Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unsatiated

Full Loot?

As in Ultima Online preferably without Trammel style.  Full loot was the reason for risk and reward in that game.  Even in Shadowbane, there is no real loss when dying in open PVP in shadowbane or any other game.  I would like to see the return of true risk / reward in PVP with a full loot system.

I want there to be full loot, but only if you can secure the corpse. Like if their allies resurrect them, you can't get their loot, if you try to loot them, it takes a set amount of time per item, plus whatever carry limitation exists on your character.

But more interestingly, even if you can not resurrect your ally yourself, you should be able to rescue the body and drag it to safety. Foes would have to drag the corpse to safety as well if they wanted to loot it without getting owned on the battlefield. I feel this kind of battlefield dilemma would add some craziness to battles where epic equipment is involved. It reminds me of the Iliad where armies would attempt to secure or recover the corpse of fallen heroes to either loot them or bury them.

The depth and risk would make full loot a lot more exciting than simply being risky, it would also allow players to return to battle... with gear XD

I'm actually really curious as to how full loot, death, and battles/sieges will operate :)

Edited by BahamutKaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Really we need another thread on this? Seriously? Why can't people read the News forum or the Faq's where the Devs have already give the Loot ruleset to two of the worlds.

The Mods need to merge this with one of the 5 or 6 other threads of the exact same thing or get rid of it.

Yes, it depends on the gear and crafting - how easy is it to access end game pvp gear for casual gamers?

If it's quite easy to get into to compete in PvP - then full loot is the way to go at least for the Dregs world (FFA).

And they've already mentioned item decay in the world rulesets for CF(Crowfall).

Edited by Mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Really we need another thread on this? Seriously? Why can't people read the News forum or the Faq's where the Devs have already give the Loot ruleset to two of the worlds.

The Mods need to merge this with one of the 5 or 6 other threads of the exact same thing or get rid of it.

Research, reading, and exploration of the established communications aren't required to start threads apparently ;)

Research, reading, and exploration of the established communications aren't required to start threads apparently ;)

Just keyboards, neckbeards, knuckles to drag, and a mouth to breath through. Or at least, I'm doing ok.

Full loot sounds like a terrible idea, partial loot would be ideal. In a system with full loot there's no reason to ever cooperate or play with other players beyond a kill everyone you see indiscriminately. There's nothing a player can offer to another player to build relations that the other player couldn't get by killing them in a full loot system. 

I want there to be full loot, but only if you can secure the corpse. Like if their allies resurrect them, you can't get their loot, if you try to loot them, it takes a set amount of time per item, plus whatever carry limitation exists on your character.

There will never be allies in a system with full loot is my concern. Why would I ever play with someone else if I could get all the benefits of being their ally by murdering them? Knowing there would never be a group of allied players to oppose me I would need not worry about being caught in a situation where I'm alone against a group. Unless there were something outside of what can be taken off my body that could server as influence I don't see how this is going to work. A king had a lineage of established power and wealth they didn't have to carry on their person. If they were to be killed then another would take their place, the killer wouldn't immediately be granted all their influence and wealth. There needs to be some sort of system for holding onto influence or wealth beyond what's actually lootable off my body for any sort of social structure to develop with full loot. 

Research, reading, and exploration of the established communications aren't required to start threads apparently 

I don't see anything explaining the world rules in detail. There's equipment degeneration and looting rules, but do the looting rules include armor and the equipment degeneration apply for the equipment that's being taken by the looter? Is there anyway to secure items or are you always back to square 1, 100% naked and itemless every time you die? Does the equivilent of my gold also get taken? Is there a reasonable way to store or keep things so I'm not completely unarmed when I die? And if I get looted completely what's to stop a true griefer from sitting at the spawn point waiting for naked and unarmed players to respawn from camping us? There are teasers but I haven't been able to find any hard and fast information about this. 

Full Loot doesn't have to be synonymous with Open PK Xenryusho, it's becoming tiresome to dismiss assumed context all the time >.>

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

In a system with full loot there's no reason to ever cooperate or play with other players beyond a kill everyone you see indiscriminately. 

This may be the most asinine statement I've read on these forums yet.

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.