vkromas

5.2.8 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports

14 hours ago, PaleOne said:

@vkromas

Is 5.28 only coming to West?

East is still named 5.27

Yeah this is a bit confusing. I believe we've left the East campaign up and did not start a new campaign for that server, but West is brand new one. I can get more clarification momentarily.

Update: East may still say 5.2.7 but it is in fact updated to 5.2.8. 

Had a lot of crashes when trying to enter the campaign. Finally got in and played around the temple to harvest mats and craft my first set of basic armor, but then crashed again when I ventured off a bit. I have a bunch of crash reports, where do I send them?

48 minutes ago, vkromas said:

Yeah this is a bit confusing. I believe we've left the East campaign up and did not start a new campaign for that server, but West is brand new one. I can get more clarification momentarily.

Update: East may still say 5.2.7 but it is in fact updated to 5.2.8. 

Might just be the label-- let us know before you bring it down as I have a ton a equipment I need to spirit bank

40 minutes ago, RJStrange said:

Had a lot of crashes when trying to enter the campaign. Finally got in and played around the temple to harvest mats and craft my first set of basic armor, but then crashed again when I ventured off a bit. I have a bunch of crash reports, where do I send them?

Send them in to support@crowfall.com please!

2 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Might just be the label-- let us know before you bring it down as I have a ton a equipment I need to spirit bank

Yeah from what I understand we can't relabel a campaign after it has started; this is currently being investigated.

Bug:  local bank interactions take longer and longer each time you perform them until you log off.  When I first login, it's very snappy.  By the time I can't stand it any long and have to relog to fix it (200 transactions over 2 hours), it can take upwards of 6 or 7 seconds for a local bank transaction (deposit, withdrawal, stack combine or stack split) to take effect.   Framerate also drops significantly when I have a local bank open.  My framerate sits between 55 and 60 on the current map, but drops to 22 when I have the local bank open.

Please add a way to get advanced hides (other than r1 boars and cats).  In previous builds trade chests dropped leather - they currently do not.   It would be REALLY nice if you gave us R5 boars and cats (outside the beachhead of course) instead of these constant R1 ones, as well.

Finally, I saw some huge msg lag spikes on 5.2.8 WEST today.. more than 6000ms, on multiple occasions.  Haven't seen that for a few months; thought you'd fixed it.

Edited by durenthal

16 hours ago, Arkade said:

You guys probably already know this, but Blood Pact is awful.

7 hours ago, Tofyzer said:

Doesnt happen in my Templar! It might be related to a specific duelist power or that machine gun bug.

5 hours ago, Arkade said:

Last I checked on the Templar, it takes too much HP per cast. I just can't see anyone using it in its current form.

While the templar and duelist both use pips, their spending mechanics differ.

The templar spends one pip at a time.

The duelist's class pip spending powers consume *all* pips, which scales the effect of the power.

My guess is it is consuming *all* of the player's health via blood pact because of this spending mechanic interacting with health as the resource.

I would assume a duelist using a *discipline* power under the effect of bloodpact would therefore not experience this one shot death - and would have the usual 250 hp or 500 hp consumption per pip or whatever it is these days.

Take a look at this footage of ranger ray cast hit box:

Balance Ranger attempts to attack Chaos Confessor, yet the Order Tree of Life hitbox snags all the arrows irrespective of reticle position....

My math so far supports the concept that animals in 'Hunger' drop Hunger shards at a higher level, but when testing this out I found an Hunger Shard drop with no tool tip. Not sure if its just on HellCats or not.

LkqLIrp.png

General: 

• Eating a golden apple dont recover the same exact amount on the food meter.

Disciplines:

• Blade Master: Blood Prince's blood orbs semi-burrow on ground (tested on boars zone), impossible to pick.
  • Burning Hatred: Fae Wisp orbs semi-burrow on ground (like Blood Prince's blood orbs bug above) but can me picked most of time.
  • Rune Caster: Sanctuary dome FX dont display during entire abilitie duration, also dome is too shorter than buffed area.

Templar:

• Righteous Stand (Parry): After animation disengage, combat movement speed gets too slow (happens very often).  
  • Ultimate's Soul Power + Holy Warrior: the resource pools of these powers are wrongly the same. Example: I have my C power fully charged, and when i load Holy Warrior to my powers bar, he gets fully charged. He should not be charged when is not load to powers tray. 

Edited by Tofyzer

6 hours ago, Arkade said:

Last I checked on the Templar, it takes too much HP per cast. I just can't see anyone using it in its current form.

This is working fine in Templar, tested on all base abilities.

Is not the same like you had, Self- ONE SHOT :P

Keep getting an error while trying to download.  I've tried downloading the client again and installing fresh, but I still get the same error.

V8rOB5FoonAlEfNL1J0woCTJpE0Eu_Te9LQN-eE3

3 hours ago, Anhrez said:

My math so far supports the concept that animals in 'Hunger' drop Hunger shards at a higher level, but when testing this out I found an Hunger Shard drop with no tool tip. Not sure if its just on HellCats or not.

LkqLIrp.png

Hmmm, there shouldn't be any Hellcat/Boar Hunger shards without weapon crafting additive stats. Thanks for this, I'm adding it to my list of things to investigate. 

2 hours ago, Tronk said:

Keep getting an error while trying to download.  I've tried downloading the client again and installing fresh, but I still get the same error.

V8rOB5FoonAlEfNL1J0woCTJpE0Eu_Te9LQN-eE3

If you could, take a screenshot of the error you're seeing an email it to support@crowfall.com. We'll be able to troubleshoot with you!

Crafting:

• When introducing materials on a recipe, materials can be *multiply* by spamming double clicks, although you cant craft the recipe in the end.  

After death and pulling corpse, equiped runes shows up off location

It seems many thing are showing as higher than the selector area.  That suit of armor is picked up, but the selection box as to where it will drop is way lower than the suit.

LSQQuSk.jpg

\

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Server Connection Issue

• "No Scenarios Found" under Campaign. When I let it spin for 20 or so seconds it will flip to a quick "Loading" then right back to "No Scenarios Found"
  • Took several client restarts to wake my kingdom
  • No error messages given

2ZSyPrJ.jpg

Yesterday, I happened upon an unclaimed keep on the west server.  I had a gold apple so I planted it and a tree sprouted small at first, but then within 10 seconds it had grown quite huge.  It did not push me back out of the circle I wound up getting caught into it and when I logged out all the way to the lobby and back in, i was no longer in it. Possibly needs an initial physics of "wind or push" when the tree becomes full size =).

PS was playing balance.

Regards,

Rhaz