vkromas

5.2.6 Snaptest Playtest Feedback for September 6, 2017

Please grab the latest LIVE patch client for the 5.2.6 update. You can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

Patch Notes Can Be Found Here

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Need help? Email us! support@crowfall.com

Does this mean that inventories in our Live 5.2.5 "EK's" got wiped?  

Sorry I can't check as I have no internet but my phone for a couple days and can't patch through that - 

Edited by Mayhem_

Moving items back and forth from Local Bank and Inventory has a lag time of several seconds now (about 5).  This was not the case when I first started playing and filled up the Local Bank to mostly full.

Server performance was pretty strong all evening, even with group fights.

I did notice a nasty issue with the sound.  I could hear the movement powers of everyone in my group no matter how far away they were (ie, we had a rat in our beachhead join the group while the rest of us were at a POI and I could hear him move).   For some reason, I could also hear an enemy champion whenever he did a jump power, no matter how far apart we were.  I'd be standing around with no one in sight, then suddenly it sounded like a champion was landing on me.

I really like that you've removed the camera zoom when harvesting.

I really like that you've shrunk the POI resources to a reasonable size for transport since we don't have caravans.

In both 5.2.5 and 5.2.6 I'm getting randomly stuck in place.  Most frequently it's when I brush against a boulder, or start (or finish) harvesting a tree or an ore deposit, though it has happened when trying to use a gate out of my beachhead, and when spawning as a crow after death (posted a video of that in a previous thread).  Waiting 30-90s suddenly snaps me out of it and I can move.

Edited by durenthal

1 hour ago, durenthal said:

I did notice a nasty issue with the sound.  I could hear the movement powers of everyone in my group no matter how far away they were (ie, we had a rat in our beachhead join the group while the rest of us were at a POI and I could hear him move).   For some reason, I could also hear an enemy champion whenever he did a jump power, no matter how far apart we were.  I'd be standing around with no one in sight, then suddenly it sounded like a champion was landing on me.

I really like that you've shrunk the POI resources to a reasonable size for transport since we don't have caravans.

In both 5.2.5 and 5.2.6 I'm getting randomly stuck in place.  Most frequently it's when I brush against a boulder, or start (or finish) harvesting a tree or an ore deposit, though it has happened when trying to use a gate out of my beachhead, and when spawning as a crow after death (posted a video of that in a previous thread).  Waiting 30-90s suddenly snaps me out of it and I can move.

Thanks we're working on the movement/stuck issues (among other things).  Hopefully we nailed all the bugs breaking the campaign loop so we can stick with this Campaign World!

Things seemed to be working pretty well with regards to the ToL and BaneTree portions of sieging. BaneTree damage could be higher though IMO.

I was only able to build and test 2 catapults so far and both had an interesting thing happen. The first two shots of these catapults did RIDICULOUS amounts of damage it seemed. The first blew through the Magic Barrier of the building part I was attacking and the second finished it off.
I destroyed a Gatehouse in TWO shots. Definitely something to be looked at.
Further shots took 6 shots to get through the barrier and >10 shots to blow through all the HP (though holes began much earlier)

Most of the current Catapult abilities seem outdated from a time when it may have been mobile. 
Catapult Aiming seems to have some kind of 'aim assist' in that you can actually increase your range by targeting the 'right' spots on a wall/tower (the part that blows up and creates a spectacle fyi-very satisfying)
I destroyed one Gatehouse during my rampage and it did not explode into pieces as the others had but as one whole piece which popped up into the sky.
Destroying a catapult seemed to render the foundation used unusable which could be tactical... though I may have not stuck around long enough to find out if the hippo respawns during the siege.

The graphic for the Magic Barrier when a building was hit by Catapult did not display much at all. I only noticed it twice in >50 shots and both times were on the same tower. Unsure if it's a universal thing or linked to particular building segments.

Hopefully this is useful and thank you for this snap test intensive.

Edited by Scorn

6 minutes ago, xPastie said:

Cant seem to get my 5.2.6 update to install. its stuck after downloading it in the client. anyone know why or have an idea to fix it ?

Browse to the file location of the launcher, you should see another launcher in there - the Live version. Running that should work.

Rangers :

When putting on a new batch of arrows, or when logging in you are unable to use your "ranged tray", that is you can use your abilities but nothing happens (as my video below illustrates - look at the arrow count).
This issue is fixed by switching to your melee tray, and back.

7 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Rangers :

When putting on a new batch of arrows, or when logging in you are unable to use your "ranged tray", that is you can use your abilities but nothing happens (as my video below illustrates - look at the arrow count).
This issue is fixed by switching to your melee tray, and back.

Saw that the other day with a friend. I pulled 2 bows from the bank and gave them 1. Mine worked while theirs did not...they then traded me that bow and it still wouldn't work for me and the next bow I gave them also didn't work. My original bow worked fine though, we eventually figured it out but were still frustrated and confused.

22 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Browse to the file location of the launcher, you should see another launcher in there - the Live version. Running that should work.

Still getting an error! PLEASE HELP! i dont understand !

error_crowfall.jpg

59 minutes ago, Scorn said:

Saw that the other day with a friend. I pulled 2 bows from the bank and gave them 1. Mine worked while theirs did not...they then traded me that bow and it still wouldn't work for me and the next bow I gave them also didn't work. My original bow worked fine though, we eventually figured it out but were still frustrated and confused.

Its an old bug, just tossing up a reminder since I have no idea if it's on the "DONE" list or not.

so i just tried to download the launcher again ( fresh install ) and im getting the same error as i would if i launched the CFLiveLauncher.exe in my installed game. any idea why im getting this error all of a sudden after trying to install a fresh install or my updated to 5.2.6 ?? so confused on this and i really want to test some more !!! PLEASE HELP SOMEONE

A few tips from last night's test

Please give ToL's more Hitpoints or maybe scale them with the completeness of the keep. ( that would give people an incentive to build them up, like upgrading your tree in SB)

I was able to walk right in and kill a ToL last night solo in a few minutes.

Question

With the hunger shard component always by poi based now or will the ones you get from skinning be used?

I started training the harvesting skill when I realized we needed them. I'm only training it for sieging. Will it revert back to regular hunger shards or will you keep it poi specific?

5 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

A few tips from last night's test

Please give ToL's more Hitpoints or maybe scale them with the completeness of the keep. ( that would give people an incentive to build them up, like upgrading your tree in SB)

I was able to walk right in and kill a ToL last night solo in a few minutes.

yea, I feel like trees of life as well as fort walls need to be more durable. It should take at least a full team of 5 to take those down in any decent amount of time. Otherwise there's very little incentive to spend the time building them up. 

Also if this Tyranny map is to be used on Live as the first campaign world, holding a keep throughout the campaign should probably have some sort of advantage. Like premium resources spawning inside for the faction that owns it. Otherwise sieging keeps will only matter at the end of the campaign when the tug of war is tallied in the final countdown. Keeps are too far from the main POI action to serve as waypoints or useful respawn locations. 

12 hours ago, durenthal said:

I tried reproducing the sound error you mentioned. We tried it with a group using movement powers as you described. Do you have any more details or reproduction steps that you can recall?

1 hour ago, Stumpstuff said:

I tried reproducing the sound error you mentioned. We tried it with a group using movement powers as you described. Do you have any more details or reproduction steps that you can recall?

I have video!  I'll do it up and send it to you.  Edit: sent privately.

Edited by durenthal