Pre-Alpha 5 Live for September - Official discussion thread

an image gallery of some of the environment shown

also edge of map will be a "beach" parcel with a sea

also this:

opera_2017-09-12_17-33-15.png

they would like to add more ambient sounds 

weather will be server driven and also can trigger based on parcel type too

Edited by Tinnis

Jon I thought that was a very good presentation. It was professional enough to get the interesting points across the communication gap, but laid back enough to feel like a fireside chat with friends.

I really could play Crowfall with the environment the way it is right now, but I'm glad ya'll are paying attention to the details that give us a living world with added interest and panoramic intrigue.

From my perspective I wouldn't spend too much time on nighttime mode going for that survival game feel of total blackness. This is a PvP game and while it might be fun for immersion to traipse around in the dark with a torch, the first time I got my teeth kicked in by a player I can't see, but who can see me just fine, I'm immediately reaching for that Gamma slider every time the environment cycles to full night. Sorry but I ain't giving up any advantages in a full loot world with a complex and time consuming crafting system. Unless of course you just wanted torches to give us night vision, radar, and power buffs for the sake of a different game play experience only. But more complicated systems would be needed for us to shoot and hack each other in a green glow, and your development time is precious right now.           

Also it seems to me like you have matured into a master of the Unity Engine, maybe I have it wrong and you always were, but I took note of what seemed like more confidence in your comportment when talking about your part in making Crowfall. 

Everything about the environment is looking so sexy. Can't wait to see all this new stuff in game. New trees are great too, breathing a lot more life into CF

It would be nice to have dungeons to explorer.

There should be abilities in game to temporarily control the weather.

Edited by frozenshadow