Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zeonx

Not Gonna Sugar Coat It, Day 5 = Huge Let Down.

I was honestly expecting much more than repeating what you told us in the previous updates. This update is no different from the Gryphon/zombie pictures we were already given.

Not saying I don't appreciate everything you did give us, I just feel like we heard the same things over and over and today was absolutely nothing new.

Edited by Zeonx

Meh, while I appreciate daily information drops, I feel like most things throughout the week were you guys saying the same thing, with the exception of a FEW reveals. The first day we got so much information, the rest (minus the archetype reveals/funding info/FAQ update even tho half the FAQ was copy pasta from a previous update) was just you showing the same concept of the Hunger taking over an NPC. The end of it all you give us a 42 second video, with 28 seconds of 'Crowfall' logo's, 10 seconds of a 3d look at an idle animation, and 4 seconds of a static image of the concept banner.

I was hoping for more too, since its FRIDAY! TGIF, but tbh, I miss Monday.

Edited by WonderBread

Friday's update is potentially the most important of all.  They showed a 3D mode with animation, and a taste of the music they are making for the game.

That was more finished product reveal than in any other day of Hunger Week, plus the Devs claim they are running out of stuff to reveal.

It's coming.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I was honestly expecting much more than repeating what you told us in the previous updates. This update is no different from the Gryphon/zombie pictures we were already given.

Not saying I don't appreciate everything you did give us, I just feel like we heard the same things over and over and today was absolutely nothing new.

Well, they did give us the first glimpse of a 30 FPS animation.

Edited by nehemia

Friday's update is potentially the most important of all.  They showed a 3D mode with animation, and a taste of the music they are making for the game.

That was more finished product reveal than in any other day of Hunger Week, plus the Devs claim they are running out of stuff to reveal.

It's coming.

What? The Templar in game shots with a graveyard, npcs lurking about, and a forest/tree environment wasn't a more 'finished product reveal' than a simple idle animation shown for 10 seconds? 

It's coming.

+1

They fully explained the mechanic in day 1 and 2, and were like "poorly made socks, now what?".

Hopefully we get combat week next :P

Edited by Helix

Um, the Hunger isn't very complicated, which means there wasn't much to offer anyway. In fact, the first day of the Hunger was pretty much it, I mean what were you expecting the last reveal to be? There is literally nothing else show.

7lXqKFL.gif

Some people just aren't going to be happy, no matter what the devs put out. A few weeks ago, not enough content drops, everyday this whole week we get them and still something to complain about. Cut them some slack, they are working super hard with limited resources and manpower.

#gamerentitlement

Um, the Hunger isn't very complicated, which means there wasn't much to offer anyway. In fact, the first day of the Hunger was pretty much it, I mean what were you expecting the last reveal to be? There is literally nothing else show.

What about the meaning of Hunger Resistance? Or possibly effects on the world that aren't purely visual? There is a lot they could have told us. 

What about the meaning of Hunger Resistance? Or possibly effects on the world that aren't purely visual? There is a lot they could have told us. 

That's the point.  They are teasing us.  But we don't need them to tell us in order to know.  They already left us the pieces of the puzzle for us to learn the rest.

They already told us The Hunger is a world destruction mechanic (reset), so we can naturally assume resources will become scarcer (Either because they were limited to begin with, or because they supply less during later phases of the game.  The Devs are assigning Winter to The Hunger takeover.  When it is winter, we become Hungry.  Giant sabercats become Hungry and eat us.

Hunger Resistance could be one of the following:

• Resistance gear specific to Hunger based mobs and attacks.
  • Prolongs the time we can stay in Hunger haunted areas.
  • Resistance to conversion from Hunger hating player to temporary Hunger loyal servant?  So Hungry.

It is our mission to speculate during the weekends.  There will be a new archetype reveal this Tuesday and Thursday (It has already become a pattern, since the Centaur Legionnaire, they have made nonstop Archetype reveals every Tuesday/Thursday).  Let's make the best of this period.

There is still so much we have not talked about.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

We reshuffled our original plan slightly to give you more information earlier in the week rather than later. If by doing so we set the expectation that day 5 would be a cataclysmic drop of more information, then I'm sorry. 

Today's post is pretty substantial, however. It's the first time we've shown you an game model animated and a snippet of our OST! 

There's a lot more information to come, but there's still almost 18 days to go. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

We reshuffled our original plan slightly to give you more information earlier in the week rather than later. If by doing so we set the expectation that day 5 would be a cataclysmic drop of more information, then I'm sorry. 

Today's post is pretty substantial, however. It's the first time we've shown you an game model animated and a snippet of our OST! 

There's a lot more information to come, but there's still almost 18 days to go. 

Cant wait!  :wub:

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

It's cool ya'll. The name of the 'week' should have been the clue. They are showing off the Hunger stuff. We still have a few weeks of 'reveals' left. If I might interpret some of the compaints (and this is my pout as well), it's that we don't care as much about stuff like animations and hair color as we do about how EK will work, multiple characters per account, what specific kind of pvp rulesets can we have in our EK kingdom, explanations of import and export rules, more info on the crafting system, what kind of loot system is in each world, is there free movement between campaigns, etc and so on.

Personally, I'd like to know about the game's framework before I know about the art assets. Not to say I'm not interested in the art or anything else. It's just less interesting at this point than the other stuff. The meat and potatoes.

eEvERiW.jpg