vkromas

5.2.8 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports

Please grab the latest LIVE patch client for the 5.2.8 update. You can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.2.8 Patch Notes

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Are you having problems launching the game or some kind of blocker preventing you from progressing? Please Email us! support@crowfall.com

After downloading the 80mb 5.2.8 patch I click the green arrow and it fails to launch the game. Have tried several times and have atleast 1 other person in voice comms with the same issue

Edit: Now have a 5gb patch that is downloading. will see after

Edited by Venark

Confirm the behavior described by Venark.

Clicking the launch button does not start up the game client.

Selecting the Repair option also does not start up a process.

Downloaded the new Live Patcher, extracted, ran it, it updated, ran CFLiveLauncher.exe, it is now downloading a 5 GB update.

Edited by Grimmel
New action taken

22 minutes ago, Thorns said:

2 Clients both lock up and stop @ 100%

I reported this bug and the workaround for it in 5.2.6

It downloads a new launcher called CFLiveLauncher.exe and puts it in the same folder as the other one but fails to launch it.  Run CFLiveLauncher.exe manually.

I was attacked as I was logging off before the latest patch (I believed I was killed in the process). After downloading the patch I am now just a crow flying over my dead body. I cannot leave the area. When I try I just port back to my dead body. Tried logging off and on again, but still no change.

The hellcats on west are aggressive! I like it!

However, they can see through burrow and they don't seem to leash for a very, very long time (hundreds of meters, out of draw distance of the blue crystals). 

10 players on west currently. Seeing some message ping spikes.  Nothing horrible yet but an eye should be kept on it. I'm normally 90-100 ping to west server and I'm seeing spikes of 250-300 every so often. 

5 hours ago, Unfolded said:

The Druid's Will o' Wisps heal does not heal yourself anymore.

confirmed here too, can someone else verify if Wisp can heal allies still or not?

if you open up the map while a "NOT ENOUGH DODGE POWER" message is present, it becomes stuck on your screen

8 hours ago, Arkade said:

You guys probably already know this, but Blood Pact is awful.

Doesnt happen in my Templar! It might be related to a specific duelist power or that machine gun bug.

So, re: the balance faction, what bugs me about how it works out is, oddball mechanics like these work when they result in a materially different strategy for the oddball, but that's not really happening here.  You still just kill reds and try to capture red properties.  The main difference is that if there's a forced-ally present, and you race them for the cap, there's a win condition and a lose condition for them, whereas there's a win condition and a win-less condition for you.  It'd be nice if non-balance who collaborate on a fort cap basically always get the fort and the keep is basically-guaranteed to whoever threw down the first bane tree.  Putting balance in a position where they have a hard time taking and holding properties would give them different strategies, especially since they don't need to claim many properties to win.

Edited by canvox

2 hours ago, Tofyzer said:

Doesnt happen in my Templar! It might be related to a specific duelist power or that machine gun bug.

Last I checked on the Templar, it takes too much HP per cast. I just can't see anyone using it in its current form.