Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtoddcoleman

02/06/15 - Day 5: Hunger Week Concludes!

On a serious note, looks good, I would just suggest changing the lower leg and feet, seem pointy, reminds me of a mob from Path of Exile ( the legs and feet anyway )

Or am I missing something, as winter approaches they are suppose to have ice growing out the bottom of their feet?

Edited by sarin

Flex's unpopular statement

Got nothing against you asking, and I can't speak for the devs, but I read his statement as all that echo chamber, hype train, flame war stuff you were talking about? That's what made it brutal. Imagine something you are so passionate about, and you know, as soon as you post some of it, somebody is gonna call it s***. They're gonna tear it apart and call it stupid. All the fanboi love can't counter that.

That was my assumption at least.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

It's always awesome for development teams to take us through their processes. I really enjoy the art work and the the challenges to implement a driving force such as "the hunger". It's such a cool idea that opens the door of possibilities including artwork and overall design.

Questions:

1. Will hunger start to affect your character model as well?

2. Will the hunger affect the "structures" or buildings that are player created?

3. What about in game gear such as weapons and armor?

Like I said the hunger is an amazing concept that not only opens up the player and world experience but can also changes game design. It opens up the possibility of creativity that other MMOs are not really able to do! I guess the real question is, what doesn't the hunger effect?

Got nothing against you asking, and I can't speak for the devs, but I read his statement as all that echo chamber, hype train, flame war stuff you were talking about? That's what made it brutal. Imagine something you are so passionate about, and you know, as soon as you post some of it, somebody is gonna call it s***. They're gonna tear it apart and call it stupid. All the fanboi love can't counter that.

That was my assumption at least.

That's an interesting consideration.  Tully answered what was meant by it, though the actual answer may be more complex.  Still, there's something to be gained from your post.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Pretty awesome! I'm excited to see how much dang progress is already done.

I think in the Hunger transformation ... the shift from phase 1 to 2 is too dramatic.

I'm pretty excited too, many of their ideas now are really concrete drawings, plans, concepts.

I agree also on the second point : I find the shift from the first phase to the second a little drastic.

What if the Hunger could infect players? Cold blue crystals popping out off your wound after a battle with the infected creatures. The Hunger`s hold over you keeps getting stronger as the time passes. Your eyes starting to glow strangely... And the only way to stop it is to drink some potion or do some cleansing ritual.

Maybe, in the preview of the character creation appears a stat of hunger resistance

This one reminds me of another mysterious force:

vlcsnap-16139291.png

Early on I threw out Princess Mononoke as a cool reference point for corruption taking over the creatures. I think lots of games have gone with "creepy black goop" already so we wanted to do something a little more colorful.

Great movie though!

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

That cat is so cool, HAHAHAHA BECAUSE WINTER AND ICE AND-- I'm sorry. For real though, it's epic, especially it's huge nasty mouth. I can't wait to admire it in-game, probably while it's mauling my face off. That said, I like the winter gryphon concept better tbh, even though we haven't see the model yet... but I'm heavily biased. Gryphons are my favoritist mythological monsters ever.

I'm thrilled to see one of my long time favorite artist's (Theus) creature concepts coming to life in a game that I actually really, really want to play, thanks to the hard work of the 3d artists. They are doing a great job, overall, of keeping the models in line with the concept art (especially the mobs). I was delighted to hear that Theus was working on this project. It was a nice little surprise after being lead here previously, before she even revealed her involvement with the game, by the late, great, Massively (RIP sweet prince).

I have to say, so far you devs at Artcraft are doing an amazing job of fanning the hype flames before your crowdfunding campaign. These forums are buzzing every day, even with no in-game footage released yet, and it's barely been a month. You lost some people, sure, but you've gained others. I think Crowfall stands a very good chance of hitting it out of the park when the crowdfunding campaign rolls around. Few other studios have ramped up the community so successfully before they opened the fundgates like this. 

Keep that info coming devs, don't let the hype die down too much before the timer ends. We are hungry little birds and we always want mooaaarrrrrr!

Edited by emralled

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png

On a serious note, looks good, I would just suggest changing the lower leg and feet, seem pointy, reminds me of a mob from Path of Exile ( the legs and feet anyway )

Or am I missing something, as winter approaches they are suppose to have ice growing out the bottom of their feet?

This is the Winter version.  The spikes on the feet will be buried 4-5 inches in snow.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

I know it's probably too late but can the team at Artcraft make some of the later Winter versions look more like the animals they are supposed to represent? To me stuff like the griffin and cat look nothing at all like what a ice-zombie version would look like. I don't really understand how the head shape and legs can also change so much. Let alone the cat growing horns. Maybe just try to stick to creature and model them as if they were infected but still the same basic animal. An infected tiger shouldn't turn into a weird bug type alien creature, just maybe deteriorated and covered in ice. That being said, ice should be strategically placed and not in random places because it is hard to follow what animal they were once.
    The cat and the griffin look really similar and it kinda worries me that everything in Winter will look like that, weird red alien bloody creatures with random ice covered heads. For the sabre-cat maybe make the ice form like a mane or something instead of a weird pokemon style alien. The head of a creature is a main part that will differentiate it from other organisms and when you cover it in an ice cube its hard to see what it is. The ice zombie seemed fine since I could see, it is clearly still a zombie but if I do this (image below) it is kinda hard to see what it is. Seems like a good premise and theme but the change seems too sudden by season and drastic from what it originally was.

B9MvUorCMAErCYi.png