Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kosef

I Just Want Shadowbane 2 Lol

• The rune system for character creation looks good.
  • I get to burn people's houses down.
  • I like the idea of a player-driven server progression.
  • I like that every server up is a different experience.
  • I haven't seen a dev post anything that makes me cringe.
  • Dividing server by rule sets keeps the carebears paying, which in turn keeps the good servers from being unplugged.
  • Go to line 1.

Run

So you like Shadowbane 2? 

1.  I like the archetype system.

2.  I like the chat creation system.

3.  I like the idea of SB style sieges and PvP carrying over.

4.  I think the art style is good, it's hard to dislike it.  It has mass appeal and it's easy on the eyes.

5.  I think a complicated crafting system is great for the long term aspect of the game.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

• The rune system for character creation looks good.
  • I like the idea of a player-driven server progression.
  • I like that every server up is a different experience.
  • I haven't seen a dev post anything that makes me cringe.
  • Dividing server by rule sets keeps the carebears paying, which in turn keeps the good servers from being unplugged.
  • Go to line 1.

Run

They pretty clearly said Eternal Kingdoms, the only persistent part of the game, is more of a lobby and only permits consensual PvP. That's why most people are concerned.

It's not the multiple rule sets that's the problem, it's that there will not be any sort of overarching persistent player territory conflict or war system.

That said, it is possible one or more of the worlds will be long running (6-12 months, maybe more) and will offer the features we desire, in which case things may turn out okay.

This isnt SB2 at all and its been said by the devs, idk why people still bring this up. 

Well because they used the Play2Crush.com which was carried over from SB. 

The entire manifesto on that page leads us to believe it is SB2.

The bulk of the players here are from SB.

Are you saying we were mislead?

Im saying read the dev comments, they said this isnt SB 2.0 exactly. And instead using things they learned and liked and worked well from shadowbane and other games they worked on to create crowfall. This game isnt exclusive to SB players but rather is a whole new game even if it does have some borrowed elements. If you havnt had a chance to follow the dev tracker i highly suggest it. Kinda hard to keep track what devs say otherwise other then the big announcements. I understand that maybe the SB community and wizardy101 and SWG where the first here since you guys have ties directly to the developers. But this isnt 2.0 anything and is its own game based on the experiences of said developers. And this game is aimed i believe at people interested in yes Play2Crush manifesto, and i dont think what they said is a lie but its also not shadowbane. And that's why i personally feel this game will do well.

http://www.crowscall.com/devtracker

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

Im saying read the dev comments, they said this isnt SB 2.0 exactly. And instead using things they learned and liked and worked well from shadowbane and other games they worked on to create crowfall. This game isnt exclusive to SB players but rather is a whole new game even if it does have some borrowed elements. If you havnt had a chance to follow the dev tracker i highly suggest it. Kinda hard to keep track what devs say otherwise other then the big announcements. I understand that maybe the SB community and wizardy101 and SWG where the first here since you guys have ties directly to the developers. But this isnt 2.0 anything and is its own game based on the experiences of said developers. And this game is aimed i believe at people interested in yes Play2Crush manifesto, and i dont think what they said is a lie but its also not shadowbane. And that's why i personally feel this game will do well.

http://www.crowscall.com/devtracker

Of course you are right, sadly, but I think we were mislead. However, we won't know until the ticker stops counting down.

It's risky marketing to the SB crowd like they did, if the game doesn't align to the manifesto (we already see trophies and EK)... there could be significant backfire.

The SB Crowd is pretty brutal if you can't tell.

Edited by Vindi

Of course you are right, sadly, but I think we were mislead. However, we won't know until the ticker stops counting down.

It's risky marketing to the SB crowd like they did, if the game doesn't align to the manifesto (we already see trophies)... there could be significant backfire. 

Yea i def agree with you here. I hope they do stick to the Play2Crush manifesto otherwise they will.

And lol i can tell, i just hope this doesnt become forumfall 2.0 with darkfall, man its SO BAD in thar regardless of the reasons.

Edited by krevra

krevra.png

Bunch of idiots that can't maintain focus for a thread, talking about some wonderful game no one cares about and so on.  I remember when I could slap you around and take all your **** until you quit, and then watch you squeal.  That's what kept me coming back.  Not listening to inane dribble on forums.  Too bad that won't be possible on this game.  

Gotta share our game infos & tweet each other on smite and then brag about spending monies.  atta boy.

loooooool he mad.  I thought you would have grown out of this sort of behavior by now.  I guess above average tactical intelligence doesn't in any way imply anything else.

