Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need some helpful tips..

entityofsin

So I decided to start playing Crowfall and familiarize myself with some of the classes. Champion is my first choice cause a big brute wielding a 2 handed weapon and bashing things in the face up close seems pretty fun.

Does anyone else have problems fighting the other classes? I seem to get ganked a lot and stunned immediately once someone comes within range of me. On top of that I can't even tell if the person is in their attack range since I mostly get attacked by Confessors and Druid (I think, was shooting some kind of lightning looking stuff at me).

I couldn't really close the gap that well with the leaps and dodges cause they would just run away.

Any helpful tips or is this a common problem among solo champion players?

OS_Sig3.png

That was indeed the Druid shooting some kind of lightning at you.

Champion - or any melee really - is hard to play well, they are very different versus range. This is mitigated somewhat by choosing some of the Disciplines which directly address a few of the reasons it is difficult, such as CC Immunity and so on. As a Druid player, I can tell you that unless something goes wrong, or I am facing a very good player, dying to a melee in a 1v1 does not happen.

I am sure there are dedicated melee/Champion players who may have some better advice for you however. Also, welcome to Crowfall!

When we ran across you last night you were solo. It's never good to be solo, Crowfall is team based PvP and is balanced as such. You will find Champion plays better in a group. However if you just want to explore on your own, roll a Duelist and make and equip the Bard Discipline. (I am assuming you know how to do that)

You have some very good guilds on your faction, make friends, and get in voice comms. Several people periodically host 1v1 and small squad scrimmages in their Eternal Kingdoms, also check out Crowfall Discord to meetup with people. About twice a week -W- scrimmages and I'm sure Sugoi, LOD, UDL, and TB do as well.

If you have aversions to Guilds then gets some friends to play with you and practice together in your Eternal Kingdom (everyone has an EK) before you run around on the live world.

Running around by yourself is gonna be hard as a new player.

Welcome to Crowfall and Good Luck. 

Edited by corvax

I don't really know how to equip disciplines but I am sure it's easy to figure it out.

I'll jump on Discord and talk to other people in Chaos to see if I can group up with them and go to some pvping. Right now I am trying to get better gear and understand that playstyle. Perhaps the Duelist is a good choice.

Anyways, thanks for the pointers!

OS_Sig3.png

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2017 at 3:47 AM, Yumx said:

Try molehunter, you get a ranged root from the power Get'Em. 

Mole hunter doesn’t work against most ranger/druids cuz wood elves are broken.

with that said....

really looking to try new classes and have friends already on champion/Myra and we’re pretty much refusing to sell out to the wood elf band wagon.  Definitely looking for race/skill tips as we’re trying out some of these:  jugg, blademaster, molehunter (for the root even though doesn’t work on wood elves) and just about anything else with CC or CC immunity.  

5 minutes ago, Xpade said:

Mole hunter doesn’t work against most ranger/druids cuz wood elves are broken.

with that said....

really looking to try new classes and have friends already on champion/Myra and we’re pretty much refusing to sell out to the wood elf band wagon.  Definitely looking for race/skill tips as we’re trying out some of these:  jugg, blademaster, molehunter (for the root even though doesn’t work on wood elves) and just about anything else with CC or CC immunity.  

You can still bait their dodges, root and sprint over there ..

Also next patch it'll work, so might as well practice it now.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

Champion and Myrms are at a huge disadvantage right now.

1- Buggy dps skills (rend, zerk, net etc)

2- Pure melee stuck at only one skill tray vs classes with duel range or range/melee trays 

3- FoTM easy bow kiting very mobile with lots of cc classes 

4- Somewhat gear dependent 

Anyway take your lumps now and learn from it is my suggestion. Leap is your friend, always be hitting your ultimate warrior, and find a pocket healer is my advice.  

Edited by Barab

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

All great stuff guys. I don’t play champ, but they look fun.  I’m trying to pair a Knight with a champ/Myrm.  I envision chains/leap or chains/net duo doing well enough to make it feasible.  The only thing holding it back is the lack of defense offered.  It’s sad face day when plate offers less resists to the highest dps than the other armors.  I know it’s less than leather... and wouldn’t be surprised if cloth/basic has more as well.  

Mother things I’d like to toy with is trubador snare aura, and some timer resets... hope they affect RMB and not just skills.

• 2 months later...

Melee versus Ranged is terrible in this game currently. Like noted above, Ranged can kit all day long and when you do finally get on them as a melee class (At half health or lower because they can KIT and destroy you at range) they (melee) does terrible DPS and you get rooted/cc'd and they leap,teleport, jump and repeat until you are dead. Even with a pocket healer. Something has to be done to be able to stick on a ranged class for at least a little bit of time. As ranged their kit ability has to be reduced or their cooldowns increased ABOVE Melee. If I can leap every 12 seconds, ranged should be able to leap every 24 seconds so I can at least have 12 seconds to do some damage to them.

On 3/19/2018 at 4:32 PM, Haterade said:

Melee versus Ranged is terrible in this game currently. Like noted above, Ranged can kit all day long and when you do finally get on them as a melee class (At half health or lower because they can KIT and destroy you at range) they (melee) does terrible DPS and you get rooted/cc'd and they leap,teleport, jump and repeat until you are dead. Even with a pocket healer. Something has to be done to be able to stick on a ranged class for at least a little bit of time. As ranged their kit ability has to be reduced or their cooldowns increased ABOVE Melee. If I can leap every 12 seconds, ranged should be able to leap every 24 seconds so I can at least have 12 seconds to do some damage to them.

I really don't think champion has problem with getting kited ,you have the 2 leaps plus if you are a centaur you have the charge, and when you get in range you can use hurlbat so you can slow them.Aaaaand if you still have problems scarecrow is the way to go.Other melee classes have problems with fighting vs ranged but champion is really ok against ranged, that's why in the groups i run with i'm(champion main) the one putting pressure on the ranged players.