.

lUvvzPy.png

21 minutes ago, Teufel said:

If I had to name one game that I believe they want to follow, that game would be EvE (specifically talking markets here).  In testing we have "global" banks as a stop gap, but eventually we should have "local" banking/storage; local storage creates local markets.

When you have local storage, it also means that goods are going to have to be transported from resource node to crafting table.  The biggest question I have is how do the goods move from crafting table to merchant/bazaar.  There has been some discussion of neutral NPC cities that are setup to help spur trade, but beyond that we don't know how neutral trade will happen in campaigns.

Inside of the EKs it will be easy to have a neutral market, and a few good ones should rise to the top.  It may be that you can have every type of good in an EK, and that several EKs will have specific types of goods.  We don't know, because part of that is the player meta.

Well they could both increase the value of EK's, and encourage them to be the neutral trading center, with more periodic import/export of items, say 2-5 things a day, but restrict imports to Blue Prints only.

Players would pull a few resources out to EK, find the best crafters they can, get the best BP's they can, and then pull those into a CW to make items out of the raw resources harvested/scavenged from the world.