Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pk'n Penalties

hipatoid

I see all over the forums people asking for full loot or harsh death penalties for when you die.  What about penalties for the folks that enjoy killing just to kill?  Why not make someone think before then go on a killing rampage. It may have severe impact on their game play.  The best way to do this is player reputation of some sort.  Say you kill a member of a guild who holds the iron mines, your reputation with the iron mines goes down to where you are KoS when you get near the iron mines.  This means you can't successfully get iron on your own now.  Lets say those same people are part of a guild that holds a large commerce city.  Now you lost a place to trade your wares.  Since Crowfall boasts itself as a strategy game, I hope it ends up being more about strategy then simple ganking.  

Lets look at those players that own the mine.  If I try to enter the mines and they kill me for no reason and I am part of a guild that holds the area around a forest, they could lose access to the forest.  As well, lets say there is some way in game that they make that mine inaccessible to others or a high tax on mining there.  The PVP should be players rising up to take over the mines, sure your rep with the mine will go down.. that is until you take it over.  

They could even make it where if enough guildies get bad rep with a particular group, the entire guild can be flagged.  This would make it so guild members are held accountable for there actions.

PVP should make you have to think.  If the miners open up the mine to everyone, they may avoid war.  If they hold all the resources for themselves, they may find themselves the target of another guild attempting to take over.  

I realize there are going to be several play types in there game, I just hope this is one of them.  I'm all for full loot pvp, but I want someone to have to "really" want to kill me, not just kill me because they were bored and running through the country side killing all in their wake.  If I'm rolling around in full armor with a sick weapon and you want my gear, sure, but be prepared to suffer a consequence of bad rep and potential exile.  

This type of system would also encourage folks to band together.  If you don't belong to a guild with any sort of reputation, someone killing you could suffer some form of common reputation I guess. The real penalty would be killing someone who has the guild behind them with the rep to make you killing them hurt you in the long run.

Just my 2 cents on a piece of a game mode they could implement and I would gladly play.

Thoughts?

PVP should make you have to think.

Have you PvPed before? It's not like you drink too much Mountain Dew and you slam on a giant button that says kill.

Flames aside, they're saying that you go into a campaign with win/lose conditions that determine what you export/gain from a campaign. If you don't want to PvP, you can sit in the EK and roleplay to your heart's content. I'm going to be out there shoving your friend's face in the snow while trying to avoid being put facedown by the guy half a screen away trying to twitch win.

No need for reputation in a PvP game where you're on a campaign with a Highlander concept.

OP's forum career here in CF took a rocket start with this thread.

Somebody care to write a proper essay regarding consequences and players policing those consequences? After a few beers I find it too much of a drag to explain it for the thousand time.

OP's forum career here in CF took a rocket start with this thread.

Somebody care to write a proper essay regarding consequences and players policing those consequences? After a few beers I find it too much of a drag to explain it for the thousand time.

Probably better to just find one that's already been written and keep it open on your desktop in a .txt

Advantage to this, you can get bored and have all kinds of fun with spicing it up with some good formatting.

Wow.  I can see this community is going to be amazing.  They have already stated there will be multiple play modes.  What is wrong with suggesting one that is based more on political strikes vs. "oh no joe killed me, let me rally my army to kill joe back" .  Love the feed back.  Here's to them creating another zerg fest game that is already "so" successful if you all get your way.

@ Headlight - sure zerg games are fun.. for a day or two.  The win conditions are set in stone, neither are the rules of the server.  If you don't like my idea and they put it in there game, don't play on the server

@equus - Thanks for the support

@freeze - not sure what your reply has to do with my post.  I stated I want the mode to be more about doing sieges vs. random killings.

@Flip9999 - because keeping track of every scared PK'er who zergs you is how everyone likes to spend their time

@ginko - because 10 people who prob suck at pvp beating up on a gatherer is soo cool and fun

@jinglehell - The "game" doesn't have to be about zerging the lone guy or new player.  There are plenty of sandbox zerg games out already.  What is wrong with suggesting how they could set up one of their servers?

@nehemia - At least my post was a constructive suggestion to a potential play style.  just because you have 400 posts of bashing other people's ideas, doesn't make your opinion any more valid than mine.

@ everyone else who wants to come bash my idea - There are going to be many servers with many rules/regulations.  People who want to tell me if I don't want open world pvp with no consequence to go play a carebare game, first I never said I don't want open world pvp, second if you want it so bad go play darkfall or a similiar game.  This game is trying to be different, and i am simply making a suggestion on something they could add to a play mode.  