Why are you here if this game blows so much, brah?  Like, for realsies.  It will be ok; it's just a video game.  They're supposed to make you happy. :(

Edit:  It's also ironic how you were rage-spouting about how Hyshen never engaged in alliances or diplomacy, when, just one specifically pertinent example is when we allied with you (FTP) and part-way through, you abondonded us to go play World of Warcraft in the middle of the bane-war we allied for...

No more Hyshen hugs for you, bro.   I'm sure you played to crush the poorly made socks out of those raid bosses and 3 v 3 arenas though...  Sorry CF is too carebear for you and yours.  /sniff

Edited by mourne

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Yea i def agree with you here. I hope they do stick to the Play2Crush manifesto otherwise they will.

And lol i can tell, i just hope this doesnt become forumfall 2.0 with darkfall, man its SO BAD in thar regardless of the reasons.

I think it will be worse than the Darkfall let down. DF was a rebound for SB players after the UBI shutdown... DF = ugly girl across the street that you hooked up with because your true love died.

Crowfall specifically targeted the SB Alphatypes. It's like a new marriage, we are already planning hardwood floors, garage shelves, walls are being formed...we plan to stay a while.

Edited by Vindi

There seems to be 4 groups, rather than the initial 3 that formed.  I'm just bunching up the 101 players since I haven't been following their opinions on the boards as much as the SB players (tee bee aych).

First groups:

Group 1 - Shadowbane vets

Group 2 - W101 folk

Group 3 - completely new

Current groups:

Group 1 - Shadowbane vets that don't think CF sucks yet

Group 2 - Shadowbane vets that think CF sucks

Group 3 - W101 folk

Group 3 - still new

It's just too early to tell the impact the Campaign system will have on the persistence aspects.  I'm hoping there is a lot of carry-over.  If the game really does turn out to be a place where everyone is hiding in the RvR world, and builds up their EK in safety etc., I wouldn't be around any longer than I was for GW2 or ESO or whatever other half-baked "GvG" game.

As Vandarr pointed out though, I just haven't seen anything the devs have said that makes me automatically assume the worst scenario.

cdinUTh.png

I think it will be worse than the Darkfall let down. DF was a rebound for SB players after the UBI shutdown... DF = ugly girl across the street that you hooked up with because your true love died.

Crowfall specifically targeted the SB Alphatypes. It's like a new marriage, we are already planning hardwood floors, garage shelves, walls are being formed...we plan to stay a while.

Lol xD. I just hope things dont get nasty is all. I want this game to succeed where many others might have failed.

krevra.png

Why are you here if this game blows so much, brah?  Like, for realsies.  It will be ok; it's just a video game.  They're supposed to make you happy. :(

No more Hyshen hugs for you, bro.  /sniff

For realsies!

I want hugs.

I forgot about the mission.  I was about to just give away my Hyshen hugs for nothing??  You've heard the talk - they're a precious commodity.  What are you trying to pull, Mal?  I guess there's something to be said for the sneakiness though...that should come in handy on the MISSION

cdinUTh.png

I think people need to wait and see how long the worlds and their seasons last before commenting on how close/far this is from what they loved in Shadowbane (i.e. War).

Let's be honest about one thing in Shadowbane ... whenever there was a new world (or reset), there was much more excitement and activity. I noticed that as a player back then and, if you've read some of the dev articles, they noticed it as well (and had the numbers to prove it).

I think as long as the worlds and their seasons last "long enough" for players to "get their war on" but come to a close before things start to "get stale", it will be quite successful. That is one of the things I've seen other sandbox MMOs not really tackle and so I'm excited to see this fully implemented.

When all there is is PvP, not everyone is fully content with "PvP just to PvP". Many of us want something to fight over. When the fights start to become meaningless, it can detract from the fun ... such as when an alliance of powerful guilds takes over the island continents and simply hold them as the big dogs. We did this on two separate maps in Shadowbane and it eventually got old. Sure, it was great at first when we conquered but after a while we didn't have much left that was exciting. People got annoyed that they were cut off from two whole islands and left which made it even less exciting on the server as there went our competition.

Additionally, we "won" ... in that we ended up controlling the server ... but we also "lost" in that we killed the rest of the server's population ... they stopped playing on that server (or Shadowbane completely). It would have been nicer to have this sort of Scenario:

----- ----- -----

World A starts: we whoop all of you and steal your cake (and likely ate it)

World A end: we reap more rewards from said cake theft

World B starts: we start at a slight advantage having received a higher % of our goods from "winning" ... but now many of you are not happy with us and we're all starting without our established fortifications ... getting a foothold is likely to become more difficult.

----- ----- -----

There's also potential for this Scenario:

----- ----- -----

World A gets dominated by LargeGuild

World B gets dominated by UberGuild

World A and B end

World C starts and both LargeGuild and UberGuild join it.

