Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kosef

I Just Want Shadowbane 2 Lol

With every content drop I am wondering more and more who exactly will play this game, it's not going to be the 1500+ SB players so who exactly will be playing it?  He has already lost the attention of most of the Wiz101 playerbase with mild PvP.  The Darkfall clans might be play but I don't think they will stay without competition. 

I want this game to work, I want this game to be the one but every time I see a post get ninja modded or the content drops get farther from SB I lose faith. 

So who exactly is CF for?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Until we know how much of the player conflict and rivalry can extend from one Campaign to the next, I think automatically assuming it will turn out to be impossible/nonexistent is premature.  Just saying the sky isn't necessarily falling yet.

well now...just for the Record, do note i have never even come close to saying the "sky is falling"

what i've been trying to get across is that i think it's needed to shed ANY preconceived notions when it comes to CF, it's NOT going to be any kind of SB...the DNA appears to be handed down in Char Creation somewhat...we can only hope that Sieges are at least as Interesting a Fungasm  as they were in SB...

what i'm understanding so far is that "we are the Crows" is quite the Metaphor...

we, the Players, are scavengers, picking the bones of dead "worlds" (giant sized Arena/Battlegrounds with differing "rule sets",  win conditions and resets) to bring back those shiny "trophies" to "feather" our eternal Nests with... (reminds me of the Guild Halls and trophies in DAoC, untouchable and the trophies gave your guild and sometimes entire Faction, buffs)

so...i don't think the sky is falling by any means....just that i am finding it being required that i shift expectations, which is not a bad thing in and of itself...but is symptomatic of my Concerns about what this Game will turn out to be...

it's asked in this Thread who this Game is for...more and more i am thinking it's for the Battleground Player who wants something more, for the DoTA/LoL etc type Player who wants more depth, for the GW people to find a richer Character building and combat experience...

it's funny, i had always thought of SB as an MMO version of Diablo with moar goodies and less about gear...

now, i'm leaning towards another paradigm completely...that first SB and even more so now with CF, it's the same kind of Idea that Gygax had when he created Chainmail as an evolution from the grognard miniature army combat games.....instead of the "stats" belonging to entire "units", it became about the "individual"...and this lead directly to D&D...

i think SB and now CF are doing the same for the RTS genre...breaking down form Units (fighters, crafters, explorers etc...) to Individuals....

could just be me...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Yeah, it's a macro vs micro scale.  As you said, the difference between playing Warhammer, and D&D.

CF risk/reward layout for the different Planes will determine whether this Campaign idea will work out.  If the most bountiful and best resources are on the Shadowbane world, that's where the big-boys will play.  If they're the exact same on the RvR world, then it just splits the player base in a bad way and makes controlling territory on the SB world illogical.

I don't mind for some of the more PvP-lite players to get their feet wet in a RvR world, but they should also know they're not getting access to the best territory, with the best resources, and the best gear etc.  And if they do manage to get those things, it's by trading or purchasing from a person or guild that actually GvGs in the "main game."

It's selfish, but I hope the game is focused around the "Shadowbane world" being the most important world.

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I dunno, I guess if they would have just marketed this game as a new game brought on by the makers of the old games, and not tie SB or SWG into so much, it wouldn't be a huge let down for me. I'm still interested..not nearly as interested as I was say 10 days ago. With them having the play2crush.com and saying all the key words, not to mention having a SB sub-forum, and all the old faces, I just got caught up in the storm that maybe this would be as close to SB as we would get. Now I think it's not really going to be like it at all, except maybe for the character build customization. Hopefully I'm wrong, but as I get older, the thought of another carbon copy or even somewhat different but 88% (just speaking generally) the same MMO is just not appealing.

The made a shadowbane sub forums so we'd stop using the general discussion for SB related threads. It's all subsequently become where threads go to die even if they aren't related to SB at all.

We're all on the same hype train. I'm sure J Todd and a few others from shadowbane's original crew always liked the term even though it's evolved when not referencing shadowbane. I'm sure they knew that would get a lot of us on board. Just marketing.

well now...just for the Record, do note i have never even come close to saying the "sky is falling"

what i've been trying to get across is that i think it's needed to shed ANY preconceived notions when it comes to CF, it's NOT going to be any kind of SB...the DNA appears to be handed down in Char Creation somewhat...we can only hope that Sieges are at least as Interesting a Fungasm  as they were in SB...

what i'm understanding so far is that "we are the Crows" is quite the Metaphor...

we, the Players, are scavengers, picking the bones of dead "worlds" (giant sized Arena/Battlegrounds with differing "rule sets",  win conditions and resets) to bring back those shiny "trophies" to "feather" our eternal Nests with... (reminds me of the Guild Halls and trophies in DAoC, untouchable and the trophies gave your guild and sometimes entire Faction, buffs)

so...i don't think the sky is falling by any means....just that i am finding it being required that i shift expectations, which is not a bad thing in and of itself...but is symptomatic of my Concerns about what this Game will turn out to be...

it's asked in this Thread who this Game is for...more and more i am thinking it's for the Battleground Player who wants something more, for the DoTA/LoL etc type Player who wants more depth, for the GW people to find a richer Character building and combat experience...

it's funny, i had always thought of SB as an MMO version of Diablo with moar goodies and less about gear...

now, i'm leaning towards another paradigm completely...that first SB and even more so now with CF, it's the same kind of Idea that Gygax had when he created Chainmail as an evolution from the grognard miniature army combat games.....instead of the "stats" belonging to entire "units", it became about the "individual"...and this lead directly to D&D...

i think SB and now CF are doing the same for the RTS genre...breaking down form Units (fighters, crafters, explorers etc...) to Individuals....

could just be me...

I actually hated Chainmail and D&D but I loved AD&D, 3rd, 3.5, 4th and D&D Next.  No offense to the Dev Team but you can't fairly compare them to the Father of Modern Tabletop Gaming, CF better change the way MMO's are built before that praise is tossed on.

I will still probably throw some money on the CF Founders Packs (maybe for extra skins) but not for the sake of this game, more as a sign of respect for SB than whatever this is becoming. 

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Bunch of idiots that can't maintain focus for a thread, talking about some wonderful game no one cares about and so on.  I remember when I could slap you around and take all your poorly made socks until you quit, and then watch you squeal.  That's what kept me coming back.  Not listening to inane dribble on forums.  Too bad that won't be possible on this game.  

Gotta share our game infos & tweet each other on smite and then brag about spending monies.  atta boy.

Oh bry...

Eh...Surprised he lasted this long. Guess we're pretty tempered in our old age. Devs should probably just hire him so they don't mess this up. Personally..thinking we all got click baited. "Play2crush"...lol.

Play2psuedocrush

wiDfyPp.png

Did I miss something the devs said? So far, it looks good to me. What's all the doom and gloom about? The last page of posts sound like a "CN will take over the server" thread, with everyone resigned to their fates.

CF_Van.png

Did I miss something the devs said? So far, it looks good to me. What's all the doom and gloom about? The last page of posts sound like a "CN will take over the server" thread, with everyone resigned to their fates.

What do you like about this game?  I wanna compare lists with somebody who is on the fence to test my logic. 

wiDfyPp.png

• The rune system for character creation looks good.
  • I get to burn people's houses down.
  • I like the idea of a player-driven server progression.
  • I like that every server up is a different experience.
  • I haven't seen a dev post anything that makes me cringe.
  • Dividing server by rule sets keeps the carebears paying, which in turn keeps the good servers from being unplugged.
  • I get to burn people's houses down.
  • Go to line 1.

Run

CF_Van.png