Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClockworkOrange

Tomes P2W Model

When/if we add tomes after launch (and I suspect that we will, because we do need a catch-up mechanic for late arrivals) we'll put a gate in place to keep people from abusing it.  My current plan is to add a global max # of minutes since launch that players can't exceed; in effect, a new player won't be able to use Tomes to gain more total minutes than a standard VIP player who started on launch day. 

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

1 minute ago, jtoddcoleman said:

When/if we add tomes after launch (and I suspect that we will, because we do need a catch-up mechanic for late arrivals) we'll put a gate in place to keep people from abusing it.  My current plan is to add a global max # of minutes since launch that players can't exceed; in effect, a new player won't be able to use Tomes to gain more total minutes than a standard VIP player who started on launch day. 

Todd

ACE

/thread. 

Thanks Todd! 

23 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Todd

ACE

If you really want to make newcomers happy, consider making the diminishing returns planned, based on the lifetime number, and not the tree.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

22 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Todd

ACE

Todd the god! That's the solution I and many people were wanting from the start. I can't see how anyone will have any issues with the Tome System now.

A8qqrDv.gif

54 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Todd

ACE

Tomes successfully fixed. P2W issue alleviated. Great job.

23 hours ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Todd

ACE

That's good 

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

I'd also like to just leave this time stamp here.

Doesn't get much more direct than that.

ACE seems like a great place to work, honestly. I wish I could feel that secure in the ethos and goals of my company.

Edited by xaine

As somebody with disposable income I support Pay to Win and loot boxes...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

should people be allowed early advantages to stats and mechanics through money? no. should people be allowed to play and level more class than 1 at a time that will happen eventually anyways? yes. neither account should have an advantage, if you can main 3 accounts go for it. if you just want to main 1 and have 2 mules go for it.

On 11/22/2017 at 12:38 AM, xaine said:

The part where he starts talking about crowfall logo tshirts and fair use, then I see him in a Purrasic Park tshirt wondering if that shirt is within the jurassic parks guide lines :P