@anyone supporting my idea - Thank you.  I realize I'm new to this forum.  I had a crazy idea for a play mode I thought would be fun, and glad someone else thought it could be fun too.

PS:  woo hoo, my second post on this forum.  I'm moving up!

You're literally asking for a mechanic to enforce what should be emergent gameplay. On top of that... 

@ everyone else who wants to come bash my idea - There are going to be many servers with many rules/regulations.  People who want to tell me if I don't want open world pvp with no consequence to go play a carebare game, first I never said I don't want open world pvp, second if you want it so bad go play darkfall or a similiar game.  This game is trying to be different, and i am simply making a suggestion on something they could add to a play mode.  

This game is trying to be different from WoW and WoW clones, with instances, and safe fast travel, and no consequences, no world PvP. It's doing that by embracing emergent gameplay, which this mechanic would stifle. Having a PvP based game screwing people over for PvP is completely ridiculous. 

You're sitting there, making smartass comments to make yourself feel better about nobody liking your idea, but the truth is, all the people who like your ideas are busy playing WoW. You clearly haven't read as much of what the devs have released and teased as you think you have, or you're trolling violently.

The people saying your idea isn't appropriate for this game have been reading daily updates, and WANT a game that revolves around the concept of a food chain, and trying to be at or near the top.

Anyways, if you really want some carebear-friendly mechanics, this is the worst idea you could post, since I'd much rather be KoS with the Lollipop Guild than someone who can actually fight. 

Penalties for player killing should mostly come from the players themselves. The mechanics for "limiting" pvp shouldn't limit it, but punish reckless murdering with a fair hand to keep things from being a bit too crazy. Like there should be enough of a penalty to discourage killing someone where there is very little personal gain[AKA a brand new player unaffiliated with a guild] but not enough to keep you from killing targets where you can gain personally in some way. Otherwise, free game.

Of course, this is Crowfall, depending on the world you enter you should know exactly who your enemies are and who your allies are, so I don't think we really need a way/reason to penalize people for killing indiscriminantly.

@freeze - not sure what your reply has to do with my post.  I stated I want the mode to be more about doing sieges vs. random killings.

how could you :)

you seem to not have a clue

What I was trying to tell you, is that there are players, that will kill you for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

"My sandwhich was soggy this afternoon"t

that's a good reason actually...

you're one of these people that send me a tell with "why?!" after I've killed you.

This game is all about PvPing, PKing and so on.

all your suggestions go into a different direction. well, at least your sentiment behind them does.

Let's see if the crowfall version of tapping my shoes and saying no place like home works:

Shadowbane, Shadowbane, Shadowbane.

Lets see if the thread now gets moved to the Ghetto to die like it should.

The whole game revolves around fighting on multiple worlds with different rulesets of pvp. I would rather there not be some artificial bull**** penalty which limits or discourages pvp. 

Players should police the world and other players, not the game.

mickifreeaintagirl7us1b.gif

Edited by Helix

@nehemia - At least my post was a constructive suggestion to a potential play style.  just because you have 400 posts of bashing other people's ideas, doesn't make your opinion any more valid than mine.

I'd recommend looking at my previous post history prior to using it as an argument against me. However as I've stated before, players are to police players. Why should there be any artificial mechanics that penalize players choices of their actions, when having the freedom to do what you wish creates the consequences by itself when players react to your actions themselves? As freeze previously stated, nothing is more amusing than people asking us why did we attack them? Because it's our playstyle. We officially welcome you to do the same to us. Why? Because we have the freedom to do so. 

I've just written the same exact thing so many times I requested someone else to do it for me. You realize this thread met hostility for a reason, it contradicts the beliefs of player choices, actions and consequences that we believe is to be fundamental to the game design. Of course you can suggest it, but if you're expecting support towards it, that's not going to happen. People did challenge your believes in more polite way, but your mentality to their counter-arguments is ridiculous "zerg spamming". Hence I took the torch and branded a heart to your stomach, that's for a reason there. If you question the legitimacy of PvP, expect to be ridiculed at.

lol.  You all clearly know what every pvp player wants.  I wasn't looking for support, just providing a suggestion in a suggestion forum.  sorry for making your sandwhich soggy.  

np

The whole game revolves around fighting on multiple worlds with different rulesets of pvp. I would rather there not be some artificial bull**** penalty which limits or discourages pvp. 

Players should police the world and other players, not the game.

mickifreeaintagirl7us1b.gif

:o Your avatar and that gif are just to much...  :lol:

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...