LargeGuild and UberGuild beat each other senseless and have a blast doing it ... maybe opens up opportunities for smaller guilds ... or smaller guilds are on World D which doesn't have LargeGuild and UberGuild .

----- ----- -----

I actually hated Chainmail and D&D but I loved AD&D, 3rd, 3.5, 4th and D&D Next.  No offense to the Dev Team but you can't fairly compare them to the Father of Modern Tabletop Gaming, CF better change the way MMO's are built before that praise is tossed on.

I will still probably throw some money on the CF Founders Packs (maybe for extra skins) but not for the sake of this game, more as a sign of respect for SB than whatever this is becoming. 

gah...just shows what abysmal taste you have...up through AD&D was brilliant, everything AFTER that was accountants trying to cater to carebears for moar monies by dumbing everything down as much as possible....

but i digress....

Mourne sez - "I just haven't seen anything the devs have said that makes me automatically assume the worst scenario."

well i have....play2crush manifesto ..."I don't want another meaningless trophy"........ same Dev during Hunger Week tells us for winning a Campaign we get to take a trophy back to our lobby in EK......

more and more i see "warning" signs that raise the hackles on the back of my neck, but i could easily be reading too much into things, the whole "points of interest", at first i greeted the Idea like "mines" as nothing but good....but reading on got me worried that rather than placing and Building as we are used to in SB, this would be more like choosing and improving a POI like in Darkfall....big difference, not a game breaker in and of itself....but a big difference, imo... and we won't know which is closest to actual until the timer runs out at the earliest...

there's more like that scattered about this past week especially, but i'm still of the mind that they are deliberately trolling us...not even kidding here....whether it's griefing as well i don't know...only time will tell us...

i'm seeing a TON of possible "choices", but can't tell how many are actually "meaningful"...

and therein lies the rub...what's going to actually be "meaningful" in the way an SBer understands it....will revolving campaigns be able to replace the "world"...

because what i'm getting out of it all so far is that this new Game will indeed NOT be a merry go 'round like WoW and the like.....but instead, will provide the spikes and valleys of an actual roller coaster...

and while yer looking at the shiny coaster, yer forgetting it's still in a theme park just like the merry go round

i dunno, i'm hoping i'm wrong...and no matter what, i'm going to try and treat CF as something "new" as opposed to an evolution from what i enjoyed, as i had first thought after reading the "manifesto"

i'm willing to hang around and find out more...if nothing else i'm fairly certain the actual mechanics will be some kind of Fun to play...what that's worth in the end , we will see...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

There seems to be 4 groups, rather than the initial 3 that formed.  I'm just bunching up the 101 players since I haven't been following their opinions on the boards as much as the SB players (tee bee aych).

First groups:

Group 1 - Shadowbane vets

Group 2 - W101 folk

Group 3 - completely new

Current groups:

Group 1 - Shadowbane vets that don't think CF sucks yet

Group 2 - Shadowbane vets that think CF sucks

Group 3 - W101 folk

Group 3 - still new

It's just too early to tell the impact the Campaign system will have on the persistence aspects.  I'm hoping there is a lot of carry-over.  If the game really does turn out to be a place where everyone is hiding in the RvR world, and builds up their EK in safety etc., I wouldn't be around any longer than I was for GW2 or ESO or whatever other half-baked "GvG" game.

As Vandarr pointed out though, I just haven't seen anything the devs have said that makes me automatically assume the worst scenario.

I guess there is some confusion from the two different main camps here.  Group A says they haven't seen Dev post's that directly state thing's they are opposed to and are more hopeful that the things they want are implemented.  Group B ,which I am in, assumes the worst because of what they aren't saying.  They are specifically leaving out stuff and that's what has me concerned, it's like they are constantly giving me forum blue balls.

1.  I really, really don't care the "little to no healing", there is a definite skill set to support characters and I for one think it's crucial.  I'm kind of bound to the idea of healers but that's from tabletop RPG's.

2.  That whole lobby EK thing kill's my potential murder boner. 

3.  The Speculation Game would have worked for a few weeks but this 60 days hogwash is starting to make me rethink playing. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

gah...just shows what abysmal taste you have...up through AD&D was brilliant, everything AFTER that was accountants trying to cater to carebears for moar monies by dumbing everything down as much as possible....

It's about diversity of characters for me, Chainmail and D&D were too simple in char design and too complex in combat.  I like the later versions as they devolpe more complex and fleshed out char designs.  I didn't mind THAC0 as a complex system for combat effectiveness, I didn't like the the little brown "Kit" books from AD&D though. 

I still think the best tabletop system I have played in 20 years of  gaming is Green Ronin's Game of Thrones.  Part of the char creation involves building a banner house and as your group gets stronger so does the house, it adds to the brutal systems already present.  

wiDfyPp.png