Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epicnexus

Player Population

35 minutes ago, Epicnexus said:

Hello, I wanted to ask times where the whole players are actually? because I almost never see which, even if I log in, is only displayed 10/150 players, no matter what time. Where is everyone :)

Sry Google translate ^^

That is a commonly asked question lately. There are several reasons fo the currently low tester populations.

First of all, it is summer. The time when most of the players come to sense and find out that other things but gaming might also make sense in life. ;)

Next, the development of Crowfall did take longer than expected. The reasons are sound. ACE did an outstanding job regarding how much they listen to their customers and how much they adjust their game to what it could become - which is definitely far more then they promised at the beginning. However, time is important. It is hard to keep the hype up for more than 1.5 years. Crowfall just passed the 2.5 years mark in development. This cant happen without a certain cost. Currently the balance sheet moves - even more than before - to a point where most people dont wont to invest anymore energy until they get the final game experience - be it single pledgers or player groups.

While it was normal one year ago that there are not a lot of players testig, it can feel quite worrying that one year later and "short before soft launch" the playtests still/again feel empty.  

I personaly think that we just reached a break-even-point. Out of different reasons. Crowfall gets more kown on the market. But in the same the old backers and testers loose more of their contact and connection. What we have now is not enough to keep the attention of most of the old crows up and to keep them motivated, and its also not enough to get the masses of the future crows into it. That is, just like your posting said, a problem.

We, as players, will have to see what the next months will bring to us. But be assured that ACE is more than just aware of those problems.

Let's hope the best ... and let's try to be part of it.

Personally, there have been some much needed mechanic changes to keep the game interesting, today's live stream changes to harvesting being a very key one, and the addition of a basic weapons rack into the beachheads was another.

The start off of new campaigns, and item wipes, which have been rather frequent as of late, has been really rough. Constantly re-starting after putting in multiple hours into gear and testing, has taken it's toll. Add to that the well known fact that there is a soon to happen "Nuke the site from orbit" wipe on the near horizon, and you have people chomping at the bit, but unwilling to spend time now.

I am avoiding burn out, by avoiding playing the game. When 5.3 drops, I expect everything, including my in game time, to pick up rather dramatically.

19 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Add to that the well known fact that there is a soon to happen "Nuke the site from orbit" wipe on the near horizon, and you have people chomping at the bit, but unwilling to spend time now.

This.

Very much this. 

There are a lot of us, myself certainly included, who are anxiously awaiting the "Nuke from orbit" to wipe everything clean again and level the field.  I had to back off on testing for a while because burnout is a very real thing.  I'm ready to get back in and test again, but the logical side of me knows it's best to save that energy for the Post-Nuke-World.

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

The hype surely needs to be ignited again before the game releases. The current crowfall related traffic is very low.

Keep in mind that the game is in testing for a very long and many people are just burned out. The game concept of survival / crafting / siegeing / building up a bank also doesn't really motivated when everything gets wiped anyways and nothing really matters.

Edited by drunk

Crowfall Wiki

well first of all what caffynated said. At this point getting too involved will hurt later on. Second of all right now it is testing the real thing (sort of). Back in HD/SP tests there were a lot more people but well it was all new and it were quick matches and focused tests. Now it's 24/7 kind of which results in a wider spread naturally. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

How can you tell which server to play on? For example Live or Test? The on Live, east or west or something else? I have yet to see more than (actually only "see" in chat) 2 players. I'm brand new so don't really understand where I should head to find others. Building stuff alone is boring :)

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, crazyguy said:

How can you tell which server to play on? For example Live or Test? The on Live, east or west or something else? I have yet to see more than (actually only "see" in chat) 2 players. I'm brand new so don't really understand where I should head to find others. Building stuff alone is boring :)

Play on Live for now, things will move to Test once the next major build, 5.3, is ready. As for East or West, either play on the one which gives you better ping, or which has the higher population. As for finding people, if you go to the Points of Interest in the middle of the map you are likely to find others, assuming they are online. These are at 2200 and 2700 for Stone, 3100, 2550 for Wood and 3800, 2700 for Ore. You can also sometimes find people at the nearby Forts using the Local Banks there, often banking materials they have picked up at the POI.

Genrally low, testing population and activity has been low of late, so you may not see many people.

This happens with most games of this nature. Albion online forum and interest was near dead and the game is alive and well. Once they release this and a few streamers start into it to give it more coverage along with write ups and youtube videos the game will fill up. It is not going to die it has not been alive yet.

On 9/26/2017 at 7:11 PM, wor said:

Nothing to do in game. Most every backer that was gonna play has played already and is already burned out by the bland combat/tedious crafting. Just waiting to see if much changes by launch but have lost most faith these days.

I dunno about everyone. . . But it is true if you let people in this early, some will get burned and disillusioned b/c the game is in such an early development stage.