Stumpstuff

5.2.9 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports

Please grab the latest LIVE patch client for the 5.2.9 update. You can download both the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/

5.2.9 Patch Notes

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Are you having problems launching the game or some kind of blocker preventing you from progressing? Please Email us! support@crowfall.com

• Beachhead has a window stating our starting area can now be challenged.
  • Cheers for adding the practice dummies, but it would be great if they reflected actual damage numbers instead of the 1-9 damage I'm seeing. ;)
  • Fort campfire range (orange circle) draws on the roof of the building.
  • Some toast messages are redundant - got a message for "taking an unclaimed fort in Brookhurst" and second immediately after for "taking the fort at Brookhurst".
  • Had the teleport at the beachhead gate fail a few times when activated as far back as possible.  It teleports you inside the gate, and the F to interact prompt no longer functions or doesn't pop up at all: https://youtu.be/aesGWn8NXbg (teleport failures at :03 and :39)
Edited by Hyriol

14 minutes ago, Hyriol said:
  • Cheers for adding the practice dummies, but it would be great if they reflected actual damage numbers instead of the 1-9 damage I'm seeing. ;)

Are you seeing this on east or west?

The target dummy damage?  East server.

Edit:  Damage numbers seem to be consistent with a decimal point in the wrong place, 9 damage should be 900, yada yada.

Edited by Hyriol

1)  Please announce when you will be patching and if a server wipe is happening. I lost a full set of blue and purple gear

2) when skinning the server gives you a out of stamina tone/prompt when you still have stamina left (might be working off of base Stamina)

3) US east Server just kicked me off but still says "online" and wont let me back on

Alright...so I feel I have tested a bunch of this new stuff and have some thoughts.

Fort Capture Mechanics: AWESOME...these are FANTASTIC but these were not in the Patch Notes at all...
I don't know why they wouldn't be, they are a HUGE change in regards to game play and map/campaign control!

From what I could tell these mechanics were working quite well...but we could really use some explanation for how it works to actually know if they are working or not. 

Here's my perceptions after the past hour since server up:
1. Forts now have a Capture Point based around the Throne-Standing near the Throne will generate 'Control' for your Faction.
2. At 25% 'Control' a Fort is considered 'Captured' but more 'Control' can be generated up to 100% 
3. An opposing Faction standing near the Throne will drain your Faction 'Control' until the 'Control' is at 0% when they can begin to generate their own 'Control' (see 1)
4. Any contesting forces in the area together will slow each other down.

There is still a little doubt about whether the forts still have an invulnerability time when they can not be taken as well as how the 'Control' slider may Decay.

The R5 Cats and Boars are a nice addition.
The Zombies are neat but don't seem to have loot worth farming, some of their skills/animations could use a quality ironing to smooth out some flaws and roughness.
The Knockup is alright, but the Magic Particle Beam looks out of place and too sharp, if the beam was softer/mistier it would be an improvement imo.

Nice job, pretty excited about this patch but confused why such a major change wouldn't be included in patch notes.

Edited by Scorn
Zombies

Thank you so much for adding the R5 animals.  I was starting to think there was something preventing it.   I was able to confirm that they drop higher quality hunger shards - got several greens tonight.  

New capture mechanic is very cool.  Put forts spread out on a bigger map, with resources and POIs spread out, and a couple of keeps, make the fort walls sturdier, prevent non-duelists from teleporting through, and add NPC guards to forts, and you've got a CW we can compete for, given good win conditions.   Feels like you're making significant progress on the CW mechanics all of a sudden.

Sorry can't log in atm to check myself:

- What happens when you bring control to 0, does nobody own it?
- How does it work if balance & an allied faction are both standing in the area?

Edited by canvox

First issue I have had with downloading a patch. So I get this messgage:

Error #1

Operating System Error

One or more files are in use by another process

Failed to access content on disk

Write operation.

I don't have any other versions of the game running so I don't know why they would say "in use". It stopped with 12MB left.

3 hours ago, Doomshadow said:

First issue I have had with downloading a patch. So I get this messgage:

Error #1

Operating System Error

One or more files are in use by another process

Failed to access content on disk

Write operation.

I don't have any other versions of the game running so I don't know why they would say "in use". It stopped with 12MB left.

Run it as administrator.

13 hours ago, Hyriol said:
12 hours ago, Stumpstuff said:

Are you seeing this on east or west?

This is happening on US East this afternoon (14:00 GMT).

Plus the label of it will stay until you find a fort or keep to update that UI.

Fort lodge roof some areas dont have physical colliders, you can get into some parts.

Edited by Tofyzer
info added, wrong bug report removed (claiming work!)

Again, love the new capture mechanic! I think you nailed it!

Two small things though - perhaps have a message which is broadcast not only when a Faction's control of a Fort is lost, or when it goes neutral, or when a Faction claims it, but also when a Faction starts a claim...I suspect this may have been omitted to reduce spam, but it would be a good warning to give defenders time to get there.

Second thing, spelling error on 'unclaimed':

529_fortcapturenotifications.jpg

Crafting

• After i make a laborer basic discipline, i forgot to take it to inventory, and after a while i got into crafting window to found item lost and crafting recipes bugged on ASSEMBLY old bug! had to RESET it to back all recipes work (but lost item).

This can be replicate with other recipes (did with basic hammer runetool recipe)

EDIT2: Now when i try to make a second basic hammer, got the crafting stuck! Relogging fixed it

Edited by Tofyzer
updated info, plus second edit

15 hours ago, Hyriol said:

The target dummy damage?  East server.

Edit:  Damage numbers seem to be consistent with a decimal point in the wrong place, 9 damage should be 900, yada yada.

Yep, definitely a bug. I've found the problem and it should be fixed with the next patch. Thanks for this!